• Brayden Tracey

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
It's time for our annual Ducks prospect rankings. Each poll will run for 48 hours except in the case of a clear landslide. I will go to the top 25 and include a final poll where you can pick 5 honorable mentions. Please tell me who you want me to add in the replies. In the second poll, I am voting for Jamie Drysdale.

As always the list will define prospects as hockeysfuture does: NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future.

2021 Ducks Prospect Rankings
1. C - Trevor Zegras (no change)

Our notable graduates and departures are:

Max Comtois
Isac Lundestrom
Antoine Morand
Jack Kopacka​

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
  1. Zegras (Matt Barzal type IMPACT)
  2. Drysdale

3. McTavish (solid 2C or goal scoring winger)

4. Perreault (worse version of Kessel)
  5. Zellweger (Girard-ish with some Spurgeon mixed in)
  6. Pastujov (if he improves skating better version of Terry)
  7. Dostal (hard to predict goalies)
  8. Groulx (Bonino-ish but a little more physical)
  9. LaCombe (waiting to see him at AHL level) (boom or bust)
  10. Thrun (3rd pairing)
  11. Tracey (boom or bust)
  12. Colangelo
  13. Tschigerl (worse version of Blake Coleman, I think he will be a 3rd liner, great pick)
  14. McLaughlin (sleeper)
  15. Hinds
  16. Nickl
Cluster I have between 4-7 & 9-14 are super close.

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
  1. Zegras (Matt Barzal type IMPACT)
  2. Drysdale

3. McTavish (solid 2C or goal scoring winger)

4. Perreault (worse version of Kessel)
  5. Zellweger (Girard-ish with some Spurgeon mixed in)
  6. Pastujov (if he improves skating better version of Terry)
  7. Dostal (hard to predict goalies)
  8. Groulx (Bonino-ish but a little more physical)
  9. LaCombe (waiting to see him at AHL level) (boom or bust)
  10. Thrun (3rd pairing)
  11. Tracey (boom or bust)
  12. Colangelo
  13. Tschigerl (worse version of Blake Coleman, I think he will be a 3rd liner, great pick)
  14. McLaughlin (sleeper)
  15. Hinds
  16. Nickl
Cluster I have between 4-7 & 9-14 are super close.
My list is
1. Zegs
2. Drysdale
3. Mctavish
4. Perreault
5. Dostal
6. Lacombe
7. Zellweger
8. Groulx
9. Thrun
10. Pastujov

I put a little more stock in players ive seen more(previous draft), than recently drafted players.
Groulx im hoping can be a kadri lite, but i also see the bonino comp too.

Perreault is prob the prospect im most excited about... i think hes going to be a great winger for us for a long time.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Leave the polls up longer- we’re burning through the interesting prospects too fast. I’d rather talk about zegras and drysdale for a whole day than debate the lacombe vs Tracey.

the season is a long ways away still.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'm assuming we get to 4 by the end of the day. Maybe even 5 lol. I certainly think these guys are closer than the polls are indicating though
I think they are closer... but i think most everyone had
Zeg > Drysdale > mctavish... not but much but significant enough that the voting wont vary much fan to fan.

After that i think it gets ineresting
4-6 i think could really go in any order from
Perreault, dostal, Zellweger

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Leave the polls up longer- we’re burning through the interesting prospects too fast. I’d rather talk about zegras and drysdale for a whole day than debate the lacombe vs Tracey.

the season is a long ways away still.
I mean to be fair I don't think most people see these early ones as something worth discussing, they see these players as the obvious picks and place their votes and go.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
There's nothing to say about Z or D. Just enjoy the ride.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
I mean to be fair I don't think most people see these early ones as something worth discussing, they see these players as the obvious picks and place their votes and go.

maybe for the first 1 or 2 because they’re easy blowouts but it’s kind of unfortunate for people who can’t check at work or are in Europe if they don’t get to participate based on how you feel . idk.

I personally feel like my rankings aren’t going to break the mould but someone might show up with a compelling argument for Zellweger at 4 or something you know ?

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
maybe for the first 1 or 2 because they’re easy blowouts but it’s kind of unfortunate for people who can’t check at work or are in Europe if they don’t get to participate based on how you feel . idk.

I personally feel like my rankings aren’t going to break the mould but someone might show up with a compelling argument for Zellweger at 4 or something you know ?
We usually leave them open if they are close for a little while atleast... top 3 are basically done.

Reactions: Boo Boo

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
He is close to busting if he doesn't do anything in the AHL this year.

He did have the dozen game taste of the AHL but is still just heading into his rookie pro season. Not everyone shreds the AHL in their rookie year, I think he needs a bit more rope. Needs to become a quality AHL contributor over the next 2+ seasons, and be pushing for an NHL job by age 22.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
He did have the dozen game taste of the AHL but is still just heading into his rookie pro season. Not everyone shreds the AHL in their rookie year, I think he needs a bit more rope. Needs to become a quality AHL contributor over the next 2+ seasons, and be pushing for an NHL job by age 22.
If he really struggles there again what do they do ?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
If he really struggles there again what do they do ?

This upcoming season? Ride it out, continue to focus on the key areas of development they've mapped out. Not to say that his AHL numbers don't matter this upcoming season, but again I think a fair expectation would be that he's getting his feet wet, learning the pro game - then really cranking it up in 2022-23, impact AHL player and starting to knock on the NHL door. Just not the type of prospect we should have expected to break through at age 19 or 20 (I consider this year his age 20 season). If he's right on the verge of NHL duty at age 21 or 22, he's still right on track as a late 1st rounder. Some guys just take a little bit longer.

I think he'd really have to struggle quite badly before they'd ever consider sending him back down for an overage season in junior, if that's what you were hinting at?

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
He is close to busting if he doesn't do anything in the AHL this year.

I’ve said it repeatedly on here, but Madden really messes up on his later round picks. He needs to stop drafting players that are either late risers, or someone who climbs the draft board at a rapid pace.

I was never a fan of the pick. You had better players around him at the time you really could have had.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
I’ve said it repeatedly on here, but Madden really messes up on his later round picks. He needs to stop drafting players that are either late risers, or someone who climbs the draft board at a rapid pace.

I was never a fan of the pick. You had better players around him at the time you really could have had.
Tracey was a first round pick

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018

Is he slated for the A? I thought there was still a chance he'd go back to Juniors this year.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad