Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi everyone,

Congratulations on the Pick.
C80E67BD-6309-43B8-8985-58A70FC253F2.gif

When I was still under the illusion that my Canucks had a #9th pick I’d read & looked into this fellow, along with several others. I’m no scout, but I sure liked him.

Hope you are all doing well and enjoying the summer with your families. Best of luck with the rest of the Draft.

Cheers,
3619E13A-0B4E-44AB-98DB-74949EA4915F.jpeg

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Corey Pronman put together a "Draft Confidential" piece where he spoke to anonymous scouts to get both positive and negative feedback on all of the top prospects. This is what he came up with on Lysell:

Fabian Lysell, RW, Lulea-SHL: Lysell is considered one of the faster players in the draft and was a potential top-10 pick coming into the season, but he had an up and down campaign.

“He’s dynamic. Dynamic usually plays well in the NHL.”

“When he gets space to come up with speed, he can be a real threat, but he can be taken out of the game physically. Inside the zone he can’t win the battles you need to be successful consistently.”

“He brings a skating element that is rare in this draft class. If you want guys who can fly with skill in the first round, the options are very limited.”

“His speed and skill combination is top-10-pick quality, but he can play selfishly, his compete is in and out. I see a lot of development work ahead for an organization.”​

Worst case milano/ho sang

best case: ehlers, panarin.

projection- dadonov, vrana

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Only been following tangentially prior to now. Why'd the Wild trade up in front of us? Would Sweeney have taken that goalie?

No but wild were competing with other teams who wanted that goalie and were looking to move up with edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad