GDT: 2021 Draft Thread II - 8 PM ESPN2, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Cont'd from the previous thread...

That "hard-ass" Yzerman just overpaid for Nick Leddy. Perhaps he is in a giving mood this year.

Bottom line is that the Red Wings need NHL quality players, preferably under 25 years of age to come up together ahead of their premier prospects. JDB has 30g upside and they have more than enough draft capital to burn.

Reactions: BlackFrancis

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013

Some thoughts on some kids who play hockey.

Sheesh, aside from the Q kids, I agree with almost everything you have said so far.

Do Olausson, you coward!

edit: oh, did you get a gander at Lambos in Finland? Looks big and bulky in the WHL, but he looked puny with all the pros. Such a good example of perspective with these kids.

Reactions: BruinsNetwork

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
Sheesh, aside from the Q kids, I agree with almost everything you have said so far.

Do Olausson, you coward!

edit: oh, did you get a gander at Lambos in Finland? Looks big and bulky in the WHL, but he looked puny with all the pros. Such a good example of perspective with these kids.

olausson in there somewhere! twitter botched the continuity of the thread, so if you follow it linearly and click show thread under each tweet you'll see some are under the others. theres 40 tweets total IIRC.

Reactions: BlackFrancis

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021

Do Olausson, you coward!

BlackFrancis

Dec 14, 2013
olausson in there somewhere! twitter botched the continuity of the thread, so if you follow it linearly and click show thread under each tweet you'll see some are under the others. theres 40 tweets total IIRC.
Thanks for that, I'd never have seen it.

I think you've got Olausson's size wrong, though with no combine, who can say. He's big, somewhat strong, a great skater and really seems to be a smart player, even when he was somewhat lost in the weeds in the SHL. Always moving to the right spot, taking the right guy.

Switching gears from one obsession to another, of all the kids I watched, Othmann was the only one whose motor and smarts left no lingering questions. He was easily the best backchecking wing and may very well have been the best backchecking forward.

Reactions: PepeBostones

The Laukomotive

Nov 26, 2017
Eichel going to Minnesota

I think that's gonna happen and it's going to backfire in spectacular fashion.

They will possibly trade both Rossi and Boldy. Then have around 19M commited to Eichel and Kaprizov, plus the 12.7/14.7M in dead cap between 2022 and 2025 because of the buyouts. WHen it finally goes down to 1.6M, it's the last year of Eichel's contract.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bruins round 3-7 need to go after overagers like Louhri.

with the uncertainty perfect time to take a serious look at these kids especially from USHL or BCHL and Europe

50+ played out of 210-220 drafted players are overagers 25% and after top 50 picks it jumps to around 1 in 3 was previously Undrafted in draft year (hello Conor Garland)

Lohrei went in the 50’s (58) which is when it usually ramps up. I chuckle at all the Lohrei is a hundred years old from our resident know it all draft expert here but that’s usually when the floodgates open.

The Senators 3 picks after Lohrei took a DOUBLE overager, Egor Sokolov who spent the shutdown working on his stride and overall skating came over and played in the AHL for Belleville and was the Sens top scorer in their farm and cracked the number one rated prospect pool ahead of guys like Jarventie (I’d have had him ahead but …) and Sogaad, in the 9th spot.

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

BlackFrancis

Dec 14, 2013
Bruins round 3-7 need to go after overagers like Louhri.

with the uncertainty perfect time to take a serious look at these kids especially from USHL or BCHL and Europe

50+ played out of 210-220 drafted players are overagers 25% and after top 50 picks it jumps to around 1 in 3 was previously Undrafted in draft year (hello Conor Garland)

Lohrei went in the 50’s (58) which is when it usually ramps up. I chuckle at all the Lohrei is a hundred years old from our resident know it all draft expert here but that’s usually when the floodgates open.

The Senators 3 picks after Lohrei took a DOUBLE overager, Egor Sokolov who spent the shutdown working on his stride and overall skating came over and played in the AHL for Belleville and was the Sens top scorer in their farm and cracked the number one rated prospect pool ahead of guys like Jarventie (I’d have had him ahead but …) and Sogaad, in the 9th spot.
Next year will be a good year to have a few extra lower round picks for 19 and 20 year olds, as there probably should be a lot of leftovers from the OHL specifically and the CHL in general after the draft this week.

Normally, I'd say there would be a larger opportunity to sign CHL kids that go undrafted this week, but I'm not sure how that's going to work this year with the WHL and QMJHL having only partial seasons while the OHL had none. I believe the rule for North American draft eligibles is that they have to play an entire season in NA in order to be signed as a FA after being passed over in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad