Prospect Info: 2021 Draft #9 - Dylan Guenther (RW)

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
If Regina moved Bedard the fans would revolt.
What fans? I don’t think the Pats are drawing more than 2000 actual people to games right now. It’s a ghost town.

The fans have already revolted and stopped attending over ticket prices. The smart move would be to trade Bedard and rebuild the team. He isn't helping them be great on the ice or at the box office. He is fantastic though.
Regina doesn’t have a roster that is capable of a run at memorial cup. They emptied the cupboard when they hosted a few years back only to lose in the final. Smart management would be to recoup the future that they gave up given Bedard won’t play in WHL next year. Its the new owner (who is getting a lesson that you can’t raise prices like he has when Moose Jaw is 40 minutes away and they charge half as much in a far superior building and better roster) who doesn’t want to move him.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Guenther needs to work on becoming a better NHL player. He can’t do that in the WHL. He’s already as good a WHL as it’s possible to be. There’s absolutely no point in sending him back. He needs nhl experience and nhl growth. Sending him to the WHL would be extremely stupid. This isn’t a tough decision. Not at all. It could not be more clear. He needs to stay.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
Yesterday was his 9th game, so now we have to make a decision.

I think this has solely to do with his mindset. If he's okay with being on a team that is this poor, than I'd keep him up.

We can't score, and he's been alright in that regards so I hate to think we are going to even get worse.

I'm on the bus on what we should do with him, and think either choice has it's pros and cons.

Guenther needs to work on becoming a better NHL player. He can’t do that in the WHL. He’s already as good a WHL as it’s possible to be. There’s absolutely no point in sending him back. He needs nhl experience and nhl growth. Sending him to the WHL would be extremely stupid. This isn’t a tough decision. Not at all. It could not be more clear. He needs to stay.
I hope he stays, but I do get the arguments for sending him down.

Plus with Kassian out, and this massive road trip ahead, I think him staying up will be good.

Send Mayo away if anyone.

Reactions: Prarievarg

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
At this point I want him to stay until around the WJC. If he can't keep up what we have seen so far send him down.

I don't mind burning a year of ELC. We will have plenty of flexibility on cap with all the influx of ELCs we will have over the next 5-8 years.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Can't send him back at this point. Played too well and the team needs the scoring to avoid getting dumpstered every night.

Reactions: Jakey53

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
I wonder if we were a top 10 team with Guenther, and the same pickle, what the decision would be.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I don't think the premise was giving him 9 games to prove that he deserves to be here, but 9 games to show that he doesn't. He's here to stay!

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
He's done everything you could really ask of him to this point. I still worry about the physical grind of 82 games and the increased possibility of injury compared to the WHL. But sending him back now would purely be to save an ELC year, and would be an unwarranted punishment to the player who has clearly shown that he can play in the NHL.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
He's done everything you could really ask of him to this point. I still worry about the physical grind of 82 games and the increased possibility of injury compared to the WHL. But sending him back now would purely be to save an ELC year, and would be an unwarranted punishment to the player who has clearly shown that he can play in the NHL.
You could always scratch him here and there if he's showing signs of fatigue. The skill is there, he's learning to be an NHLer and part of that will be seeing what's necessary to keep up with 82 games against men. It'll be a strong lesson for his growth.

Reactions: Jakey53

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
I was honestly leaning towards sending him back because Guenther is ready for the Yotes, but the Yotes aren't ready for Guenther (read: ready to compete). But I'm not mad if he stays for the reasons that several of us have already articulated.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Seems like a good, happy kid. Glad he's ours. Thanks for fleecing us Vancouver. (you said it, not us)
Hope that OEL contract and rumored, unhappy Garland was worth it.
C'mon now, don't rub it in. Not with the Canucks may be willing to trade Horvat later in the season.

Reactions: Jagged Ice

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023

1708470655833.png

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
I will admit, last season I had doubts about Dylan, but I was definitely wrong. The Silver lining ( or one of them anyways) in the recent Coyote losing streak has been watching Dylan and Logan. I keep asking myself why they look so much more competitive on the ice than the rest of the team. Are they that much more talented, or do the other guys lack guts/heart or both ?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I will admit, last season I had doubts about Dylan, but I was definitely wrong. The Silver lining ( or one of them anyways) in the recent Coyote losing streak has been watching Dylan and Logan. I keep asking myself why they look so much more competitive on the ice than the rest of the team. Are they that much more talented, or do the other guys lack guts/heart or both ?

I think it's mostly talent. It seems like small differences in talent can make big differences on the ice, and when you combine several highly talented players there is a compounding effect.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00