NCAA GDT: 2021 CFP National Championship Game: (1) Alabama Crimson Tide vs (3) Georgia Bulldogs

sec sec sec

• Total voters

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The Dawgs can win this game though they are going to need to do alot better job getting after Bryce Young. For as many issues the Alabama offensive line has had this year they played well that game. I think Alabama will win but it will be closer than the game in Atlanta.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Single cheapest ticket isn’t a good valuation of this. Even though going to Indianapolis in January probably isn’t very appealing.
The game between Clemson and Bama in SF didn’t generate much interest around town as it was those 2 teams. The championship is played in an nfl stadium. So unless they keep it to places like Houston, Dallas, NO, Atl, TB, and such it limits their destinations if different teams don’t makes the finals.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The game between Clemson and Bama in SF didn’t generate much interest around town as it was those 2 teams. The championship is played in an nfl stadium. So unless they keep it to places like Houston, Dallas, NO, Atl, TB, and such it limits their destinations if different teams don’t makes the finals.
That doesn't equate to the single cheapest ticket though. $424 is a lot.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I don't think going to Indianapolis is very appealing the other 11 months either

For some reason this reminded me of a travel story.

I once flew back home (which at the time was Syracuse, NY) in January after seeing my then girlfriend in Miami during winter break in college. Had a layover in Atlanta. As we started approaching our target area and descended below the thick gray clouds into our approach at KSYR, the passengers got to see what I saw every winter growing up: a wasteland of lake-effect snow, ten feet per year, and everything mobilized primarily for the purpose of dealing with that volume of snowfall.

One of the bewildered passengers said in a very thick Southern accent "No offense but why would anyone want to live here?" I responded "because it's home" because I literally didn't have any other explanation. I should have asked him why tf he was on this flight but w/e.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
For some reason this reminded me of a travel story.

I once flew back home (which at the time was Syracuse, NY) in January after seeing my then girlfriend in Miami during winter break in college. Had a layover in Atlanta. As we started approaching our target area and descended below the thick gray clouds into our approach at KSYR, the passengers got to see what I saw every winter growing up: a wasteland of lake-effect snow, ten feet per year, and everything mobilized primarily for the purpose of dealing with that volume of snowfall.

One of the bewildered passengers said in a very thick Southern accent "No offense but why would anyone want to live here?" I responded "because it's home" because I literally didn't have any other explanation. I should have asked him why tf he was on this flight but w/e.

Yeah as I get older I ask myself these types of questions each winter, and Pittsburgh isn't nearly as snowy and cold as Syracuse.

And I know they go to places like Indy because of the stadium but if I was going to spend several thousand dollars to go to a championship game or super bowl, it would be a hard sell for me to go to a place like Indy or Detroit in the dead of winter. I'm not a beach guy but Miami or LA or someplace you can be outside and do things would be a big selling point.

Maybe they do it so the southerners can see what we go through in a little role reversal?

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Something doesnt make sense here. Alabama opened as a point favorite now it is Georgia -3 and it hasnt moved. Alabama just blasted them a month ago. Im perplexed. Vegas knows more than I do but to me it seems like they like Georgia...again.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Pretty sure Georgia was always the favorite, I thought they opened -1.5

Notable Bets: Behind the Georgia-Alabama opening line, and what caused it to move

Hmmm, this is what I looked at.

College Football Las Vegas Odds - NCAAF Betting Lines (vegasinsider.com)

Though still, it doesnt make sense to me that it towards Georgia after we saw the beating they took a month ago. Though from that article you posted it seems due to the large bets are on Georgia while more money is on Alabama. I expect more of the public to bet Alabama and Mattress Mack put a huge bet on them so I like the Dawgs chances :laugh:.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Yeah as I get older I ask myself these types of questions each winter, and Pittsburgh isn't nearly as snowy and cold as Syracuse.

And I know they go to places like Indy because of the stadium but if I was going to spend several thousand dollars to go to a championship game or super bowl, it would be a hard sell for me to go to a place like Indy or Detroit in the dead of winter. I'm not a beach guy but Miami or LA or someplace you can be outside and do things would be a big selling point.

Maybe they do it so the southerners can see what we go through in a little role reversal?

From experience, Miami is absolutely awesome in January and early February. High temperatures range mostly from low 70's to low-mid 80's and it's the "dry" season (relatively speaking, that is) so the humidity hasn't become insufferable yet. It's a great place for a SB except for the fact that the stadium is in the North Miami/Miami Gardens area, which is a total shithole.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad