2021 Blues Regular Season multi-purpose thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
The genius in the Blues organization that decided to sort that graphic by the dates on the left and not the dates on the right, needs a serious talking to.
Are you being serious or sarcastic? I think the way the Blues sorted that graphic made it so much easier to read and comprehend. Ah well.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
So what do the lines look like with everyone healthy? Who sits in the press box?

I'd run this:

Saad - O'Reilly - Perron
Schenn - Thomas - Kyrou
Buchnevich - Barbashev - Tarasenko
Joshua - Bozak - Sundqvist

Scandella - Parayko
Krug - Faulk
Mikkola - Bortuzzo

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Ive been wondering about Kostin's fistic accomplishments. According to Hockey Fights, Kostin was only in four or five fights in the minors. I watched the highlights and Kostin won them all by beatdowns. But I have no idea of the competence of his opponents.

Apparently, Kostin has no NHL fights to date. Its no big deal since fighting is nearly dead in the NHL. I mention this only because Nashville seemed to playing a physical style of game the other night.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Ive been wondering about Kostin's fistic accomplishments. According to Hockey Fights, Kostin was only in four or five fights in the minors. I watched the highlights and Kostin won them all by beatdowns. But I have no idea of the competence of his opponents.

Apparently, Kostin has no NHL fights to date. Its no big deal since fighting is nearly dead in the NHL. I mention this only because Nashville seemed to playing a physical style of game the other night.
The preseason after he was drafted had the most exciting moment of Kostin’s career to date. He was playing on a line with Thomas against the Stars, the Stars had the puck in the defensive zone trying to transition to offense and Kostin destroyed a guy with a hit and fed Thomas in the slot who went on to bury it, but the goal didn’t count because a Stars player decided to fight Kostin and Klim beat him down pretty good as an 18 year old. He can throw ‘‘em pretty good. I’d bet he gets in a scrap before the end of the year with some of these hits he’s throwing.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
The preseason after he was drafted had the most exciting moment of Kostin’s career to date. He was playing on a line with Thomas against the Stars, the Stars had the puck in the defensive zone trying to transition to offense and Kostin destroyed a guy with a hit and fed Thomas in the slot who went on to bury it, but the goal didn’t count because a Stars player decided to fight Kostin and Klim beat him down pretty good as an 18 year old. He can throw ‘‘em pretty good. I’d bet he gets in a scrap before the end of the year with some of these hits he’s throwing.
Very poetic that the pick we acquired in the Reaves trade turns out to be a good fighter himself

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
We are 5th in goals/game. It's weird having a genuine elite offensive team.

Also 9th in goals against/game.
We're top 10 in most team based stats. FO% and SA/PG are our lowest stats. Most of the teams with less GA than us have played less games than us as well.

#3 PP
#6 PK

Our goalies combined are 5th in Save% at .915 (best is .923)

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
In this situation I would go balls deep on Chychrun and keep Tarasenko and let him walk in FA. Tarasenko is am absolute stud right now and this year plus next having him gives us the best chance to win a cup.
I am in the same boat as you.

My #1 choice is to move Tarasenko in the summer and I firmly believe that this conversation needs to be had with his representation before we make any move. I'd be shocked if Army hadn't discussed it multiple times already. Given how tight we are against the cap, we just can't take on a $4.6M salary without some idea of how we're going to make next season work.

But in a scenario where Tarasenko tries to force the "keep me or move me now" decision, I'm keeping him and letting him play out his contract. I'll trim from other areas of the roster to fit a Chychrun (or similar) upgrade onto next year's roster before I take away 2 Cup runs with Tarasenko. With that said, I would also continue trying to move him in the summer. I'd find a couple deals and then approach him about waiving the NTC. If he does, great. If not, then we can credibly say that we tried, he wants to stay here and we put the story to bed.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
In this situation I would go balls deep on Chychrun and keep Tarasenko and let him walk in FA. Tarasenko is am absolute stud right now and this year plus next having him gives us the best chance to win a cup.
This year and next, buddy.

The Blues can win the Cup this year.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I am in the same boat as you.

My #1 choice is to move Tarasenko in the summer and I firmly believe that this conversation needs to be had with his representation before we make any move. I'd be shocked if Army hadn't discussed it multiple times already. Given how tight we are against the cap, we just can't take on a $4.6M salary without some idea of how we're going to make next season work.

But in a scenario where Tarasenko tries to force the "keep me or move me now" decision, I'm keeping him and letting him play out his contract. I'll trim from other areas of the roster to fit a Chychrun (or similar) upgrade onto next year's roster before I take away 2 Cup runs with Tarasenko. With that said, I would also continue trying to move him in the summer. I'd find a couple deals and then approach him about waiving the NTC. If he does, great. If not, then we can credibly say that we tried, he wants to stay here and we put the story to bed.
It just looks like Vlad is having too much fun and success with Russian linemates, that I have a hard time believing he’d really try to force a trade mid-season. I would think those guys are dreaming of joint Cup parades in Russia rather than a way to blow it up. I haven’t seen him smiling this much or getting testy with the refs….ever. He’s totally engaged.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Hoping Schenn can get a hatty, Perron can net two and ROR can score as well so that the Blues can lay claim to having EI8HT guys in double-digits in goals prior to the halfway point of the season. Even if it doesn't happen in the next game, it's going to happen very soon if the Blues can stay healthy. Krug and Thomas won't be too far behind either.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Hoping Schenn can get a hatty, Perron can net two and ROR can score as well so that the Blues can lay claim to having EI8HT guys in double-digits in goals prior to the halfway point of the season. Even if it doesn't happen in the next game, it's going to happen very soon if the Blues can stay healthy. Krug and Thomas won't be too far behind either.
Honestly, I'm totally fine with us spreading it over 2 games and just calling it "by the halfway mark."

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I still believe in Binnington, but with the way Husso is playing right now, I think we’ve got to give him the majority of the starts for the near future. At least until Binnington can get the ship righted.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I know this is about Fantasy. But the Blues have all three lines in the top 25 lines for the NHL.com Fantasy rankings. We are the only team with our third line ranked in the top 25 and three lines in the top 25.

Also our 2nd line is ranked higher than our 1st line.

HellOnIce

Jun 28, 2007
Hi all - I really wasn't sure where to put this in this forum - but I'm headed to STL next weekend for the WWE and would love to visit a new rink I've not been to before. I see the Jets are in town, and I'm looking to buy two seats. DM me if anyone is giving up.

My Devils forum has a ticket thread, but didn't see similar here - I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad