2021 Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Our left side looks very good. Walsh just needs to figure out the turnovers and he will be so much better of a player.
He looks like a "this kind of defenseman" who has a problems with turnovers.
Okhotiuk play really solid on the boards, good in puck battles, but he should fix his puckmoving skills in shorter floors.

Game looks exactly like njd game. A lot of moments, but they cant capitalize that.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Have had two goals waived off now that would have been goals against us lmfao.
The goalie, Joel Hofer, won gold with Canada at the U20, he’s a Blues top prospect but he’s only played a few AHL games and got lit up in most of them. (The Blues prospects are playing with Vancouver’s AHL team this year).

I had higher hopes considering. Oh well, 20 more minutes.

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
The goalie, Joel Hofer, won gold with Canada at the U20, he’s a Blues top prospect but he’s only played a few AHL games and got lit up in most of them. (The Blues prospects are playing with Vancouver’s AHL team this year).

I had higher hopes considering. Oh well, 20 more minutes.
You just got all the info, thanks for this haha. The mixed rosters must be interesting as far as getting to know guys. Imagine the player you become closest too on your AHL team is someone in a different org.

Reactions: nugg and Tao Jones

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
I was more or less joking about our luck this season haha. More info I didn't know thanks for this.
Yeah sure. It was the right call, but you're right about luck.

I have to assume players on both teams are aware of the relocation rumors/news coverage. Have to imagine that's adding a little to the feistiness tonight.

Reactions: TheDuke93

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Hofer's been the difference through two.
He was a top goalie the WHL, won gold at the U20 and is considered a legit higher end NHL goalie prospect. He’s also only 20 yo, is 1-3-0 and has a .871 SV%.

His one win was at home though and he only had one goal against in that, it was his three away games that were pretty bad, like 16 GA bad.

JohnWillow

May 27, 2015
Wait a minute? It's not a minor penalty in the AHL if the goalie looses stick and his teammates picks up the stick and gives back to goalie?

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Widely regarded by whom? Russia's top defenseman at the WJC and a regular in the KHL as an 18-year-old. While no prospect is 100% guaranteed to reach his potential, all of his progress to this point suggests the future is bright for him.
He did not have a good WJC tournament. And yes he is playing in Russia but he looks very raw from what I've seen.

He was seen as a significant reach when we took him and I haven't really read anything to indicate that his stock is up.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
He did not have a good WJC tournament. And yes he is playing in Russia but he looks very raw from what I've seen.

He was seen as a significant reach when we took him and I haven't really read anything to indicate that his stock is up.

I watched all of the Russia WJC games to watch him and Gritsyuk. I would say he was uneven but pretty good overall. He played a lot of minutes and at times was used as their matchup defender. At times he made awkward plays and had some poor decisions but he also played very well in spots for a kid in his first WJC often playing against older players. He looked better than Soderstrom to my eyes and did not at all look out of place against the best players in the world in his age group. He was also playing an unusual system that Russia installed in limited practices that the entire team ran hit and cold with. Just my observation.

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ

He was putting up one of the best 18yr old defensemen season in KHL history before he got hurt and was certainly going to break the record. I personally thought his play has looked good we can agree to disagree.

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
I watched all of the Russia WJC games to watch him and Gritsyuk. I would say he was uneven but pretty good overall. He played a lot of minutes and at times was used as their matchup defender. At times he made awkward plays and had some poor decisions but he also played very well in spots for a kid in his first WJC often playing against older players. He looked better than Soderstrom to my eyes and did not at all look out of place against the best players in the world in his age group. He was also playing an unusual system that Russia installed in limited practices that the entire team ran hit and cold with. Just my observation.
Agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad