2021 Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
He’s still too boom or bust to be a blue chip prospect.

Going by his comments and those from his coach, he sounds very coachable, very driven to better and make the nhl, and a hard worker. (If anything it’s sounds likes he might be too hard on himself which might be the cause of frustration or overthinking things when struggling.)

Learning all that about him made more optimistic, and he certainly doesn’t deserve the derision that came from some people because one dude at web site decided he was worst thing ever in game in Juniors tournament in Dec ‘19 or whatever.

I won’t lie, it would very satisfying if this kid succeeded just so his weirdo critics could be constantly reminded of what they said about him in 2020.
I don't think he will ever be considered a blue chip prospect because most analysists have too much pride and aren't willing to admit they were wrong. Especially, and no offense to anyone that does this, but guys are self proclaimed experts. They never will admit such because its off brand and diminishes their product. Happens all the time in NFL analysis too.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I don't think he will ever be considered a blue chip prospect because most analysists have too much pride and aren't willing to admit they were wrong. Especially, and no offense to anyone that does this, but guys are self proclaimed experts. They never will admit such because its off brand and diminishes their product. Happens all the time in NFL analysis too.
I don’t think he’s earned it the blue chip label yet, he literally is still a little boom or busty. That’s why I wasn’t a huge fan of the pick, I’m by nature cautious and there were a lot prospects with way better odds. I do know why Fitz made the pick, that was the player he wanted and he couldn’t trade down. Sometimes a GM just has to use the pick he has.

He’s a likable prospect though, and I will always point this out about all these kids, he’s a real live human. Not just walking prospect odds and scouting reports. I really do like our team/scouts emphasis on character, it can pay off at times and his coach really raved about this kid and how crazy hard he works. Muk got as much praise from his coach as Mercer did from his which is really saying something. Say what you will about the 2020 draft, I think we learned that Fitz leans very hard into character. Not that Shero didn’t but don’t get your hopes up for any early picks (or many picks at all) with character questions.

I think Muk’s stock will likely rise next year. I don’t know how high but the mythology that he was a guaranteed big dumb moron bust has already mostly died. Granted that theory had required a moron teenager to play at the highest professional level in Russia but whatever. I agree that he won’t be a blue chip prospect for awhile but it doesn’t bother me as much as adult “pro scouts” mocking a teenager on social media and defending it as “meme”. Again, this kid turning into a stud would be so rewarding on multiple levels.

Reactions: HBK27 and TheDuke93

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
I don’t think he’s earned it the blue chip label yet, he literally is still a little boom or busty. That’s why I wasn’t a huge fan of the pick, I’m by nature cautious and there were a lot prospects with way better odds. I do know why Fitz made the pick, that was the player he wanted and he couldn’t trade down. Sometimes a GM just has to use the pick he has.

He’s a likable prospect though, and I will always point this out about all these kids, he’s a real live human. Not just walking prospect odds and scouting reports. I really do like our team/scouts emphasis on character, it can pay off at times and his coach really raved about this kid and how crazy hard he works. Muk got as much praise from his coach as Mercer did from his which is really saying something. Say what you will about the 2020 draft, I think we learned that Fitz leans very hard into character. Not that Shero didn’t but don’t get your hopes up for any early picks (or many picks at all) with character questions.

I think Muk’s stock will likely rise next year. I don’t know how high but the mythology that he was a guaranteed big dumb moron bust has already mostly died. Granted that theory had required a moron teenager to play at the highest professional level in Russia but whatever. I agree that he won’t be a blue chip prospect for awhile but it doesn’t bother me as much as adult “pro scouts” mocking a teenager on social media and defending it as “meme”. Again, this kid turning into a stud would be so rewarding on multiple levels.
High character prospects has been a trait we have target drafted for years now. IIRC and I might be off by a few here but we have drafted 15 players that have been a captain or assistant at either their club lever or on their international team going back to 2015.

My thought process is this. With Mukhamadullin in particular he has every single tool I want in a great defensemen. He also as you said is considered a high character guy and works his ass off. I know there is no such thing as a can't miss prospect but I really whole heartedly can not see him not making the NHL at the very least. On top of this in regards to draft writers and such, if he was taken in the 2nd round at pick 32 I guarantee most would be lauding this as a great pick after what he has done this year. The initial shock of them considering him a reach I just think is too much for them to overcome.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Carl Annese is chairman of the Upper Mohawk Valley Memorial Auditorium Authority, which oversees Utica’s downtown arena where the Comets play. He is aware of the recent talk surrounding the affiliation situation.

Annese said the Aud Authority had not been notified of any possible change to the affiliation as of Tuesday afternoon. He noted there are inquires each year from teams about the possibility of playing in Utica.

“Right now I don’t have reasoning that it is not going to be Vancouver (as affiliate next season),” said Annese, who acknowledged that’s not to say there aren’t talks happening. “Talk is cheap. Right now, there is no offers on the table.”

---

Any relocation has to be approved by the AHL Board of Governors. The next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, May 6, according to reports.

“There’s nothing that has been declared,” Annese said. “Everybody has to wait until the Board of Governors of the AHL meet to say if any of this is true.”

Utica Comets affiliation change would have to be approved by AHL Board

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
The left side is loaded. Glad to see Okhotyuk back but what is with the spelling of his name? Middle six will be of great inetrest.

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
We have a 4min powerplay and get maybe 3 good looks. I really hate our formation without someone down low for jam plays if we don't have a solid one timer look.

Reactions: Tao Jones

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
Outplayed Utica most of the game. 12-3 chance but we had 3 PP to their 0. 5v5 I felt we were better too. Our PP is very prone to giving up SH chance though, that is concerning lol.

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
That's probably the end of Martel's season.
You are probably right about that. I don't think anything happened to his face or head but had sticks and skates kicking and slapping near his face with no helmet on, I just really don't know how you don't blow the play dead there. Hope he it's nothing to serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad