NFL GDT: 2021 AFC Wild Card Round: (6) Cleveland Browns @ (3) Pittsburgh Steelers - CLE wins 48-37

Who will win

• Total voters

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I want the Browns to win but I just can't see it. They barely beat PIT today with a bunch of key PIT starters resting.

I also believe they have like 1 win at Heinz Field in the history of that stadium, which opened in 2001.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Browns are Browns at all. More talented roster but I don't see upset here.

Steelers 27, Browns 17

Sep 19, 2008
I want the Browns to win but I just can't see it. They barely beat PIT today with a bunch of key PIT starters resting.

I also believe they have like 1 win at Heinz Field in the history of that stadium, which opened in 2001.
The last Browns playoff game was actually in Heinz Field. Cleveland blew a 17 point lead.

One of the first playoff games I saw on TV. :laugh:

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The big question mark is whether the Browns can have any actual game prep this week. Their inability to practice and losing guys to covid showed at times against the Steelers today. A solid week of actual practice will mean a lot.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Pitt 4 point favorites right now.

I think the old adage is a FG for home field, but probably half that with near empty stadiums.

Spread makes sense. Steelers pasted the Browns early in the year, and the Browns barely held on today against the Steelers without their starting QB, two starting OL, their best DL, and their best LB.

That said, I'm a Steelers fan who could see this going either way, because both teams have schizo players at QB and suspect offensive lines, not to mention defenses that are really susceptible (the Browns to the pass, even with Ward, and the Steelers to the run and even the pass if a QB is consistently accurate).

VernonForrest

Feb 20, 2003
San Diego
That said, I'm a Steelers fan who could see this going either way, because both teams have schizo players at QB and suspect offensive lines, not to mention defenses that are really susceptible (the Browns to the pass, even with Ward, and the Steelers to the run and even the pass if a QB is consistently accurate).
Browns oline is much improved and has been killing it this year when healthy. Bakers been sacked 26 times but that’s because of his style and how easy he is to bring down. Ben was sacked what 13 times this year? You don’t have a good oline?

Sep 19, 2008
Kelly Holcomb/Tommy Maddox duel ,, That was fun game to watch

Holcomb 26-43 for 429 yds with 3 TD's and 1 INT

vs

Maddox 30-48 for 367 yds with 3 TD's and 2 INT
IT was one of the most weirdest days of football. The 4 pm game that day was Giants Niners with another huge comeback.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad