NFL GDT: 2021 AFC Wild Card Game: (4) Cincinnati Bengals vs (5) Las Vegas Raiders - CIN wins 26-19

CIN vs LV

• Total voters

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
People will talk about the whistle that should’ve negated a touchdown, but Peyton Barber costing them 38 yards really harmed them.

Also dump Leatherwood. Dude is straight up worthless.

Congrats to the Bengals and their fans. I’ve been fond of them since their Carson Palmer days.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
People will talk about the whistle that should’ve negated a touchdown, but Peyton Barber costing them 38 yards really harmed them.

Also dump Leatherwood. Dude is straight up worthless.

Congrats to the Bengals and their fans. I’ve been fond of them since their Carson Palmer days.

Leatherwood had how many penalties called on him tonight? Useless

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Congrats to the Bengals and their fans. A long time coming. Well deserved

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I actually cried. Like a baby. For several minutes.

I'm old enough to remember Super Bowl XXIII in lurid detail (I started being a fan around 1987, when I was very young) but I legitimately started to cry at the end of this game and couldn't stop for a couple minutes. I don't expect anyone to understand, and if you want to make fun of me have at it because I honestly don't care. But at that moment, 30+ years of a fate worse than hell (namely, being a fan of the Bengals), came flooding out all at once. All the emotions, all of everything. It was like a series of flashbacks, almost like a football version of PTSD. Decades of football pain just poured out, uncontrollably.

I am positively glowing right now...and I don't f***ing glow for shit. Thank you, all of you, for the well-wishes and support.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I actually cried. Like a baby. For several minutes.

I'm old enough to remember Super Bowl XXIII in lurid detail (I started being a fan around 1987, when I was very young) but I legitimately started to cry at the end of this game and couldn't stop for a couple minutes. I don't expect anyone to understand, and if you want to make fun of me have at it because I honestly don't care. But at that moment, 30+ years of a fate worse than hell (namely, being a fan of the Bengals), came flooding out all at once. All the emotions, all of everything. It was like a series of flashbacks, almost like a football version of PTSD. Decades of football pain just poured out, uncontrollably.

I am positively glowing right now...and I don't f***ing glow for shit. Thank you, all of you, for the well-wishes and support.

Enjoy friend

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Seems really stupid that it's not a reviewable situation. Also I'm assuming with the number of TV cameras on a playoff game it shouldn't be hard to figure out which official put his whistle in his mouth.
Doesn’t fall under the category of what is reviewable.

sucks that it doesn’t since replay would have called the play dead and replayed the down.

it would be 3rd and 4 again. Who knows what happens. Bengals were up 13-6 at the time. If they get the first down they could drain the clock down. Raiders had 3 shots to get the ball into the end zone from around the 10 with 26 seconds to go and didn’t get it done.

their warts all year reared their ugly head.
1) OLine penalties
2) Red Zone offence
3) today, they took a long time getting the play on and lining up. More than a few times Carr was telling someone the play with 5 seconds to go on the play clock.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad