NFL GDT: 2021 AFC Wild Card Game: (4) Cincinnati Bengals vs (5) Las Vegas Raiders - CIN wins 26-19

CIN vs LV

• Total voters

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Everything points to the Bengals. Raiders played a late Sunday OT game that was EXHAUSTING, they have to fly 3-4 hours on a short week and deal with going from balmy Vegas to probably winter-like Cincy weather. Meanwhile, most of the Bengals key players were sitting and relaxing on Sunday.

But it's the Bengals in the playoffs in the time of COVID so who knows.

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Something to think about. I don’t think the Raiders will win this game but a lot of factors that get to other teams don’t get to them.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Raiders deserved to win last night and I'm happy they did. f*** you, Spanos.

I expect to get the Raiders' best, given that it's elimination football and we beat them earlier in the year. We at least have a shot, which is all you can ask for. I never expected us to be anything other than #4 in the division this year so hosting a playoff game against the only AFC WC team that I don't absolutely despise is a pretty great outcome.

This could go either way because both teams have been maddingly inconsistent this year and our home field advantage is borderline nonexistent. Literally no one should trust the Bengals in the playoffs until proven otherwise. The only thing I am confident in is that there's probably going to be plenty of points scored in this one.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Bengals.. the Raiders couldn't stop Herbert with one receiver (Allen was awful).. doubt they'll be able to handle the Bengals offense with Chase plus.

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink
Raiders deserved to win last night and I'm happy they did. f*** you, Spanos.

I expect to get the Raiders' best, given that it's elimination football and we beat them earlier in the year. We at least have a shot, which is all you can ask for. I never expected us to be anything other than #4 in the division this year so hosting a playoff game against the only AFC WC team that I don't absolutely despise is a pretty great outcome.

This could go either way because both teams have been maddingly inconsistent this year and our home field advantage is borderline nonexistent. Literally no one should trust the Bengals in the playoffs until proven otherwise. The only thing I am confident in is that there's probably going to be plenty of points scored in this one.
i would love to see burrow and bengals win but sorry i have to go with the vegas maxx crosbys, its not often us eastern michigan grads get a big time player

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Everything points to the Bengals. Raiders played a late Sunday OT game that was EXHAUSTING, they have to fly 3-4 hours on a short week and deal with going from balmy Vegas to probably winter-like Cincy weather. Meanwhile, most of the Bengals key players were sitting and relaxing on Sunday.

But it's the Bengals in the playoffs in the time of COVID so who knows.

Thats all true but I think the weather actually favors the way the Raiders play. I think Cincy wins but Raiders cover

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Thats all true but I think the weather actually favors the way the Raiders play. I think Cincy wins but Raiders cover
All AFC home teams, weather can play a factor.
Ten, KC, Buf for sure, Cincy.

have to be able to run the ball and not rely just on the pass.

NFC it’s just GB where weather will be a factor unless it rains in TB.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Raiders defensive line gonna have a big game if they can control the line of scrimmage.

If the Raiders have to rely on blitzing and try to dink-and-dunk their way through the game on offense, I think they're going to struggle. If they can generate pressure with just the DL and take appropriate shots down the field when necessary I think they take this one.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If the Raiders have to rely on blitzing and try to dink-and-dunk their way through the game on offense, I think they're going to struggle. If they can generate pressure with just the DL and take appropriate shots down the field when necessary I think they take this one.
Raiders need to be able to run the ball. Not sure what the early forecast is weather wise but the raiders regardless need a run game.
Didn’t see it in yesterday’s game but Carr needs a deep shot to Jackson if he gets him one on one.

goes without saying that their red zone O needs to be better. Can’t settle for FG when you have first and goal from the 4 or start inside the opposition 20.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Bungles should win but I'll root for the Raiders.

They have had so many issues yet have still pulled it together.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Bengals should by all accounts win this buuuuut.... I'm taking the Raiders.

Until Cincy proves otherwise I'm never taking them in a playoff game. Yes I know this is an all new ,exciting ,and hungry team but sorry Bengals fans , you guys are cursed in the playoffs..

P.s. I still miiiight be a little bitter about the 2015 playoff game. Screw you Burfict and that idiot running back who fumbled the ball!

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm taking Cincy. As our resident Bengal fan said, you can't trust them and are pretty inconsistent.

BUT

When teams that are inconsistent meet, it generally becomes a question of who can explode harder. Cincy's offense definitely has more big play ability with Burrow, Mixon and Chase. Don't trust Carr to win the game with his arm and that's almost guaranteed this is what it comes down to.

I take the Bengals in a shotoout. Vegas hangs in there throughout the half and then Carr turns the ball over and they proceed to get boatraced.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Raiders are traveling to the East coast and playing 6 days after a grueling game that went the distance. Bengals should win.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Feels like game that ends up an upset

Got Raiders winning especially since everyone is counting them out

I think the way season ended could be momentum builder for Raiders into WC round

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Raiders are traveling to the East coast and playing 6 days after a grueling game that went the distance. Bengals should win.
Raiders traveled East this year to play Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Indy, Dallas, NYG. Won 4/5. Lost to the worst team of that group though that wa the game after the Ruggs car accident

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Raiders traveled East this year to play Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Indy, Dallas, NYG. Won 4/5. Lost to the worst team of that group though that wa the game after the Ruggs car accident

Yeah but those games weren't coming off a short week and having to play to the literal last second to punch their ticket in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad