2021 - 6 in 5 Lounge

Will the Panthers reach the 67 point mark aka playoffs?

• Hell yes, 70+ points

• Yes, right around 66-70pts

• No, just below with 60-66pts

• Hell no, in the 50-60pt range

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Another year, another 6 in 5 Lounge thread, shoutout to poster Adam Graves, not sure if he still posts here but he created it back in the day and keeping the tradition alive.

This is a chill thread to keep things in perspective and avoid the emotional up and down waves that GDT's bring.
With a 56 game schedule, there aren't many points to throw away this year.
One would assume it takes around 60% of a possible 112 points to secure a wildcard berth in the East.
In saying that, 67 points should be the break point but 70pts should be the goal imo.

This chart took me a couple hours to freshen up, hopefully it fits well on mobile and pops visually.
Let me know if you see any issues with it.
I CHANGED BACKGROUND COLOR FROM FAINT GOLD/YELLOW TO LIGHT BLUE/GREY, DIDN'T LIKE HOW IT LOOKED ON MOBILE, CAN EVERYONE LET ME KNOW WHICH ONE THEY PREFER?
THE ORIGINAL FAINT GOLD/YELLOW BACKGROUND IS STILL ATTACHED AT BOTTOM OF THREAD

Enjoy the lounge and feel free to stop by and share your thoughts or predictions on each 5 game chunk.
:cheers:-Cheers!-:cheers:

2021 6 in 5 thread.png

*CLICK PICTURE TO ENLARGE*

GAME TIMES

ADDITIONAL INFO:

YES, THE 56TH GAME (@ TBL) IS NOT PICTURED, WE SHOULD KNOW BY THEN IF WE WILL MAKE IT OR NOT.

*Red border around opponent means home games*
*We have 7 back to backs, marked with a B in game score row*

*Longest homestand is 6 games from Feb 4 to 13th*
*We have two 6 game road trips, one early and one late in the year*

KEY DATES:

Opt-out deadline: December 24 for non-playoff teams, December 27 for everyone else
Regular season start: January 13
RFA signing deadline (the usual December 1 one): February 11
Players on one-year deals may sign extensions: March 12
Regular season end: May 8
Trade deadline: April 12
Playoffs over: July 15 at the latest
Protected lists due for the expansion draft on: July 17

Expansion draft: July 21
Entry Draft: July 23-24
Free agency begins: July 28

Attachments

• 2021 6 in 5 thread.png
    2021 6 in 5 thread.png
    628.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Awesome. Looks good on my mobile, and really like the background better. Thanks for doing this!

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Not too sure, think it predates my sign up date in 2013, been running it for the last 3-4 years or so.
Hard to check since older threads are deleted or not accessible? @SoupyFIN may know better.
Wow: I never realized that they deleted those threads: there goes my old account from my Atlanta days/Florida fan draft days

Bit of a melancholic day: an old social media guy for the Thrashers has a great tweet fest about his experience and I learned how all the players who I admired when a kid/teen didn’t want to be there :(

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Wow: I never realized that they deleted those threads: there goes my old account from my Atlanta days/Florida fan draft days

Bit of a melancholic day: an old social media guy for the Thrashers has a great tweet fest about his experience and I learned how all the players who I admired when a kid/teen didn’t want to be there :(

Oh, I could have sworn you've been here for longer.

@violaswallet
Didn't know you were a Thrashers fan?
You love pain then.

Went down the 6 in 5 rabbit hole and it seems the original thread started around 2010 or 2011.
AG posted in one of them being the 5th annual and think that was the 2015-16 year.
That's as far as I can go back is that one it seems. Some threads didn't make it when they switched servers/domains I think.

Man that was a fun ride reading some of those comments, during the 12 game streak and as we got into the playoffs with 103pts.
Seems like forever ago.
Maybe Weegs is growing the mullet to power us back there, like Jagr did.

@Dread Clawz, it'll be 8 years for me shortly. Can't believe some of you have been here nearly 20 years and still have your sanity :sarcasm:

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
@violaswallet
You love pain then.

Went down the 6 in 5 rabbit hole and it seems the original thread started around 2010 or 2011.
AG posted in one of them being the 5th annual and think that was the 2015-16 year.

Man that was a fun ride reading some of those comments, during the 1w game streak and as we got into the playoffs with 103pts.
Seems like forever ago.

@Dread Clawz, it'll be 8 years for me shortly. Can't believe some of you have been here nearly 20 years and still have your sanity :sarcasm:

Who says we still have our sanity?:pcheer: :confused::naughty:

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Not too sure, think it predates my sign up date in 2013, been running it for the last 3-4 years or so.
Hard to check since older threads are deleted or not accessible? @SoupyFIN may know better.
Graves did it for the 2012 run and since then it's been an on/off thing depending how the team is doing. The previous two years when I was lurking, I don't recall seeing it (team finished at the bottom of the standings both years though), so that might be the origin story. :dunno:

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Yes, it has been going on for quite some time!

AG started it, and quite the background story of how it started. Something to do with the 94 Rangers (now I feel old) the system Mike Keenan implemented. It's pretty smart actually.

@CHGoalie27 , are you still in contact with AG?

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
@violaswallet
You love pain then.

That's as far as I can go back is that one it seems. Some threads didn't make it when they switched servers/domains I think.

Man that was a fun ride reading some of those comments, during the 12 game streak and as we got into the playoffs with 103pts.
Seems like forever ago.

Yep: I went from mismanaged mess to a less mismanaged mess. Tallon’s decade reign was vastly more successful than Waddell’s though (and he Waddell was gifted four top two pick to start!); the Viola and Cifu syndicates are exceptional owners that actually care about the team (unlike ASG)

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I just read an article on the athletic wrote by wrote by Harman. He is stating all his top bets this year for over/under points.
One of his top bets this year is the Florida Panthers under 63.5 points.
He really just States they've lost Two players in Daddy and Hoff and how will they replace him?

I wish I got paid money to write articles out of thin air.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
A week tonight it all starts, looking forward to a mysterious year ahead with everyone on here and these new look Panthers

The best way to really gauge if you are still in it. The 6 in 5 almost always holds true.

Regardless of the management and ownership situations. Cheers to another season boys!

Cheers to the new avatar, fully aboard the Bills Mafia train. May even lay a wager on them to win it all.
I share same last name with your QB, he's my brother from another mother

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
A week tonight it all starts, looking forward to a mysterious year ahead with everyone on here and these new look Panthers

Cheers to the new avatar, fully aboard the Bills Mafia train. May even lay a wager on them to win it all.
Cant be worse than last season, riiight?

All my teams have won recently (Raptors), or are on the rise (Bills, Blue Jays) I feel its time that the Panthers put it together for real.

Zito, make me believe.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Cant be worse than last season, riiight?

All my teams have won recently (Raptors), or are on the rise (Bills, Blue Jays) I feel its time that the Panthers put it together for real.

Zito, make me believe.

Love the general toughness added and the team attitude Zito has created, along with the internal competition for roles which should push guys.
Calling it now, Tippett and Swaggy Verhaeghe are going to be noticeable out there and provide some good offense.

Ya we share all the same teams other than NFL but always had a soft spot for Bills behind my 49ers.
Been to 5-6 games over the last decade, may hit up a couple more in the future with their window wide open now.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA

@Chaos2k7 i may have said this here before but every time I've gone to Disney, Buffalo is the most represented sports city. I see more bills and sabres hats and shirts than any other city. Have to respect that, can't accuse them of fair weather fandom. Missing the football draft and landing Josh stuck me in this bandwagon early on, and since the Eagles screwed me out of another Tom Brady upset- GO BILLS!!!

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
Yep: I went from mismanaged mess to a less mismanaged mess. Tallon’s decade reign was vastly more successful than Waddell’s though (and he Waddell was gifted four top two pick to start!); the Viola and Cifu syndicates are exceptional owners that actually care about the team (unlike ASG)

I feel your pain. Grew up in south Florida and then moved to outside of Atlanta. Panthers and Thrashers fan. Maybe it’s me?

Reactions: violaswallet

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The Panthers have won 3 straight to start the year for first time ever, what a time to be alive :laugh:
Just writing big highlights here for the year.

Again I ask, who's been better? Horny has 4 goals and 5 pts already or Swaggy having 3 goals and 5 pts?

2021 6 in 5 thread.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Jean Luc Discard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad