2021 - 6 in 5 Lounge

Will the Panthers reach the 67 point mark aka playoffs?

• Hell yes, 70+ points

• Yes, right around 66-70pts

• No, just below with 60-66pts

• Hell no, in the 50-60pt range

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
100pt pace, first 5 game set done, just in a weird order.

Lots of purple, need more green but good to have these type of games to get a feel for playoff type hockey

Duke has had some incredible assists, happy for Hepo's first be a GWG in OT

2021 6 in 5 thread.png

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I think we should name this the 6-4 thread

The schedule is so messed up that I can't really update the 5 game chunks but if my math is correct, we are on a 98pt pace when 70-72 will do.

Tippett nets his first assist, had a couple hits, looked more engaged.
Juulsen had a solid game for being off for months.
Barkov is on a different level, sniffing that 96pt year level again

2021 6 in 5 thread.png

Last edited:

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
4 extra points in the bank which may help against these next 3 games vs TB, we did give away 2 pts already but with 10 games down, we need 54 points in the final 46 games to hit 70pts.

Hoping for at least 3 points in the 3 games vs TB :crossfing

Bob's best game vs DET tonight.

View attachment 394590
3 points is minimum, 4+ is gravy (especially when you play another set against Detroit after.)

IceKitties

Dec 31, 2017
Florida
Glad to have half our Detroit games out of the way, they always seem to give us a bit of trouble. Plus Greiss must hate the Panthers or something because he always plays out of his mind against us. I know Detroit is a bad roster overall, but I get 2016 playoff flashbacks when I see Greiss in net :help:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
1/4 point mark:

22 pts in 14 games (10-2-2) - a win in CBJ, 2 of 3 wins vs TB, one in TB, one in CAR
Exorcising those road arena demons. We are 5-0-1 on the road.

70pt benchmark, we now need 48pts in 42 games (84pts), or simply keep a 60% points percentage from here on out.
Just keep collecting 6pts in 5 games and we in.

Who you been most impressed with so far? Top 3?
4th-5th was our target predicition in this division, why not top 2 or 3?

Reactions: harv33173

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
so set 1: 7/4; set 2: 7/4, set 3: 4/4 (fail) and set 4 currently: 4/2 (ongoing)

We are keeping pace!

Ya unfortunately the sets and points/pace will be jumbled all over the place because of postponed games.
If I get enough courage this weekend, may adjust the sets so it matches up with how the games have been played but worried we may have more postponed games down the road.

About to finish our 3rd 5 game set so if we can win, we will have 8pts in the bank above the 6 in 5 pace.
That's huge for later in the year or even later this month.

Just need to keep a 60% point percentage which is the 6 in 5 pace and we will be around 70pts but why not reach for 75pts now?

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Ya unfortunately the sets and points/pace will be jumbled all over the place because of postponed games.
If I get enough courage this weekend, may adjust the sets so it matches up with how the games have been played but worried we may have more postponed games down the road.

About to finish our 3rd 5 game set so if we can win, we will have 8pts in the bank above the 6 in 5 pace.
That's huge for later in the year or even later this month.

Just need to keep a 60% point percentage which is the 6 in 5 pace and we will be around 70pts but why not reach for 75pts now?
No no: I meant my 6 in 4 sets that I proposed. We are on pace haha

given the higher number of Ot games we might need to adjsut upwards sadly from 6:5. It looks okay now but Chicago and Dallas are close to 6:5

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I want you to do quality work ;) Tis not the quantity that we are judged in the entrepreneurial America ;)
In all seriousness I can write code for this; we just need to figure out what to predict.

I was thinking we could estimate the current fifth and four pace teams, average it and up it by a a couple points!

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
In all seriousness I can write code for this; we just need to figure out what to predict.

I was thinking we could estimate the current fifth and four pace teams, average it and up it by a a couple points!

Show me what you mean Neo, show me your matrix.
Or mock up a design here?
Still think we should keep it 6 in 5 though for traditional purposes

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Show me what you mean Neo, show me your matrix.
Or mock up a design here?
Still think we should keep it 6 in 5 though for traditional purposes
Sure: I considered a couple of data transformations for points per game pace: median, mean, fourth and fifth place.

only the fourth place pace is above 6 pts/5 games, but we adjust upwards by two times the standard error to be quite conservative our target is actually like 6.26 points. Now I don’t know if that’s reasonable but I do think it makes sense to be conservative

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Sure: I considered a couple of data transformations for points per game pace: median, mean, fourth and fifth place.

only the fourth place pace is above 6 pts/5 games, but we adjust upwards by two times the standard error to be quite conservative our target is actually like 6.26 points. Now I don’t know if that’s reasonable but I do think it makes sense to be conservative

Ok. Just sketch or mock up a design (how many other columns/rows we need) to incorporate the new data and I'm open to adding more info for the analytics nerds :thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad