Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
2023 1st + Barron for Gourde
2024 1st + Kaut/Ranta/Bowers/JTC/other picks for Crouse

Yeah I was thinking as well that I guess if they pulled a Florida they could do it.

But I don't think Joe is willing to completely sell the future like that.

Personally I'd do it. You're getting two guys that help for likely the next 3 runs anyway.

Reactions: Richard88

Richard Doll

Feb 18, 2020
Saint Albans, Vermont
Sakic should probably be scouring the market for forwards with term because there aren't really any rentals that look super appealing. Avs do need a 3C though, rather desperately, and Copp probably costs a 1st or even 1st+ so would be understandable. Ideally there would be something coming else back with Copp if that's the trade.

Top 6 rentals:

* Copp
* Forsberg?
* Rakell
* Kessel
* Domi

Top 6 with term:

* Garland/Boeser
* Kubalik
* Dvorak?

Bottom 6 rentals:

* Nick Paul
* Motte
* Namestnikov
* Clutterbuck
* Parise
* Blackwell
* Carpenter

Bottom 6 with term:

* Lehkonen
* Crouse
* Texier?
* Appleton
* Kapanen?
I would be fine with Garland, if we could keep Nate from beating his head in with his own helmet.

Young right-handed skilled forward with term.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
If we still have our 2023 1st rounder on Tuesday, Sakic will have failed miserably. That pick means nothing to us and our current window. That picks gotta go!
I mostly agree. That pick likely has little value for where things are. Is a 29th pick better than a Lehkonen/Crouse? Obviously not. But its the "plus" that's the issue.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Neither are worth it and ‘23 is a deep draft. Rather use the 1st on players with similar or higher value who are under contract or under control RFAs
I prefer players with term too, but Copp is a solid player. I wouldn’t have an issue giving up a 1st + mid prospect for him.

Deadline prices are always high. It is what it is.

Personally, I prefer Lekhonen (or previously Hagel), but I suspect the Avs are looking at Copp because he could slide into the 3C position.

When it comes to the 2023 1st… I could care less about keeping it. All contending teams are dumping 1sts. If they need to include it to improve the depth of the roster, I’m perfectly fine with it.

Reactions: AvStock

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
I would be fine with Garland, if we could keep Nate from beating his head in with his own helmet.

Young right-handed skilled forward with term.
I was down for Garland but on a DNVR podcast they insinuated that MacKinnon and Garland hate each other’s guts and it stems back to their junior days. Would explain the helmet toss.

Reactions: The Moops

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Lekhonen > Crouse IMO. He’s a play driver like Nuke. I would pay a lot for him and sign him too. What are you all seeing in Crouse that I’m missing? I know he’s big but he’s not that physical

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Seravalli said a few weeks ago the asking price on Crouse is a 1st and roster player. Then yesterday he said there is more talk around Crouse in the last week.

Does a 1st + Kaut get it done?

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Seravalli said a few weeks ago the asking price on Crouse is a 1st and roster player. Then yesterday he said there is more talk around Crouse in the last week.

I doubt it. A roster player is one level above a prospect, and a prospect is one level above Kaut

Reactions: The Moops

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Domi wouldn't fill that 3C need. I have a sneaky suspicion that Sakic could be working on Lehkonen + Dvorak. Both are players the Avs have had interest in before and they always get their guy. 1st + Barron + JTC probably gets that done and gives you a great 3rd line. Both Lehkonen and Dvorak have term too so that boxes off a couple of middle 6 spots for the offseason too.

Landeskog -- Mackinnon -- Rantanen
Nichuskin ------ Kadri ----- Burakovsky
Newhook ------ Dvorak ---- Lehkonen
Helm ----------- Sturm ---- O'Connor

That's a cup-calibre forward group.
This is where all these posts lose me. Yeah that's a little better than the current team, but hardly needle moving. Same with all the tears shed over Giroux. Yeah improve the team if you can for the right price but when are some people just going to take a deep breath and say you know we got a shot with what we have? Envying someone else's toys is ridiculous, there are no game changers being moved right now. There are parts moving, some might fit and others will be a waste.

Reactions: Frobbo

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
If we still have our 2023 1st rounder on Tuesday, Sakic will have failed miserably. That pick means nothing to us and our current window. That picks gotta go!

I dont think that's the right way of looking at it at all.

Because if Joe can go get say Copp, or Lehkonen, without giving up a 1st... I dont think that's a failure at all.

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan

Maybe 1st + Compher. AZ needs players to play at their campus stadium next year and need to hit cap floor.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Lekhonen > Crouse IMO. He’s a play driver like Nuke. I would pay a lot for him and sign him too. What are you all seeing in Crouse that I’m missing? I know he’s big but he’s not that physical
Oh he hits and he hits hard and often. Hes a power forward. I also like Lehkonen. Little guy but heart of a lion.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
1647740962905.png

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
He is very physical. He hits and he hits hard. He’s also a good hockey player. Intelligent. Strong defensively. Good PK’er. Not to mention on pace for 26 goals.

Oh he hits and he hits hard and often. Hes a power forward. I also like Lehkonen. Little guy but heart of a lion.

I don’t know, whenever we play AZ I never come away super impressed and definitely not intimidated. I was wrong about Sam Bennett though so maybe I’m wrong here too

Reactions: The Kingslayer

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
I dont think that's the right way of looking at it at all.

Because if Joe can go get say Copp, or Lehkonen, without giving up a 1st... I dont think that's a failure at all.

Understandble, but looking at how the market has played out so far, I think we would be kidding ourselves if Lehkonen or Copp don't go for at least a 1st rounder and likely more. The closer we get to the deadline it'll only get worse with trade negotiations.

I also value our top prospects (OO, Barron) over the pick. So I'd be more happy to see that pick go then those other guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad