Rumor: 2021-22 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Part 12: Enjoy Sunrise, Claude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Carried? I thought good lines are often having complementary skills? It's not really fair to compair Newhook on the third line with guys who have no finish and then say he's carried vs saying he's weighted down by his current linemates?
I never said anything about his current teammates. I'm making an evaluation based on what I think his skill set is, and I don't see him ending up as a Center in the NHL. Nothing to do with his linesmates. I think his production and general play this year has been fine.

Reactions: henchman21

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I never said anything about his current teammates. I'm making an evaluation based on what I think his skill set is, and I don't see him ending up as a Center in the NHL. Nothing to do with his linesmates.
Yup... I simply don't see him being a long-term center. Given that Sturm immediately has pushed him to the wing, signals to me the Avs may feel the same...

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I agree about the value of the ELC, but barron is a couple years away, newhook is not that effective, Byram... If I knew he could stay healthy I would agree with him being untouchable, but if someone wants to pay a premium price to gamble on his health feel free. To me we have to win in the very short term and if that means moving top prospects I'm in.

I'm not super-crazy about Barron as a prospect so I'd happily throw him in to any deal that makes the Avs better.

Behrens and Olausson are the two best prospects the Avs have (I think Byram and Newhook have graduated already). Deal them, sure, but I'm not on board with them getting flipped for a rental who could leave at season's end. If you're gonna deal those guys--or Byram/Newhook--them please get someone with term who helps both short- and long-term.

I guess we'll see. If Sakic doesn't get anyone to bolster the forward depth, I'll be extremely disappointed. But I'm happy he at least addressed a huge need on defense.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
"Avs and Panthers both say f*** it, trade is Kaut for Tippett"
larry-david-unsure.gif

NMAvsman

Jan 28, 2007
JT Compher + ? (mid-low pick) for Stastny .........Paul and Clutterbuck for picks/prospects. Why would Jets do this? player that has term.....we get better player for cup run and salary dump for next year....yep I'm not being realistic.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Sakic won't be able to add a two-way forward like Giroux, so he'll add all offense (Domi) and all defense (Paul) in two trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad