Rumor: 2021-22 Trade Rumors and FA Part V: To Giroux or not to Giroux

Status
Not open for further replies.

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
If the Avs actually do get Giroux I’d bet he sticks around. The Avs just happen to have a few spots opening up this summer.

This is a good point. If Giroux stays you just re-sign Nuke, Kuemper, Francouz and can let Burky and Kadri walk.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
26. Ken Holland Head Space

Ken Holland's Head Space.

john-travolta-lost.gif

Reactions: Peter Peckerwood

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I’ve been excited about Giroux for a while now but everyone talking about it is making me pessimistic. Avs usually move in stealth mode when making moves. Although, Kuemper was anything but stealth so who knows.

MAF would be cool as a back up if they can make it work. I think he’s going to go much cheaper than people seem to think. I don’t even know if he’s good anymore.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
That Fleury rumour doesn’t make any sense to me.

Kuemper’s play has stabilized and Francouz has been great. If they can sneak a 3rd goalie onto the Eagles that would be great, but I think there’s better ways to improve the roster than MAF.

On another note, keep in mind Compher pretty much has to go to Phili in these Giroux deals to make the cap work.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I think he ends up back in Philly next year
I dunno.

Going from Philly (terrible hockey) to Colorado (potential cup winners) will probably be a great experience for a player like Giroux.

I doubt he would want to return to shitty hockey. He could play another 4-5 years, it's not like he'd be going back to retire.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I have no idea how reliable that source is, I'd venture to guess not great considering it's the same parent company Dater works for.

But man, if the Avs manage to pull off a JTC + Ranta + 2023 1st for Giroux trade.... Sakic will be deserving of all the praise in the world.

It’s Sam Carchidi, he’s worked the Philly beat for a long time. There could be something there.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Ok so Ranta, JTC, 1st for Giroux...

Edit: Just checked Sampo's stats in the AHL, they're not impressive. 10 points in 30 games. Not sure how much value that has for the Flyers

Last edited:

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
That Fleury rumour doesn’t make any sense to me.

Kuemper’s play has stabilized and Francouz has been great. If they can sneak a 3rd goalie onto the Eagles that would be great, but I think there’s better ways to improve the roster than MAF.

On another note, keep in mind Compher pretty much has to go to Phili in these Giroux deals to make the cap work.

Unless Sakic flips Kuemper to Edmonton for 1st + Holloway :sarcasm:

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
For 4 years running, this team doesn’t need top 6 scoring pop. It needs gritty depth that can provide offense (that makes you useless as always, Jost), & better defensemen than Murray & the Johnsons , who simultaneously aren’t super soft Sammy G massive defensive liability pansies. Good luck fixing that in 1 deadline.

Reactions: Iceberg

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco

Huh, didn’t expect MAF

Yeah that would be a terrible use of our cap space too. I’m sure there would be retention, but why trade away assets when our goaltending tandem has been amazing lately? I hope he’s just referring to something he heard early on in the season when we were more concerned about our goaltending.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
It doesn't work with the cap.
With double retention on Giroux he'd only have a $2.07m caphit, so moving Jost ($2m) would have a negligible impact on the cap. It would likely have to happen at the deadline though so as to keep the cost of retention (in real dollars) down for Philadelphia and the team retaining double.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,757.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Las Palmas vs Real Betis