Speculation: 2021-22 Sharks Roster Discussion part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I wonder if we're in good shape by that 22nd game whether or not we bring him back. If we're still struggling, I assume he's in the lineup on Nov 30th.

Also, they're not continuing the investigation regarding the sexual assault allegations.

Reactions: Sandisfan

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I wonder if we're in good shape by that 22nd game whether or not we bring him back. If we're still struggling, I assume he's in the lineup on Nov 30th.

Also, they're not continuing the investigation regarding the sexual assault allegations.
If we have to play him, ideally we can keep the top 6 together with Eklund and Dahlen in the lineup and then Kane slots into the 3rd line in place of Nieto.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
If we have to play him, ideally we can keep the top 6 together with Eklund and Dahlen in the lineup and then Kane slots into the 3rd line in place of Nieto.
They don't have to play him and the tone of their tweet doesn't really sound like they want to. They are just going to have to pay him unless they figure out a different way out.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Like I said, in my opinion, if they end up playing him it’s because they’re getting no production from the top lines which means you’d have to slide him in on the top line.

Reactions: Mattb124

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
It's really too bad he's the worst, because this:

Eklund - Hertl - Balcers
Kane - Couture - Meier
Dahlen - Bonino - Labanc
Cogliano - Weatherby - Nieto

...is definitely a better team. But then you get Sad Must Be Always Edition Hertl rather than Raise the Roof Hertl and that makes the whole thing not worth it.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

Eklund - Hertl - Balcers
Kane - Couture - Meier
Dahlen - Bonino - Labanc

...is definitely a better team. But then you get Sad Must Be Always Edition Hertl rather than Raise the Roof Hertl and that makes the whole thing not worth it.
In regards to the whole F1/F2/F3 thing, Kane on that 2nd line is a bad fit since none of those guys fit the F2 mold. I think you either move down Rudy or Eklund. Or put Kane in over Nieto.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
In regards to the whole F1/F2/F3 thing, Kane on that 2nd line is a bad fit since none of those guys fit the F2 mold. I think you either move down Rudy or Eklund. Or put Kane in over Nieto.

Time will tell, but the Kane-Hertl-Barabanov line was excellent last year, I think you need to see if they can find that chemistry again.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Sounds like the sharks plan to have him back. Unless he gets charged for the fake vaccine card, dont think they can wiggle out of his deal, and they dont want to pay him to sit.

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
Sounds like the sharks plan to have him back. Unless he gets charged for the fake vaccine card, dont think they can wiggle out of his deal, and they dont want to pay him to sit.
Edit: I thought this was the Kane thread, but basically the statement from the team doesn't sound like he is coming back, unless there was some other report on it.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
I'm conflicted. On one hand, I don't want Kane back, and I've said as much multiple times. On the other hand I believe in the good in people, at least the potential, despite the bad. If Kane can seriously mend the fences with his teammates in some way, I don't know what that would look like, but if he did, he'd give this group a helluva bump on paper.

spintops

Sep 13, 2013

Eklund - Hertl - Balcers
Kane - Couture - Meier
Dahlen - Bonino - Labanc

Is this a playoff team? I think maybe ?

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Is this a playoff team? I think maybe ?
If absolutely everything goes right developmentally for players, and no one gets injured/regressed, then I could see them making it in our division. We'd get pumped by Colorado/Vegas in Round 1 probably though.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
If absolutely everything goes right developmentally for players, and no one gets injured/regressed, then I could see them making it in our division. We'd get pumped by Colorado/Vegas in Round 1 probably though.
Why? Way I see it, if Karlsson and Burns are versions of their old selves and Hill/Reimer are a hot 1-2 tandem, we'd be hard to bump. Kanes just an extra layer of icing.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Was checking out Montreal's GDT for tonight. Despite losing to the Buffalo Sabres the other night, there is a comment that says "this one is winnable". I don't know whether to laugh or just get offended. I know we're not the best team in the league but come on, we just beat Winnipeg while they lost to Buffalo and that's how teams view us.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Was checking out Montreal's GDT for tonight. Despite losing to the Buffalo Sabres the other night, there is a comment that says "this one is winnable". I don't know whether to laugh or just get offended. I know we're not the best team in the league but come on, we just beat Winnipeg while they lost to Buffalo and that's how teams view us.
The Sharks are a total unknown to most fans, but we're even more of an unknown with a guy like Eklund who by falling to the Sharks must not be very good, Dahlen is a nobody, why else would both Ottawa and Vancouver trade him, and all our core players are either dead due to old age or using walkers due to injuries. Oh, and then there's Evander Kane, who everyone knows a lot about right now for some reason.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
According to who? The Kurz article basically made it sound like they don't plan to have him back this season no matter what.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Kane - Couture - Labanc
Eklund - Hertl - Balcers
Meier - Bonino - Dahlén

It's like people here forget that Barabonov is on this team. He's day to day right now, but people are putting lineups together when Kane returns (Nov 30), assuming Barabonov is still out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad