GDT: 2021-22 season game 79 LA Kings vs Chicago Blackhawks @7:30pm 4/21/22

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
AA didn't play well with Zetterberg and old Zetterberg reminds me a lot of old Kopitar. But they seem to have something going right now.

Can never undervalue chemistry and Kopitar rarely has that with guys. They played off each other very well tonight/previous game too

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Remember you asked for it...

YKuuMRB.gif

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
WHAT THEY'RE SAYING – '

When exactly did LA become a good team?' Edition

No Fun Shogun : Let's not suck.​

BobbyJet : Wondering. When exactly did LA become a good team?​

ClydeLee : They're borderline 8th seed, but they rebuild hard before their stars were totally done so they got some nice youth and vet combos​

IU Hawks fan : They haven't, good teams don't have a negative GD.​

BobbyJet : I guess it depends on what one calls good but considering how bad Kings were, making the playoffs makes them at least respectable.​

HLLYWD99 : They have lost D. Doughty for the year.​

Mrfenn92 : Hawks 6 kings 2​

DisgruntledHawkFan : PK just gifting Kings point men the top of the circle.​

HLLYWD99 : Had to be Danault!​

deytookerjaabs : Welp, Kings strike first and that guy looks familiar.​

Kaners Bald Spot : idk how you guys are attentively watching. Truly hardcore.​

I have it on but I'm paying more attention to my computer than the game.​

HLLYWD99 : Kopitar passes like a Hawk!​

Blackhawkswincup : Delia doing everything he can to prevent this from becoming a blowout​

Blackhawkswincup : And the Kings make it 2-0​

Kopitar with goal​

Blackhawkswincup : Kane!​

Looked offside though​

DisgruntledHawkFan : Don't think it'll count​

Blackhawkswincup : Sadly, they will take that away from Hawks​

hawksfan50 : Actualky it looked like Kings player put the puck back into his own zone so it never even dhoukd have been any off sides question at all.​

hawksfan50 : Is there any player you ever saw skating as slowly and always as tired as Toews..just cannot move his legs at all...even Seabrook on 1 leg at the end moved faster than Toews is showing tonight.​

Kings look tlijevtgey have all been blood-doped ...such relentless pressure to getvthebouck and keep it...Hawks chasing...get tired. Playing helpless and hapless....so sad to be humbled this way...the score is flattering to the Hawks...Kings shoukd be up 5-1...domination of the puck.​

DisgruntledHawkFan : MRI in the morning. Good night and good luck.​

Blackhawkswincup : Pretty pathetic​

Kings have dominated but Delia has kept Hawks in it​

Hawks had like 2-3 minutes of good hockey tonight which resulted in a nice Kane goal​

Blackhawkswincup : 50 minutes into game and the shots are 32-14 Kings​

Blackhawkswincup : WTF was that?​

3-1 Kings​

Blackhawkswincup : And its 4-1​

Delia injured now​

f*** this,, I am off for night​

This team is trash​

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Remember you asked for it...

Times have really changed. When i was a kid if youd have taped yourself dancing like that and put it out in the world youd be tormented horribly by your schoolmates and such. Its really goofy shit but if it makes people happy who I am to judge. As long as no one is getting hurt its all good I suppose.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Durzi is still making a lot of blunders out there.

I'm not sure what should done about it, or if anything can be done, but I think it's going to cost us in the playoffs.

Collectively the Kings will be icing the worst D-group in the the playoffs.

Reactions: YP44

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com

I'm not sure what should done about it, or if anything can be done, but I think it's going to cost us in the playoffs.

Even with DD and Anderson back that statement prob is still true. Maata is on the the top pairing where at the beginning of the year he was healthy scratch... that pretty much tells you where the team is at with D. But, on the plus side, they've discovered some talent in Spence and Durzi and this year was still supposedly about development. So there is that big positive... and if things dont go crazy sideways they will get to test themselves in the playoffs - which invaluable experience.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Even with DD and Anderson back that statement prob is still true. Maata is on the the top pairing where at the beginning of the year he was healthy scratch... that pretty much tells you where the team is at with D. But, on the plus side, they've discovered some talent in Spence and Durzi and this year was still supposedly about development. So there is that big positive... and if things dont go crazy sideways they will get to test themselves in the playoffs - which invaluable experience.
It’s good experience and basically a free hit. Given the injuries making the play-offs at will be a success, so there is very little pressure on them on. Whomever they play will be expected to advance and if it’s the Oilers (are we still likely to face them?) then the pressure on them will be immense. It’s actually a decent matchup for us also.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

His numbers with Grundstrom--minus AA at least--are excellent too. And Brown close behind. AA-Byfield is just gasoline-matches like Martinez-Muzzin.

His detractors don't want to acknowledge it but he's played in the NHL so far basically exactly how he did for team Canada, opponents got nothing while he was on the ice, and play constantly moved forward, and it was just weird that production hadn't quite followed. He'll get there.

ZJames

Jan 4, 2011
Dont worry about it

I don't really expect us to go far in the playoffs this year, even if we had Doughty and Anderson. Getting playoff experience would be great for Durzi's development. I really think that he and Spence just need more time and experience. Both are already playing at a much higher level than most of us around here ever expected from them.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Imagine next year when Durzi, instead of playing the role of Drew, is down the lineup playing 15 minutes in soft matchups, and when Spence is in more of the Voynov role that he's already crushing.

Playoffs vs. McJesus MIGHT be a bloodbath, but it's gonna be eminently useful for the kids. Only wish the forwards got similar exposure.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
His numbers with Grundstrom--minus AA at least--are excellent too. And Brown close behind. AA-Byfield is just gasoline-matches like Martinez-Muzzin.

His detractors don't want to acknowledge it but he's played in the NHL so far basically exactly how he did for team Canada, opponents got nothing while he was on the ice, and play constantly moved forward, and it was just weird that production hadn't quite followed. He'll get there.

Grundstrom is so underrated by the staff. He's a good compliment with his physicality, puck skills and he's faster than he looks. Plus, he's the only one other than Danault who's willing to just muck it up in the greasy areas and bang goals in from there. He's going to be a prime Dwight King-like bottom 6er for some other team next season.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Grundstrom is so underrated by the staff. He's a good compliment with his physicality, puck skills and he's faster than he looks. Plus, he's the only one other than Danault who's willing to just muck it up in the greasy areas and bang goals in from there. He's going to be a prime Dwight King-like bottom 6er for some other team next season.
I never put Grundstrom in my lineup. Instead I give his spot to a prospect. That said I think he brings a good physical game that will be key in the playoffs.

Reactions: BringTheReign

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Grundstrom is great at initiating contact on dump ins. Next step in my mind is him getting stops and freezing the puck. Which should buy his linemates time to get in position to support the play instead of an easy outlet for the opposition.

Lizotte is great at that play, hopefully Carl it too and brings the missing ingredient to his line with QB and Arthur.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad