GDT: 2021-22 season game 79 LA Kings vs Chicago Blackhawks @7:30pm 4/21/22

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Once Byfield settles down and figures out how to take the puck to the net instead of staying on the perimeter so much hell be tough to stop. Id like to see Kempe with these two at some point.
He loses pucks way too easily. Im on board with the stick is too short crowd.. i believe its costing him control of the puck in situations he cant be bent over like trying to avoid contact - forces you to straighten up and then the stick is off the ice. Also, it def hurts range of a poke check and lane coverage on PK.

Reactions: Schmooley

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
He loses pucks way too easily. Im on board with the stick is too short crowd.. i believe its costing him control of the puck in situations he cant be bent over like trying to avoid contact - forces you to straighten up and then the stick is off the ice. Also, it def hurts range of a poke check and lane coverage on PK.
He needs a stick intervention like the tires scene in Days of Thunder. lol

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Oddly enough his defensive stick is like the one area of his game that I've been consistently happy with...
I agree he is pretty tenacious at stick checking..Still feel like other parts of his game MAY be suffering from it. Could you gently inquire if the Kings have any concern for the stick length - has this topic surfaced before during the scouting phase? would be interesting to know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad