KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Should have stuck with the Totems.

totems.jpg

Kracken? Epic comic book name failure.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
I think some people here are way undervaluing Matt Roy. Other than the power play, Roy is very very good at everything else at his position. He’s a better defensive defenseman than Drew Doughty at this point. If people think the defense is small and soft now, wait until Roy is gone.
No he's not. DD is so underrated at getting the puck out of the zone, either skating it out or with those little flip backhand passes to the other side.

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
I think some people here are way undervaluing Matt Roy. Other than the power play, Roy is very very good at everything else at his position. He’s a better defensive defenseman than Drew Doughty at this point. If people think the defense is small and soft now, wait until Roy is gone.
Not undervaluing him at all. I just would rather keep Durzi and Spence over him. Anderson and Bjornfot are your defensive dmen. I think other teams value Roy as well, hence trade from strength to fill weakness. Durzi isn’t a shrieking violet and Spence is intelligent with the ability to throw decent checks. I’m happy keeping Roy but there is a super log jam building on RD.

RaymondReddington

Sep 21, 2020
If this team makes the playoffs, I'm going to be giving more than a bit of credit, I'm gonna be sucking their balls. A special group on this board will still find something to bitch about though...
Yeah, because if a team makes the playoffs there's absolutely nothing a coach or management did that was a mistake in judgment, or detrimental to a player's development, or made the journey harder than it had to be.
Axl's Axiom: team making the playoffs equals coach and management beyond evaluation and criticism; those who think critically are shitty fans.

Reactions: head eyes

Jason Squirties

Apr 15, 2014
Yeah, because if a team makes the playoffs there's absolutely nothing a coach or management did that was a mistake in judgment, or detrimental to a player's development, or made the journey harder than it had to be.
Axl's Axiom: team making the playoffs equals coach and management beyond evaluation and criticism; those who think critically are shitty fans.
You new here?

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
If this team makes the playoffs, I'm going to be giving more than a bit of credit, I'm gonna be sucking their balls. A special group on this board will still find something to bitch about though...
I think the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Reactions: Axl Rhoadz

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Durzi is a lock in my mind.

Spence is undersized but sound in his own end. A steal and proving at each level he can meet the challenge.

Clarke and Faber are highly touted prospects. Not run of the meal plugs.

Roy has a size and physical element needed but I’d trade him in a heartbeat if it got me an upgrade in a more deficient area of need.
I’d easily trade Roy

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Also I think the Kings have a solid team and are winning based on skill l.

we’re seeing these good players and lines due to injury and not coaching decisions.

Tmac is at best a mediocre coach being carried by a talented team.

Wins don’t necessarily mean the coaching is good. Our special teams, and all other line options have been on management. So yes you can win and still have a shitty coach. Talent will always find a way if you have enough of it. If Willie D could land a job then coaching standards aren’t what some posters make it seem

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad