I was gonna say throat goat but didn’t want to get a potential infraction
Uh-huh... okay old man.

I think it's nap time for you.

good.gif

• Wow
Reactions: Sol

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
No in game adjustments. Special teams still suck. Fire Todd.

If Blake ties up cap in another midget at the deadline & doesn't get someone that will throw a hit, he can go to.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Kings are really missing doughtys game speed control. I noticed all the defenseman just throwing the puck up rather than wait and hold on. Didn’t do anything to slow the game down today

Movare had a pretty rough game. lots of bad things with and without the puck. I think it took him 3 tries to simply pass the puck out on one play, and then it was given away again. Tough night all around for the rooks.

No Name The Nameless

Feb 15, 2019
Tornado Alley
Byfield could be a monster in a couple years but he has a lot of work to put in between now and then.
Based on what? Size and speed that he doesn’t use? That’s what he was drafted for. Size and speed. His IQ is okay. His shot is poor, his stick handling looks poor and his defense is average.
I just don’t see anything that makes me say that he’s an NHL player, let alone the franchise savior.
I’d trade him immediately before the rest of the NHL figured him out. I literally have zero confidence. I’ve been saying it before the draft. I drank the koolaide before he came up but I’m bearish.

ibleedkings

Rob Fake
Jul 19, 2004
Santa Clarita
Based on what? Size and speed that he doesn’t use? That’s what he was drafted for. Size and speed. His IQ is okay. His shot is poor, his stick handling looks poor and his defense is average.
I just don’t see anything that makes me say that he’s an NHL player, let alone the franchise savior.
I’d trade him immediately before the rest of the NHL figured him out. I literally have zero confidence. I’ve been saying it before the draft. I drank the koolaide before he came up but I’m bearish.
I never drank the koolaide, wanted Stutzle from the beginning.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
I never drank the koolaide, wanted Stutzle from the beginning.
Stutzle was the better player at the draft and still is today. Byfield was a long term project.
I love Stutzles game. But I regularly see Ottawa fans complaining about his iq, defense, and lack of finishing plays.
A Stutzle-Zegras-Kaliyev line would be looking good right now though…

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Lack of finish, lack of skill, whatever you want to call it, it's the same thing. This team doesn't score enough goals.

As usual it's one line doing everything, the 4th and 1st lines have been hot and cold all year, right now both are cold. Kopitar and Kempe look awful, Iafallo needs to be demoted down the lineup if not scratched. The 3rd line has contributed nothing all year, doesn't matter who has been on it. The Kings 1st round pick forwards who have all been on that line now have a combined 82 games, 7 goals, 8 assists, 15 points. But no problems at all, nothing to worry about, everyone got their wish for a "kid line" or "champagne line" at the expense of DB and AA. By our powers combined, we are Nick Shore!
Kopitar, Iafallo, Frk, Grundstrom and Strand all looked awful

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
There is the PP sucks & isn't scoring. Kings are in the regularly give up quality opportunities & goals on their Power Play.

Maybe we should just move to a kill off the power play mentality. 2 defenders with Maatta & Edler on point.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
There is the PP sucks & isn't scoring. Kings are in the regularly give up quality opportunities & goals on their Power Play.

Maybe we should just move to a kill off the power play mentality. 2 defenders with Maatta & Edler on point.
I dont think ive seen a worse PP -- ever for any team i can remember. I do not think PP ranking takes into account shorties, if it did, Kings would be 33rd

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Gotta get at least 6pts in the next 4, because 5 of the 6 after that are against Cgy, Edm, and Min. The last 3 weeks is, or should be, a relatively light one, with what should be many winnable games. But for that to matter, and for that 2nd batch of games not be absolutely make or break, you have to beat Chi and Sea. Nas is good, and they always seem to do well in LA, so whatever you get there, is extra. Cannot give points away against Chi and Sea though.

Reactions: Herby

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Gotta get at least 6pts in the next 4, because 5 of the 6 after that are against Cgy, Edm, and Min. The last 3 weeks is, or should be, a relatively light one, with what should be many winnable games. But for that to matter, and for that 2nd batch of games not be absolutely make or break, you have to beat Chi and Sea. Nas is good, and they always seem to do well in LA, so whatever you get there, is extra. Cannot give points away against Chi and Sea though.
Opponents may not all be tough, but the next seven games are in 14 days, so there isn’t any let up.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
They should put Gabe and Lias back together. They had chemistry in pre-season. Sit Frk. Lizotte has not been himself for 2-3 weeks. What happened to him?

Reactions: Schmooley

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I have more confidence that the pk won't get scored on short a guy, than the pp unit with the man adv! Yes, I'm at that point.

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
Time to give the PK guys time on the PP.
Why did they have Brown on the PP all year and Iafallo? Alex cannot even create chances or put the puck in the net, period, He can try to keep the puck, but that should not be a PP skill. Try to get Debrincat or Bertuzzi.

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County

This is exactly what I would do. I would roll 4 lines and instruct the players not to set up any kind of half wall umbrella thing at all. Dump and chase or rely on the breakout to gain the zone and play normally. The team has shown that they CANNOT stop SH goals against, and they CANNOT find any way to be effective on the PP. So no special PP units, no set plays, no cute passing. This team, for whatever reason, cannot handle having an advantage. Kopi looks downright bored on the ice. He should’ve been kicked from the PP at the 40 game mark, but this coach and GM honor the old dead goats far too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad