GDT: 2021-22 season game 53 LA Kings vs New York Islanders @7:30pm 2/26/22

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Solid win, took care of business in the 1st period and locked it down the rest of the way. All 4 lines are rolling, confidence is the highest its been in years, gotta keep the momentum going strong. Powerplay still needs a lot of work though

Reactions: King'sPawn

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
The big difference with Maatta now is that he's stopped fancying himself as a two-way defenseman. Earlier in the season, and least season, he would take so many unnecessary risks with bad pinches and getting caught too deep in the offensive zone. He'd try cross seam passes from the circles and deeper. Hell, when he was partnered with Drew last season, Drew had to play the stay at home role to avoid disaster. Maatta's playing his best hockey with the Kings now. Good for him.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
WHAT THEY-RE SAYING – The Kings melted down the T-1000 and molded him into helmets!
'Byfield only scores against us' Edition

The Wahligator : When Barry passes better than half of our top 6

scottywiper : Yay us. The same movie on repeat.
scottywiper : f***s sake. This game could be over in 5 minutes.
hockeyfanplayer : Defensively, Dobson is just dreadful. @BringTheReign :laugh:
Islesfan2019 : Kings are young, talented and fast. This is going to be a slaughter unless Varlamov stands on his head.
periferal : The Kings melted down the T-1000 and molded him into helmets.
The Wahligator : This one might get ugly
SI90 : It’s a wrap boys.
steveat : we are playing like a beer league team
scottywiper : They are pushing me to beer.
Mike C : Vs another backup goalie and another game vs team on 2nd end of back to back
LeapOnOver : Zdeno Chara is the biggest pilon in the NHL.
Steve55 : Tuned into Kings Audio Network about a minute left in the first. Absolutely ticked that Isles are down 2-0.
periferal : Whatever just happened is the Isles season in a nutshell.
nyisles : Time to turn this game off. That goal's a microcosm of the whole season. Horrible! (Byfield's goal)
scottywiper : Byfield has two goals in career... Both against Isles..
periferal : I know it's the entire team, but Dobson tonight... Jesus.
PK Cronin : Not their fault, the chrome helmets are blinding them.
SI90 : Barzal and Dobson are the future of this team. Just filthy
periferal : I thought of ways it could get worse, but they're so dark/gruesome that best we not go there. (Barzal's injury)
scottywiper : I'm dead inside.
Tres Peleches : Jackass pulled him down backwards over his leg with his arm. Very dangerous play, even though unintentional. Hope it’s not too serious, but it didn’t look good
periferal : Watch this... We'll get a report that when Barzal got injured the first time it was diagnosed with a strained knee. Then when he went back in he tore his ACL.
SI90 : It’s so ugly. Don’t even play the 3rd
The Wahligator : Lou has his work cut out for him, that’s all that can be said.
scottywiper : Butch is clearly grumpy with team.
Shannon sounds depressed.
Barzal injured
Season over.
This is what you call a shit sandwich.
Mike C : I have Kings feed on dish center ice. They said at beginning that team is talking like they want to not change too much and I keep hearing on every out of town broadcast that Chara is in high demand because of his toughness, experience and low maintenance
Satan'sIsland81 : Byfield has two NHL goals this season, both were against us.
isles55 : Dobson’s been a totally different player the second half of this game. It’s like something happened midway through this game that resulted in this difference.
LAIslanderFan : At the game tonight. It looked like the Kings had twice as many players on the ice most of the game.
The Islanders were a step behind all night. Time to tear it down and take a few years to replenish the prospect pool.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
He also called Durzi Byfield 2 or 3 times.. the guy is at the point its not the power play, its Durzi cmon dude

I noticed that as well. Byfield is so huge compared to any other player, but moreso, Byfield is left handed and Durzi is right handed. You shouldn't be mixing this up at this stage.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Great result, great performance, great backhand save from Cal an great to see QB get another.

Let’s have no more of the nonsense that QB can only score of the rush, quite clearly he can score goals in all sorts of ways. Genius :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad