GDT: 2021-22 season game 53 LA Kings vs New York Islanders @7:30pm 2/26/22

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
What's really impressed me and I didn't expect (the domination) was that they've learned to turn just raw, dominant possession into a killer instinct. Early on, I fully expected a team who could 2015-Kings their way to even shots or even a slight lead in shots but I didn't expect them to just flat out crush some great opponents on both the shot clock AND the scoreboard. It's a phenomenal transformation to see, not just 'playing the right way' but believing it will result in wins. Definitely have not seen this kind of confidence/team-wide swagger since the end of 2012, including guys sticking up for one another. Shit even Byfield had a guy in a headlock last night.

I mean we were as much as 20-30 games in going 'ok what's the identity' but it's really on show right now, just an incredibly aggressive team who can play with pace and isn't scared to play on the rush. While that can burn them against the absolute best teams--see Car, TBL--it keeps all the others in line and honest.
Agreed and the start was horrible.

I think we all have hated Byfields usage as well as one or two others but it’s coming together. TMac deserves credit by seemingly sticking to his plan and how the team have completely bought into it with belief. I mean they have really moved Kalyev forward as a player so that he isn’t going to be a soft target (tactically) in the top 6. He’s also done OK offensively when you consider his minutes. The young D guys have come along great and he’s given Durzi his head to play his game. Byfield, well let’s see.

It’s obviously a group effort and it’s good to see. Sometimes the high valuing of character can pay off. Whatever happens from here it’s been a season of improvement. If they can carry it into the playoffs I can see us getting through the first round. Hell, at this rate we will have home advantage.

TwzKing

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2004
How awesome is this year so far, now we are not as surprised when they win and the surprisingly part is how much they dominate at times

For me I think it was the Pens game where they flat out dominated that I switched from the game is on in the house to, I have to sit and watch because the game is actually entertaining.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad