GDT: 2021-22 season Game 5 LA Kings vs St. Louis Blues @5:00pm 10/23/21

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Time for Brown to go...a fire hydrant can score with Kopi-Star...sure Brown does hit on occasion but isn't a number one RWinger,never was ever

Oh for F-sake... Have you even watched the guys career? Go back to the Kraken board and troll them about someone who's scored 318 goals and has 689 points . BTW, last nights goal, wasn't from Kopitar.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Who are all these veterans holding the rookies back? Kopitar, Brown, Doughty, and Quick? Kempe? We've already fired most of the veterans into the sun.
Fact checking is not allowed. I think the leading proponents of that theory should start a consultancy instead of whining on a fan board. Next stop just down the road there in Anaheim. Dinosaurs like Getzlaf, Henrique, Silfverberg hogging up so much ice time. Of course Zegras is up there in ice time too, with his 1 assist in 6 games. Any young player is a potential Connor McDavid to they should be drowning in ice time.

Reactions: Steve Barnett

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Oh for F-sake... Have you even watched the guys career? Go back to the Kraken board and troll them about someone who's scored 318 goals and has 689 points . BTW, last nights goal, wasn't from Kopitar.
Dusty Coattails Bottoms did all that in nearly 20 years so if my math is right he's averaged like 30 points per year! Wow! That's want I want from a front line top scorer

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
BTW, last nights goal, wasn't from Kopitar.
Yea I liked that it was with Kupari. Lets not play offensive prospects with grinders like Lizotte whos job is to eat minutes in the corners. Nothing wrong with Lizotte doing that but its a role for prospects JAD and Dudas.
Kaliyev with Kopitar, Kupari with Brown, Byfield with Arvidsson. Things like that could work and ease rookies in easier than just putting them in the bottom six in grinder roles they have never played in their lives.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Then go wager with Todd. There isn't fan board in the league that doesn't complain about rookies not getting prime ice time.
Apparently, there isn’t a shortage of favoring 38 year old bags of bones for roles they no longer can live up to, either.

Regardless, you’d have to be a fool to argue that the deployment being used is even close to appropriate for the goal at hand.

Unless the end goal is wringing out another season of the glory years on the road to yet another lottery pick.

Reactions: KINGS17

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Apparently, there isn’t a shortage of favoring 38 year old bags of bones for roles they no longer can live up to, either.

Regardless, you’d have to be a fool to argue that the deployment being used is even close to appropriate for the goal at hand.

Unless the end goal is wringing out another season of the glory years on the road to yet another lottery pick.
Agreed. However, there is a market for "point a game" 36 year olds with a positive +/-.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Dusty Coattails Bottoms did all that in nearly 20 years so if my math is right he's averaged like 30 points per year! Wow! That's want I want from a front line top scorer

I think Brown is in his 18th season. He had a bit of a revival in the 2017-18 and 2018-19 seasons when he recorded 61 and 51 points respectively.

But you are right other than those two seasons, Dustin Brown has been around a 30-35 point player for 7 of the last 9 seasons.

Dustin Brown is not a long term solution for any of the Kings problems, and since I don't see any great progress from the team's youth due to the mentorship of any of the remaining vets on the roster, it's time to move on, if the Kings can find a trading partner for these players. I would like to see two or three actual mentors being acquired by the Kings who don't mind playing less and teaching/mentoring more.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Nothing will change while Kopitar, Doughty, Quick and Brown are still here playing well. The kids coming in will be playing under them, not getting key shifts, not growing into leaders, not taking ownership. Its going to be uncomfortable here for a while.
C'mon man, you lose these guys and the Kings are lottery material for season after season, and if they aren't on the roster how many fans are going to buy tickets?

I've heard them all.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
I think Brown is in his 18th season. He had a bit of a revival in the 2017-18 and 2018-19 seasons when he recorded 61 and 51 points respectively.

But you are right other than those two seasons, Dustin Brown has been around a 30-35 point player for 7 of the last 9 seasons.

Dustin Brown is not a long term solution for any of the Kings problems, and since I don't see any great progress from the team's youth due to the mentorship of any of the remaining vets on the roster, it's time to move on, if the Kings can find a trading partner for these players. I would like to see two or three actual mentors being acquired by the Kings who don't mind playing less and teaching/mentoring more.
Hmmm. Doing a little math shows DB's full season production for the last 4+ seasons at roughly 61,58, 43, 52 and this year 82. DB could well be another Jagr. I hope BLuc is thinking about an appropriate extension!
Of course I'm assuming you just forgot about the shortened seasons (age?) or you're just gaslighting. In any event you have no business assessing Luc's IQ.
Trust me.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Hmmm. Doing a little math shows DB's full season production for the last 4+ seasons at roughly 61,58, 43, 52 and this year 82. DB could well be another Jagr. I hope BLuc is thinking about an appropriate extension!
Of course I'm assuming you just forgot about the shortened seasons (age?) or you're just gaslighting. In any event you have no business assessing Luc's IQ.
Trust me.
Brown, another Jagr? NAFC.

My mistake on the seasons that were shortened. How long do you want Brown extended after this season, assuming you aren't being a snarky smart ass?

...and sorry, Luc is a dip shit.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Brown, another Jagr? NAFC.

My mistake on the seasons that were shortened. How long do you want Brown extended after this season, assuming you aren't being a snarky smart ass?

...and sorry, Luc is a dip shit.
I guess you'll never know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad