GDT: 2021-22 season game 49 LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @7:00pm 2/18/22

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Add another to the only against Vegas file: You can foul a guy from behind/side on a breakaway and its NOT a penalty shot. We've seen it called for much much less .

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Took Kempe 6 years to break through and be a very good player. The way this franchise develops forwards can't wait in 6 years when Byfield finally breaks through. Les go!!!
I think this is even more than a break out year. This is ridiculous. He is on a 35 goal pace which I thought he seriously didn’t have the hockey intelligence for.

Last season was IMO his limit.

Good to be wrong but I hope people are not going to flame him again if he doesn’t score 30 together with 1st line play.

Last edited:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
kempe with the double doorframe lean for the interview

total alpha move

Yep.

Screen Shot 2022-02-19 at 2.05.48 AM.png

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
I think this is even more than a break out year. This is ridiculous. He is on a 35 goal pace which I thought he seriously didn’t have the hockey intelligence for.

Last season was IMO his limit.

Good to be wrong but I hope people are not going to flame him again if he doesn’t score 30 together with 1st line play.

I think even if he doesn't score 30 just being consistent and playing solid hockey is all we can ask for. He's entering his prime hoping this is a start of something great from Adrian.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Took Kempe 6 years to break through and be a very good player. The way this franchise develops forwards can't wait in 6 years when Byfield finally breaks through. Les go!!!
He scored 16 goals, almost 40 points in his first full season as a 20 year old.

After that the Kings tried to convert him to center. I think that really set him back for a couple years. But remember even last year he scored at a 20 goal pace.

I think Kempe has really learned how to use his speed and be assertive with it. That's something I think Byfield has to learn as well.

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
WHAT THEY'RE SAYING – KINGS BEAT VEGAS IN OT
EICHEL DO BETTER THAN LAST GAME EDITION

hangman005 :
Chalkboard.jpg

DirtyDutchDiggler: Why is it every time we play the Kings, announcers are always reminding us that they are "happy to see you". I appreciate it. Really.
hangman005: Would be watching but at work... but so far at least we scored.
Puckstop40: No idea what’s up with the team lately.
Eyal: Sigh

That about sums up Vegas' GDT. Only 20 replies. There were more replies on a dude wandering into the thread asking for a way to get tickets than the actual game itself. :huh:

At first I thought it was a post game thread, but nope. Blew me away.

Thanks Vegas fans for saving me a bunch of time tonight!

I celebrate every season Vegas gets eliminated....its one more year for them closer to be in Cap Hell with high salaries tied to declining players. I want to see how pumped their crowds are when they are a mid level team and dealing with issues every other Team deals with.

Vegas Golden Knights Salary Cap, Draft Picks, and Player Contracts - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
He scored 16 goals, almost 40 points in his first full season as a 20 year old.

After that the Kings tried to convert him to center. I think that really set him back for a couple years. But remember even last year he scored at a 20 goal pace.

I think Kempe has really learned how to use his speed and be assertive with it. That's something I think Byfield has to learn as well.
I like how Kempe battles for pucks too and takes the man when he needs to...And playing with Kopi helps as does the tutelage of Arvidsson...man I enjoy watching Kempe play he's learning to bring it every night

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I wasn't able to see the game live stream feed was garbage but it looked great from the highlights especially the outcome

Reactions: kilowatt

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
I wasn't able to see the game live stream feed was garbage but it looked great from the highlights especially the outcome

Yup, boys were flying -- very solid game from start to finish. Unfortunately, every turnover seemed to end up in the back of the net.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Team takes a crap vs Edmonton and then wins vs Vegas.

Can these guys make up their minds? You going to suck or make the playoffs?

Not playing for over a week can do that, especially against a team that's been active and playing well. And they still should have tied it with a few minutes left.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I celebrate every season Vegas gets eliminated....its one more year for them closer to be in Cap Hell with high salaries tied to declining players. I want to see how pumped their crowds are when they are a mid level team and dealing with issues every other Team deals with.

Vegas Golden Knights Salary Cap, Draft Picks, and Player Contracts - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
i reckon that place is gonna be rocking with drunk, howling fairweathers for a while

heard people hooting and hollering when reilly smith skated the puck through the neutral zone into a 1v2 and dumped it, i think they have literally no clue what's going on

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Not playing for over a week can do that, especially against a team that's been active and playing well. And they still should have tied it with a few minutes left.

And let's not forget that EDM is a team filled with a bunch of bums, right? All the other teams they've been beating lately must be asleep at the wheel as well.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Was it just me or did Kopitar have a rough night last night? Dude consistently looks like he’s hurt/slow.
Absolutely. He's just not that effective at either end of the ice anymore. He should be playing 15-17 minutes a night.

He rarely generates anything offensively. Relatively speaking, his points are largely coincidental these days as opposed to him driving the play.

He still has his good nights but they're fewer and farer between than ever before.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
He didn't look good last night, but you don't have 44 points in 49 games without creating offensively. He's tied for the team lead in goals and has more assists than anyone by a wide margin. He's not as dominant as he was, but it just seems like a weird perception to me. He's still our best forward and it's a pretty big gap. He just needs to not be skated into the ground.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
He didn't look good last night, but you don't have 44 points in 49 games without creating offensively. He's tied for the team lead in goals and has more assists than anyone by a wide margin. He's not as dominant as he was, but it just seems like a weird perception to me. He's still our best forward and it's a pretty big gap. He just needs to not be skated into the ground.
He’s still putting up points for sure. For me it’s the little things he used to be able to do that he just can’t anymore. He used to be able to control the puck and skate with a guy draped on his back, now his skating seems to be suffering and he can’t do it. Is that too many minutes over his career or is he at the point now where his brain thinks he can do it and his body just reacts a half second too slow?

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
I guess AA gets a pass today from the ‘he sucks’ talk since he scored a nice goal last night. Kopitar’s turn today.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
When Kopitar is playing fewer than 20 minutes in regulation, it’s fine when he just looks fine. He’s still putting up points but he’s not a threat every time he touches the puck. That’s okay, he’s getting older, he still influences play significantly when he’s on the ice. He just probably isn’t going to cut to the middle and score anymore. He’s still an elite center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad