GDT: 2021-22 season game 49 LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @7:00pm 2/18/22

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
On the record of not liking Byfield's wingers but T-Mac isn't wrong with that comment. Byfield is too talented to be invisible even in only 8 minutes of ice.

He was much more engaged last night. He went out and played with confidence. Watching him closely since the WJC, AHL and now with the Kings, this has been an issue. He seems content at times just to blend in: he should be noticeable even if it's for making mistakes because he's trying to be assertive.

Thing is he can look bad and timid but then all of a sudden go on a heater and totally look the part. He's 19. Consistency is still elusive but hopefully we start seeing more games like last night's being strung together.
He started in similar fashion in the AHL and once he adapted he took off. Also, he is still still probably at least aware of the ankle and it’ll take time to be truly confident in it. Depending on how much ligament damage there was it’s possible he’s still working his way to full fitness. So it may still be a factor, but I think the extended break will help him immensely.

I’m not worried at this point, but like most I’m very impatient. During the games I desperately want to see points get racked up but after the games I’m more objective.

Give it a few more games and I think he will start to do his thing. He will be fine, I’m completely confident in that.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
It really was a compliment. He said before the game he wanted QB to give himself permission… he then used the same phrasing to acknowledge he did so.

Oh good, I might not need any more meds after all.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
He scored 16 goals, almost 40 points in his first full season as a 20 year old.

After that the Kings tried to convert him to center. I think that really set him back for a couple years. But remember even last year he scored at a 20 goal pace.

I think Kempe has really learned how to use his speed and be assertive with it. That's something I think Byfield has to learn as well.

Wasn't Kempe a center to start and only moved to the wing like 2 seasons ago?

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
He started in similar fashion in the AHL and once he adapted he took off. Also, he is still still probably at least aware of the ankle and it’ll take time to be truly confident in it. Depending on how much ligament damage there was it’s possible he’s still working his way to full fitness. So it may still be a factor, but I think the extended break will help him immensely.

I’m not worried at this point, but like most I’m very impatient. During the games I desperately want to see points get racked up but after the games I’m more objective.

Give it a few more games and I think he will start to do his thing. He will be fine, I’m completely confident in that.

Exactly. That's why I mentioned that I've been watching closely.

He doesn't have that "swag" or whatever the f*** it is that Zegras has...cockiness? He seems a bit timid until he gets comfortable and then it is like a snowball rolling downhill. That's a big reason why I wanted him to have a legit winger to start the season: I don't want his confidence to wane too much. As it relates to his wingers, AA was put on notice that he was going to be scratched unless he stepped up and he played much better. I'm just not sure how often we'll see that so it is up to QB to go out there, play confidently and try to drag those guys forward.

I liked him being one of the first guys out there to celebrate last night and he was super pumped. He just really seems like a quiet guy that doesn't have that "I'm the f***ing show" mentality but--once he is comfortable--he just goes out and plays his game which is what we ultimately need. He *had* to be the guy in Sudbury and he dominated. I know he has it in him but he is totally the guy that is going to not want to step on toes with vets etc. He seems like a kid who would feel bad about taking Kopitar's spot, know what I mean? He's got to just go, grab it and realize that him being a star is going to be a tide that raises all Kings boats.

He's 19. I didn't have sex until I was 19 and this guy is being asked to be the savior of the franchise. It's a lot to take in even if he wasn't being asked to be the savior of the franchise. That's where Herby's claim that he should have been in the NHL last season comes in to play but they wanted to slide that ELC. The main thing for me when I get critical is to remember he is only 19.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad