GDT: 2021-22 season game 47 LA Kings vs Detroit Red Wings @4:30pm 2/2/22

No Name The Nameless

Feb 15, 2019
Tornado Alley
Just finished watching the game.

Great road trip. Not our best game but the result is what counts. We need to do something to help out QB on the third line and whilst I’m not sure if the line would be quick enough from a skill/IQ standpoint Vilardi makes a lot of sense.
What are you talking about. You know TM sent Brown to the third line to save Byfield. Dustin is THE hero.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
QB cheated on the last Detroit goal, not saying others didn't make mistakes but he needs to know the game situation, as a C it was not a time to leave home plate up 2 with 50 seconds left. He will be coached up and learn from it, not a huge deal but it was not a good defensive zone read. TMac also probably needs to be better in that spot, that line should probably not be out there in a situation where the other team might be pulling their goaltender.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
What a game, what a road trip! These guys rarely make it easy, though on paper it was 'never in doubt.' Nedelkjovic had a big game. Can't ask for a much better finale than another regulation win and generally trending-up play. Only problem is time off now :laugh: but they can use it to tune up special teams and figure out some lines, get healthy.

I'm not sure if 2 weeks is enough time to fix the pp...
:laugh:

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
Just finished watching the game.

Great road trip. Not our best game but the result is what counts. We need to do something to help out QB on the third line and whilst I’m not sure if the line would be quick enough from a skill/IQ standpoint Vilardi makes a lot of sense. Brown is going nowhere regardless on our views and playing with Kopitar is too many minutes for him.So maybe as an alternative stick Vilardi with Kopitar and move Iafallo or Kempe with QB.

Also how did Smith not get an extra to for the hit into the back of Lemieux before their fight :huh:
You can't stick Vilardi with Byfield, that's two rookies on one line. It wouldn't work. Maybe put vilardi with Kopitar, but I think Vilardi should stay in Ont for the rest of the season. Work out whatever kinks he has left.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Going forward, the Kings really need to start beating teams in the West as most of the games left will be against them
They’ve done exactly that, if you take out the first handful of games in the bad start. Since then the record against the West has been decent but absolutely it has to continue to be good. They can’t afford to repeat the start they had to this season after the All-Star break.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
They’ve done exactly that, if you take out the first handful of games in the bad start. Since then the record against the West has been decent but absolutely it has to continue to be good. They can’t afford to repeat the start they had to this season after the All-Star break.

That's not true. They're 2-4 in their last 6 vs the West and 5-6-2 in their last 13. The beginning of the season included gets you to 7-11-4.

Last edited:

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
That's not true. They're 2-4 in their last 6 vs the West and 5-6-2 in their last 13. The beginning of the season included gets you to 7-11-4.
They are .500 against the west since the first losing streak. They had a winning record before dropping the last two west games (SJ/Col).

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Which teams in the West?

Let's not pretend that Colorado and Minnesota have anything in common with Seattle and Arizona just because they're all in "The West"

Reactions: cyclones22

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
They are .500 against the west since the first losing streak. They had a winning record before dropping the last two west games (SJ/Col).

That's a bit of a reach. You just can't discount those last 2 losses. 2 wins out of their last 6 is not what I consider turning things around. Are we also not counting overtime losses? This team has been very streaky.

Regardless of how you want to look at this is they have won 7 games and lost 15 in conference. 11 in regulation and 4 in overtime. Winning half your games against your conference is not acceptable for a playoff team.

Hopefully by season's end they will be a number of games over .500 against the West. Bottom line the Kings need to win more than half of their games against their conference in order to be any kind of real threat.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Which teams in the West?

Let's not pretend that Colorado and Minnesota have anything in common with Seattle and Arizona just because they're all in "The West"

Not only that Seattle and Arizona are two of the three teams who have worse records against the Western Conference than the Kings do. Chicago is the other.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Yeah my bad, misread it :sarcasm::huh:

Look I get it. But my recent memory was telling me about a week ago that I was annoyed about how the Kings can dominate the East and be so putrid against the West. Let's hope for a little winning streak against the West after the All Star break!

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
Danault signing is looking really good right now. Also listened to the Detroit post game show. They described LA as a young, fast, big team that is heavy on the forecheck and playing a 60 minute game with JQ as a stud in goal. Almost sounded like a 2012 reference without saying it but I think we're playing in a crap division in terms of points right now so hard to take too seriously. Still nice to be thought of as a non bottom feeder as a team, so I'll be happy with the 2 points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad