GDT: 2021-22 season game 47 LA Kings vs Detroit Red Wings @4:30pm 2/2/22

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
FKm3BbxXEAgQpVj

Los Angeles Kings (23-16-7, 53pts, 3rd in Pacific)@ Detroit Red Wings(20-20-6, 46pts, 5th in Atlantic)
Little Caesars Arena| Detroit, MI
TIME: 4:30pm PT | TV: Bally Sports West| RADIO: I Heart Radio App

SEASON STATS
vHK1jTm.png

*Lines subject to change*
**The website I use to get these doesn't have all of our players yet**

:kings

w8GUruh.png

htgjeHB.png

bzNdauI.png

9aMQ8Xx.png

Scratched: Rasmus Kupari, Carl Grundstrom
Covid: Matt Roy
Injured: Sean Walker, Alex Edler, Lias Andersson, Mikey Anderson

:wings
FMCTtgY.png

ccWHPBK.png

Injuries: Jakub Vrana, Troy Stetcher, Mitchell Stephens, Carter Rowney, Nick Leddy
Covid:

Full credit to NHL HUT Builder and Database for EA Sports Hockey Ultimate Team for supplying the HUT Cards
Full Credit to NHL Starting Goalies, Lines, News, Fantasy Tools - Daily Faceoff for the opposing lines

R.I.P
Jfont (Jesus Fontamillas)
HF member 2002-2021​

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Supposed to be my first Kings game in a loooooong time. Unfortunately mother nature had other plans. I will take the break of it just missing me and enjoy it from my living room. This should be 2 points for the Kings, need to take care of these bad teams as these points are big down the stretch.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
It's true is it not? At least give him iafallo.

You should prob look at the stats if giving him Iafallo is what will satisfy you -- I would bet AA has similar stats, just played 30 games less. So what's your point exactly?

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
You should prob look at the stats if giving him Iafallo is what will satisfy you -- I would bet AA has similar stats, just played 30 games less. So what's your point exactly?
My point is simple. Set the guy up for success. AA is fine, but plug iafallo on that line. Give qb a fighting chance. Brown is done as a player.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
It is a myth that AA is an offensive black hole. He has played 61 games for the Kings and has 14G and 31 points. That translates to 19 goals and 42 points over a full 82. That is about on par with what Iafallo has done his entire career here, and with better linemates.

I don't particularly like the guy. I think the mercenary description is right, he's really not a guy who has ever been on good teams but it's really a stretch to say that he is holding anyone back offensively. But why try dumping him only to replace him with younger players who have not scored at the same level he has on the same team.

For a team that doesn't have a lot of offensively gifted players he is fine in his current role, he isn't holding QB back.

Last edited:

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
It is a myth that AA is an offensive black hole. He has played 61 games for the Kings and has 14G and 31 points. That translates to 19 goals and 42 points over a full 82.

I don't particularly like the guy. I think the mercenary description is right, he's really not a guy who has ever been on good teams but it's really a stretch to say that he is holding anyone back offensively. The Kings want him dumped and replaced by younger players who have not scored at the same level he has on the same team.

For a team that doesn't have a lot of offensively gifted players he is fine in his current role, he isn't holding QB back.
I said AA is fine. But take brown off that line. Qb deserves better

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
My point is simple. Set the guy up for success. AA is fine, but plug iafallo on that line. Give qb a fighting chance. Brown is done as a player.

I don't understand your point ... TM specifically said they are not looking for QB to come in and be savior. So, the expectations you might have don't seem to align with the org's. So what is this failure you are concerned about?

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
I said AA is fine. But take brown off that line. Qb deserves better

And replace with who? They aren't messing with the Top 6 as of now, it's just playing to well.

Fagemo? He is a solid offensive player but that line becomes soft as butter.

Turcotte on his off-wing? He wasn't very effective in his brief stint. Check back next year when there is either a LW or C spot open in the bottom six.

Vilardi? This could be tried for sure, but I think its time to realize that (right or wrong) the Kings probably don't see Gabe in their future plans. The fact that Kupari, Byfield, Fagemo and Turcotte all got the call in this spot since his demotion is pretty telling.

Brown is one of the few options that seems to provide what they are looking for with physicality and some offense while being a right shot playing his natural position.

I am not advocating it, I wish we had better more ready options on the farm but I think Brown is there until Blake makes a trade that fills that 3rd line hole.

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
Qb needs good linemates to succeed at this point in his career. Plain and simple. If you don't understand that I don't know what else I can do for you.

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
And replace with who? They aren't messing with the Top 6 as of now, it's just playing to well.

Fagemo? He is a solid offensive player but that line becomes soft as butter.

Turcotte on his off-wing? He wasn't very effective in his brief stint. Check back next year when there is either a LW or C spot open in the bottom six.

Vilardi? This could be tried for sure, but I think its time to realize that (right or wrong) the Kings probably don't see Gabe in their future plans. The fact that Kupari, Byfield, Fagemo and Turcotte all got the call in this spot since his demotion is pretty telling.

Brown is one of the few options that seems to provide what they are looking for with physicality and some offense while being a right shot playing his natural position.

I am not advocating it, I wish we had better more ready options on the farm but I think Brown is there until Blake makes a trade that fills that 3rd line hole.
I hope your wrong about vilardi. As for his linemates, we could do better than brown and not have to look to the farm for it.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Qb needs good linemates to succeed at this point in his career. Plain and simple. If you don't understand that I don't know what else I can do for you.

Ok then, I'm telling you that you are wrong until you can define success.

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
Ok then, I'm telling you that you are wrong until you can define success.
Success is progressing as a player. To do that, you need to put up points. To put up points, you need a fully functioning line. Brown doesn't fit the mold of an NHL player anymore.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan

So you want to (I assume) break up the Kings red hot 2nd line in the middle of a playoff race to make QB's life easier? He is playing in a 3rd line role with a 20 goal, 40 point forward. You act like he's playing with 2015 Mike Richards and Nick Shore.

This is not a development year, do I wish it was? Yes, I said so as much in the summer when the Kings brought in all these guys. The Kings are trying to make the playoffs and as of right now they are in a playoff spot. This is what Blake and TM wanted, not to prepare QB for down the road. If any of the older 1st round centers the Kings drafted in the years before him had actually been able seize a spot by now he might not even be playing in the role he's in now.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Interesting notes from LAKI:

The Kings have won eight of the last 10 head-to-head matchups against the Red Wings, including three of the last four in Detroit. LA had a record-setting performance the last time these teams met, as the Kings tied a franchise record for shots in a single period, with 27, in a 4-0 victory on home ice. Dustin Brown led the way with two assists in that game, while four different Kings scored in the victory.

The Kings enter tonight’s action on the cusp of the best six-game roadtrip in franchise history. LA has already tied its best six-game trip with eight points, and with one or two points this evening, would set an internal record for most points collected from a six away from home.

Sounds like no changes coming to the lineup either.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA

I agree with you generally, but I do think that Vilardi still has a shot of making the big club again. We've seen the Kings do this with a number of top prospects, give them a taste of the NHL, then send them back to Ontario to work on getting better (See Kupari, Clague, Kaliyev, Byfield). Vilardi came in two seasons ago and started producing, and the Kings had a need that he filled for a time, so he never went back to Ontario for a second development spell. I hope he comes back in a few weeks and grabs the bull by the horns. Turcotte and Fagemo will likely follow this pattern.

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
I agree with you generally, but I do think that Vilardi still has a shot of making the big club again. We've seen the Kings do this with a number of top prospects, give them a taste of the NHL, then send them back to Ontario to work on getting better (See Kupari, Clague, Kaliyev, Byfield). Vilardi came in two seasons ago and started producing, and the Kings had a need that he filled for a time, so he never went back to Ontario for a second development spell. I hope he comes back in a few weeks and grabs the bull by the horns. Turcotte and Fagemo will likely follow this pattern.
I hope GV gets a recall but the Kings are still crowded.

Kupari, Grundstrom, L. Andersson when he returns.

I’d rather see GV but I’m not sure it will be this year. Maybe after the deadline?

I think the brass wants the Reign to have a long playoff run.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan

I respectfully disagree.

The Kings are in a playoff race and have a pretty large hole on the roster that they have tried to fill with a lot of younger players, if they thought Gabe was the guy I think he'd be up right now in a role that ideally he fits pretty well, a lower-pressure scoring role on a bottom six next to a center with elite talent and a consistent 20G speedster on the other side, you couldn't ask for a better role for Gabe, but for some reason they won't do it.

Gabe is in his D+5 and turns 23 later this year, he is kind of past development stage, especially with a season in the NHL already. I wish they would give him a shot, because I think he'd provide more offense than the guys who have tried and not worked out (Kupari, Brown, Turcotte, Grundstrom, Andersson) but it just seems that for whatever reason (likely skating), they don't think he can be an asset for the current team.

Reactions: lumbergh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad