GDT: 2021-22 season game 47 LA Kings vs Detroit Red Wings @4:30pm 2/2/22

RaymondReddington

Sep 21, 2020
My mind just went to a weird fantasy world where the Kings fired Todd McClellan and hired GBH as head coach. Not sure I liked what I saw there....
I would LOVE the Kings to fire Todd and hire Joel Quenneville.

(please, don't preach moral certitude regarding any job in a league that just allowed Evander Kane to get hired and way above the minimum .. Joel broke no laws, unlike Kane)

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA

(please, don't preach moral certitude regarding any job in a league that just allowed Evander Kane to get hired and way above the minimum .. Joel broke no laws, unlike Kane)

If your league allows your friend to jump off a bridge, does that mean you should jump off too?

Reactions: KingLB

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014

That’s a weird argument. His involvement in the scandal means he’s not getting an NHL job in the near future or likely ever. No one that was in that infamous meeting should ever play in the game again. Two lives were destroyed, a third has just come forward and who knows how many more there will be. The moral argument is incredibly weighty. It’s such a completely different situation than Evander Kane. The terms of his pay off from Florida probably stops him going to another team for a certain period of time also.

Which laws did Kane break? Genuine question because I don’t recall.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Which teams in the West?

Let's not pretend that Colorado and Minnesota have anything in common with Seattle and Arizona just because they're all in "The West"

San Jose is the hump they need to get over. Those games always seem to come at crucial moments, and they play them 3 times in 8 days in mid-March.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Dating back to 2019-20, the Kings have three wins against the Sharks in their last 12 meetings.

Even with the personnel changes you can tell they still get up for us. I'd be curious to see those numbers since the 2014 playoffs and the reverse sweep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad