GDT: 2021-22 Season game 1 LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @7:30pm 10/14/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Yeah I get it. I'm one of the few people on this board who likes soccer and I actually sit next to the supporters group when I go to Galaxy games and I've sat with them for US national team games and its something that's a lot of fun for me. But I know that's not for everyone and I know there are several people on this board who despise anything soccer related.

If I was a season ticket holder sitting near them I'd be pretty pissed, I go to games to see hockey and not having drums beating the entire game. I see what the Kings are trying to do, but this is something I don't think will win over fans knowing that hockey fans in general can be pretty anal about these kind of things.

I like soccer but this is hockey. There is way more going on with line changes etc...than in a soccer game. Way more scoring chances and shots on goal. Hitting. It is unnecessary and obviously the result of some young dipshit going to an LA FC game and thinking this would be great.

It's cool outdoors at a soccer game. It's f***ing Poochie at a hockey game.

DrHansReinhardt

Nov 12, 2019
Drafting 14th
I was at the game on Thursday. We sat in the 200s catty corner from the drum section so it wasn't very loud. I couldn't understand the words. I remember commenting on it a couple times and admittedly tapping my toe. It kinda sounded cool, but I wasn't close enough for it to overpower. I joked 'how did they smuggle those drums in?!'. It must have been OK'd.
I can see that being really annoying up close. Not only do they drum and chant but they constantly wave giant flags, at least 3 of them. I would lose my shit if I ended up obstructed by those flags. That whole section must be on board with it.

DrHansReinhardt

Nov 12, 2019
Drafting 14th
my guess would be they are trying to give him a bit of a different identity since the last guy was fired for sexual misconduct or whatever it was....
the new Bailey was really subdued compared to the old one. I commented during the game a couple times 'where's Bailey' and it seemed like the aforementioned drum section stole some of Baileys thunder. He had his little drum but hardly used it.
His new doo looks ridiculous. I walked past him on the concourse and thought about talking shit about his cut. Dude in the costume is like 6'4' though haha so I held back. I'm 6'2 and his shoulders were higher than mine.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Bailey's inspiration:

60cf39a9-a61a-4853-a069-9b2d540c0929.gif

mbar

Dec 7, 2006
Los Angeles
Regarding the in-game experience...these dudes they have playing the drums and chanting throughout the play are f***ing horrible. They are maybe three sections over from me and a complete nuisance.

This isn't a soccer game. There is enough action to focus on without the need for incessant drumming and horrible chants. When I say horrible chants, they did "This is LA, our city our home etc..." over and over with drums behind it for a solid three minutes straight. Their playing f***ing Tom Sawyer over the speakers for f***s sake and these clowns are banging their dumb jungle drums.

People might like it when the Kings are kicking ass but boy oh boy is it going to be even more annoying when the Kings are losing 3-0 in a 75% full arena and these jagoffs are having a hippie drum circle all game.

I personally prefer the attempts at fan generated atmosphere (that’s what a supporters group is) to all the corporate bulls hit that happens at kings games now (flex cam, kiss cam, tshirt toss blah blah blah. ). At least that section are just fans. Give them time to figure it out. Although I can understand adjacent fans being annoyed. It does exist in European ice hockey.

It’s truly awesome and adds to the experience at mls soccer matches.

mbar

Dec 7, 2006
Los Angeles
Also, fwiw, I think the team FO is trying to grow that group. I saw adds for $20 per game season tickets for that “royal army” section where they “stand, chant, cheer, etc. )

my money is on the FO blinking in the face of complaints from other ticket holders.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Also, fwiw, I think the team FO is trying to grow that group. I saw adds for $20 per game season tickets for that “royal army” section where they “stand, chant, cheer, etc. )

my money is on the FO blinking in the face of complaints from other ticket holders.
i mean if they want to stand chant and cheer, by all means.. just no drums please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad