2021-22 Scoring Leaders #2

2021-22 Scoring Leaders #2

• Total voters

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
Draisaitl. Being attached to McDavid on the PP is too much of an advantage over the others. That's not to say he's not a great player in his own right but that's clearly an advantage over the others he enjoys.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
I think Kucherov has a wicked season and goes toe to toe with McDavid. I see Draisaitl being on his own line a lot more this season with the addition of Hyman, but he still nets over 90 points if healthy.

I'm not saying that MacKinnon is injury prone, but he rarely seems to play a full season and so that will hurt him in this poll.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I think Kucherov has a wicked season and goes toe to toe with McDavid. I see Draisaitl being on his own line a lot more this season with the addition of Hyman, but he still nets over 90 points if healthy.

I'm not saying that MacKinnon is injury prone, but he rarely seems to play a full season and so that will hurt him in this poll.

McDavid and Draisaitl rarely play together outside of the PP already, so where’s this 35 point regression coming from?

Reactions: The Moose is Loose

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Dr. Drai then Kucherov. Gets interesting after that, likely MacKinnon.

Reactions: Morrison

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Is that actually going to happen? Or will the Oilers once again stack that top line with McDavid and Draisaitl, plus Hyman, and then go with whatever is left over to hopefully produce secondary scoring?

Reactions: Dingo

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Is that actually going to happen? Or will the Oilers once again stack that top line with McDavid and Draisaitl, plus Hyman, and then go with whatever is left over to hopefully produce secondary scoring?

there are enough weapons to have options now.

Drai-McDavid-Pulju
Hyman-RNH-Yamamoto

or even drop Yammo to the third line and bump Foegele up.

point is - still have options to make a pretty dang solid top six even if Drai isn't on his own line.

His pace over the last three seasons is 105, 110, and 123 points. Buddy banking on a 30 point drop for no reason is kinda weird.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
This is something I can agree. Hyman, RNH, Foegele aren't good enough and we would need an internal growth from Holloway, McLeod, Pulju and Yamamoto to prevent McDavid and Drai from playing on the same line. Adding another player who's a tier above RNH/Hyman like Kessel would really move the Oilers to a new level of offense.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
McDavid and Draisaitl rarely play together outside of the PP already, so where’s this 35 point regression coming from?

I'm not sure why Oilers fans keep trying to claim this when we have the numbers. They were put together again at the end of the season, and Draisaitl played 40% of his even strength time with McDavid and scored 65% of his even strength points with McDavid on the ice. Without McDavid, Draisaitl had an ES P/60 of 1.87. If he played all his ES ice time last year without McDavid and kept the same P/60, he would have had 30 ES points last year instead of 51, which would make his total points 63 instead of 84. 63 points in 56 games comes to a pace of 92 points.

I don't think this would happen, as I doubt they ever stay apart completely and Draisaitl's linemates should be more productive this year, but the reasoning isn't without merit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dingo

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Driasaitl outscored every player in the NHL last season other than McDavid by at least 15 points

Kuch was injured. Playoff Kuch was better than McDavid or Drai.

He was magical out there. Mcd>Kuch>who cares

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
there are enough weapons to have options now.

Drai-McDavid-Pulju
Hyman-RNH-Yamamoto

or even drop Yammo to the third line and bump Foegele up.

point is - still have options to make a pretty dang solid top six even if Drai isn't on his own line.

His pace over the last three seasons is 105, 110, and 123 points. Buddy banking on a 30 point drop for no reason is kinda weird.
Actually his pace last season was 128 points. He got 110 points in 71 games

Making the 90 point prediction even more unlikely

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad