Speculation: 2021-22 Roster Discussion Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
I'd give Tracey a few NHL games is to build his confidence up that he can still make it as a top6 forward someday.
l project him as a middle six scorer with the chance he could become a 2nd line winger but is Perreault is making him look better in the AHL?

My response to this is no because they don’t play on the same line at even strength, but I could be misunderstanding your question

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Reactions: AngelDuck

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I'd give Tracey a few NHL games is to build his confidence up that he can still make it as a top6 forward someday.
l project him as a middle six scorer with the chance he could become a 2nd line winger but is Perreault is making him look better in the AHL ?
I'd give him a couple games as well.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I mean this whole little thing started based on steel not jumping into a skirmish, which given the circumstances was irrational at best. Outside of that I don’t think people have cared too much of people talk down on steel.

theres people that will defend steel and hope he can get better, but I don’t think anyone is on the forums talking about how amazing steel is or going to be…. More that they like his attitude and effort despite things not going his way and that he can still become an effective nhl player if he continues working at it
This. I’m on record as saying I’m doing the same with Steel as I did with Terry, which is give him this year to see if he can make progress. Terry had 7 points in his first 22 games last year, going scoreless in 18 of them. Steel has 5 in 18. That doesn’t mean Steel is gonna be Terry, but it also doesn’t mean that he can’t figure out how to be an effective 3rd line player. That’s my upside for him right now, but his future is in his hands.

There are absolutely certain posters who will ignore 95% of a player’s shifts and then leap in immediately at their first mistake to point out how they’re terrible. Being called out on that isn’t the person saying that the player is #TheNextCrosby, it’s pointing out that the posting style can be tiresome. That’s not limited to Steel by any stretch of the imagination.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Clague is kind of their Mahura, maybe slightly better defensively. The difference being, they don’t have a Lindholm or a Fowler on the left side.

Honestly, their defense is terrible. Absolutely zero competent offense outside of Doughty
Mahura would be like their 4th best defensemen :sarcasm:

Reactions: AngelDuck

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Clague is kind of their Mahura, maybe slightly better defensively. The difference being, they don’t have a Lindholm or a Fowler on the left side.

Honestly, their defense is terrible. Absolutely zero competent offense outside of Doughty
I think Durzi is good offensively

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I think Durzi is good offensively
He is but is their management going to allow him to be a fixture?

regardless, they need a top pairing LhD. They should have traded Turcotte and Vilardi for Girard. Not sure that even gets it done anymore

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
l project him as a middle six scorer with the chance he could become a 2nd line winger but is Perreault is making him look better in the AHL ?

I'd only let Tracey up this year if it's dire, which it looks like it's shortly turning out to become. What he's doing now in the AHL compared to last year should already speak volumes that he's got potential to be a top-6 forward. Remember last year he scored 0 p0ints b/c he wasn't ready for it. He's finally getting a groove down in the AHL. Let him stew longer and have that consistency in his game. No need to rush him up b/c he's still learning to play against men.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Id put rakell with those two and terry with zegras.
The all american line. Milano/Zegras/Terry. That would be a lot of slick plays.
With both Getz/Henrique out they gotta run 2 lines and concede they won't have much of a 3rd line.
Des/Steel/Carrick 3rd line. Grant with whoever they call up.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
The all american line. Milano/Zegras/Terry. That would be a lot of slick plays.
With both Getz/Henrique out they gotta run 2 lines and concede they won't have much of a 3rd line.
Des/Steel/Carrick 3rd line. Grant with whoever they call up.
We don't have talent depth to not stack our lines anymore.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
So what do you guys think the Terry line will look like next game without potentially Henrique and Getzlaf?

Terry-Steel-?

xx - C Steel - RW Terry

There are some options here still for the Ducks.

• Option 1. Lettieri is listed as C/RW. He can possibly play LW, moving him from the 4th line up to the Steel-Terry line. Then we can put in big boy Buddy Robison at RW on the fourth line.
  • Option 2. Call up C Groulx and play him LW with Steel-Terry. Groulx has played LW with Getz-Terry earlier this season, iirc. It gives that line another player that can take faceoffs as well as play center on the PK unit.
  • Option 3. Call up LW Tracey.

Since we're going on a 5-game road trip, I'd like to bring up Groulx to have another potential center on the ready.

We don't play until Monday, the 6th. Was the hit on Henrique at the end of the 1st or 2nd period? I thought it was at the end of the 1st period, but he played in the 2nd period. Maybe he did get hit at the end of the 2nd period. Rico might have had his clock cleaned by the cheap shot artists Flames and was held out for precautionary reasons. But that would be an UBI, not a LBI. Let's hope that Rico is available to play. I would still call up Groulx and send Robinson back down b/c it is a 5-game road trip.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
No Rico on the trip, but Getz maybe on the trip? Both are injured and are taking roster spots. We have RW Robinson up with the team. Guess we're going to go big and heavy on the fourth line and promote Lettieri to LW with Steel-Terry?
  • Grant-Lundy-Silf
  • Milano-Zegras-Rakell
  • Lettieri-Steel-Terry
  • Des-Carrick-Robinson
That's my guess for tomorrow night's game. Well, afternoon for us b/c it'll be at 4pm pacific.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Practice lines:

Milano-Zegras-Rakell
Lettieri-Steel-Terry
Grant-Lundestrom-Silfverberg
Deslauriers-Carrick-Robinson

Expect another forward to be called up soon.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Tracey just posted a video of him on a plane...... Maybe he's getting a look?

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Sounds like Rico is even further off than Getzy. He is confirmed to not be on the trip, not sure about Getzy

Reactions: bsu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad