Salary Cap: 2021-22 Roster and Transactions General

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
You have to choose between building a contending team or providing fan service. The Isles managed to get into the 2nd round round of the playoffs and arguably gave the Bolts tougher time than the Cats with only Barzal in the top50 so those player rankings, especially with wingers, have very little to do with actual on ice success. The Isles are in better shape than they were with Tavares who is ranked higher than Barzal. You couldn't care less about the rankings because they are only about fan service, they aim to please the mob so to say. But ofc GMs do not, or at least they shouldn't, look at what some pencil neck at the TSN office thinks about when they assemble their teams.

Why Weegar would settle for $6mil per? The dude was 8th in the Norris voting. If he hits the FA market he'll be getting at least $9mil per. Whether you like or not, he's in the same category with Nurse, Jones and Hamilton.
Once again, it’s about the right amount of money. $8-9M is way too much. That’s what you pay someone like Ekblad that you build around. Weegar is not that guy. $7.5M is still too much. $5M would be a good deal for Panthers and anything over $6M would be a good deal for Weegar. Weegs is that Stephen Weiss first liner. You take it if you got nothing else but he’s not it.

Based on my years of eye test, and my eye sight is fine, thank you.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Once again, it’s about the right amount of money. $8-9M is way too much. That’s what you pay someone like Ekblad that you build around. Weegar is not that guy. $7.5M is still too much. $5M would be a good deal for Panthers and anything over $6M would be a good deal for Weegar. Weegs is that Stephen Weiss first liner. You take it if you got nothing else but he’s not it.

Based on my years of eye test, and my eye sight is fine, thank you.

You're not making a compelling case here. You already have the dollar amount in your mind and then you trying to find flimsy evidence for it, like referring to Weiss like he's somehow relevant to this.
I don't believe you. Post the results of your 20/20 vision test here.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
You're not making a compelling case here. You already have the dollar amount in your mind and then you trying to find flimsy evidence for it, like referring to Weiss like he's somehow relevant to this.
I don't believe you. Post the results of your 20/20 vision test here.
You don’t need to believe me. I just need to ask myself “would I build a franchise D around Weegar?” The answer is no. So he doesn’t get $7.5M or more.

If the question is, do I think he’s a good D that I’d like to keep? The answer is yes.

Reactions: danktopshelf

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
You have to choose between building a contending team or providing fan service. The Isles managed to get into the 2nd round round of the playoffs and arguably gave the Bolts tougher time than the Cats with only Barzal in the top50 so those player rankings, especially with wingers, have very little to do with actual on ice success. The Isles are in better shape than they were with Tavares who is ranked higher than Barzal. You couldn't care less about the rankings because they are only about fan service, they aim to please the mob so to say. But ofc GMs do not, or at least they shouldn't, look at what some pencil neck at the TSN office thinks about when they assemble their teams.

Why Weegar would settle for $6mil per? The dude was 8th in the Norris voting. If he hits the FA market he'll be getting at least $9mil per. Whether you like or not, he's in the same category with Nurse, Jones and Hamilton.

Little to do with actual on ice success? Huby's line is just as good as Barkov's line. We have two 1st lines. That line was also our best tonight. I mean I don't know why you're still so hard on Huby. A few years ago, I could understand. But he's made decent strides in his defensive game. He hits. He plays on our pk. That pass he made to set up Sam's 2nd goal was unreal. He's without doubt a top 20 player. I don't care about tsn or nhl rankings. They're always off with Barky and Ek. But they just happen to be right with Huby.

As far as the Isles go, a lot of dynamics there. Lou and trotz came in that same summer and completely changed the culture there. Theyve embraced his defensive style and 'us vs world ' mentality. You do what works. Clearly having a dynamic offense, a great transition game, and up tempo hockey is what works for us. We need Huby for that. He's critical and he's also the catalyst of our pp.

Oh, Weegar is far better than Hamilton. Which is why I'm confident he would get 8M, at least, on the open market and thats too rich for our blood. I mean you're comfortable with giving Weegar 9M and then in 2025 re-upping Ek for at least in the same range, maybe even more? I mean we all love Weegar but that's too much. That 9M can be better allocated.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad