Prospect Info: 2021-22 Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Hasn't been much for news here lately. Are all of our CHL propects done for the year or between series?

I was wondering the same thing, so I checked the Q playoff schedule for the next round. It says:

SHAWINIGAN vs. QUEBEC
Wednesday, May 25, 2022 – Shawinigan @ Quebec, 7 pm ET.
Thursday, May 26, 2022 – Shawinigan @ Quebec, 7 pm ET.
Sunday, May 29, 2022 – Quebec @ Shawinigan, 5 pm ET.
Monday, May 30, 2022 – Charlottetown @ Shawinigan, 7 pm ET *If necessary.

So tomorrow we get another Bourgault game, and then if NECESSARY Charlottetown will pinch-hit for Quebec in game 4 to really put the Cataractes to the test. AMIDOINITRITE? Hey QMJHL if you’re hiring I could definitely write copy for ya.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
What a release that was.

Hopefully in about 3 years we'll see Borgo and Petrov on the same line with the Oilers. It could be very entertaining.

Reactions: oilers'72

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Great. The goaltending woes of this organization will never end.
Meh.

Remember he is a smaller over-ager that really hasn't shown much since we drafted him.

Would prefer to keep him at least another year or two but don't think this makes a big difference at this exact point in time.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Great. The goaltending woes of this organization will never end.

There was someone who mentioned they thought the reason the Oilers signed Fanti is because Konovalov was going to potentially return to Russia because he didn’t want to be in the AHL.

I forgot who it was.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Kono was still a relatively unknown quantity in the organization but this is not good news. The team seems to have so much trouble building up some pressure in the goaltender pipeline. Definitely need some compression.

I wonder though if he really gave North America a fair chance. He had potential but he had to win a job with the Oilers.

Well, good luck to him and as for the club its time to look forward to the draft and take at long look at some tenders.

Last edited:

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
There was someone who mentioned they thought the reason the Oilers signed Fanti is because Konovalov was going to potentially return to Russia because he didn’t want to be in the AHL.

I forgot who it was.
Hopefully it wasn't a reaction to Konovalov leaving and more that Fanti looked better than him.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Less than ideal

Skinner should have been in the NHL full time next year and Kono AHL starter and NHL call up

Not a devastating loss, but he had some very solid stats and comparables, and this is just a lost lottery ticket

Although I do have skinner as the better bet

Maybe he follows a Koskinen etc career and comes back to the NHL in 3 years once he can land a full time gig

Tough to blame him going back home, as the AHL isnt the most fun place to carve your teeth

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
When Olivier Rodrigue is your best AHL prospect in net. You know your in trouble.
Hopefully Fanti is ok, but I fully expect a vet 3rd string now along with couple goalies this draft.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
I don’t think Konovalov going home is as big a loss as some are making it out to be. He had a nice season that lead to him being drafted but he’s seemingly regressed every year since, even losing his starting gig to Eddie Pasquale the year before coming over. Rodrigue is a better prospect, so it’s better for his development to be splitting starts with the veteran goalie I assume will be coming in free agency versus having an ugly three headed monster going in Bakersfield next year.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

I forgot who it was.
That seems unlikely to me. I'd bet on Fanti being the ECHL guy next season.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Sucks to lose Konovalov, but with the Oilers in position to go with Smith/Skinner next year in net, I'd much rather an NHL vet option as 3rd string vs. another prospect.

I'd expect to see one of Wedgewood, Domingue, Kinkaid, Tokarski or Pickard singed. Basically a goalie that you can sneak through waivers, but has the experience of playing 100+ games and starting half a season at the NHL level.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
For whatever reason, Russian drafted players don’t seem to work out here. Trying to think of the last one to stick and have a decent career with us. Drawing a blank.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
For whatever reason, Russian drafted players don’t seem to work out here. Trying to think of the last one to stick and have a decent career with us. Drawing a blank.
How can you ever forget the last 2 weeks of his rookie season when Nail Yakupov filled the net in garbage time.:D

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
I believe that Bogdan Yakimov will no longer be an Oiler prospect by the end of the season. Patrik Siikanen was released due to a lack of scoring and missing almost half the season at JYP.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
I believe that Bogdan Yakimov will no longer be an Oiler prospect by the end of the season. Patrik Siikanen was released due to a lack of scoring and missing almost half the season at JYP.
I believe Yakimov’s rights will technically be the Oilers until he retires unless the NHL and KHL somehow agree on a transfer agreement which seems very unlikely given everything going on. Due to the lack of an agreement KHL players rights are held indefinitely unless they sign a NHL contract that would meet the requirements for them to become a UFA when it expires. CapFriendly has the best resource for this imo, but they’ve strangely got his blank.

Reactions: oilers'72

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I believe Yakimov’s rights will technically be the Oilers until he retires unless the NHL and KHL somehow agree on a transfer agreement which seems very unlikely given everything going on. Due to the lack of an agreement KHL players rights are held indefinitely unless they sign a NHL contract that would meet the requirements for them to become a UFA when it expires. CapFriendly has the best resource for this imo, but they’ve strangely got his blank.

At 27 he will be a UFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad