Prospect Info: 2021-22 Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Watched the Providence vs Vermont game tonight. Wanted to take a look at Munzenberger and Mazura.

My first live look at both

Mazura didn't play much. Which has been the case all year. He was centring the Friars 4th line. He has nice size, but definitely needs to fill out. He didn't really impact the game in any way, but one note, I liked his wheels. Looked big and quick. He's a project. Going to a deep, veteran Providence team will lead to him not seeing much ice this year. I love that Program though and I think he'll see an increased role as the years go on.

Munzenberger was certainly more involved in the game. The Cats use him in a defence first role, which suits him. He's got a nice blend of size and speed. He uses a long stick and defends laterally very well. He's hard to beat wide. He also closes gaps well and can disrupt the cycle with his frame and good positioning. He looked quite poised despite it being early in his college career and early in his time in NA. On the offensive end, he didn't bring much. He can move the puck up ice decently, but the lack of puck skills is apparent. Overall I liked what I saw. He's certainly a modern defenceman. The WJC will give us a really good look.
Good report
Thx for the update

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
What I love about the Holland regime is that they're emphasizing skill.
A kid like Petrov who has high level skill sitting there in the 6th is a gift and was probably sitting there because of the Russian factor. I don't think previous regimes would have taken the chance.

For years, we talked about the Oilers lack of skill in the system (outside of the obvious top 4 picks) specifically goal scorers. Well in a matter of two years, we now have Savoie, Bourgault and Petrov, all guys that are lethal goal scorers at their respective levels with NHL level shots. Not to mention Holloway who became quite the goal scorer last season although I don't expect him to be a big goal scorer at the NHL level. I just love their drafting for the most part the last few years.

Reginald Dunlop

Apr 8, 2014
What I love about the Holland regime is that they're emphasizing skill.
A kid like Petrov who has high level skill sitting there in the 6th is a gift and was probably sitting there because of the Russian factor. I don't think previous regimes would have taken the chance.

For years, we talked about the Oilers lack of skill in the system (outside of the obvious top 4 picks) specifically goal scorers. Well in a matter of two years, we now have Savoie, Bourgault and Petrov, all guys that are lethal goal scorers at their respective levels with NHL level shots. Not to mention Holloway who became quite the goal scorer last season although I don't expect him to be a big goal scorer at the NHL level. I just love their drafting for the most part the last few years.
Trading down in the draft for Savoie AND Tullio is my favourite low key Ken Holland move

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Trading down in the draft for Savoie AND Tullio is my favourite low key Ken Holland move

Agreed. I remember thinking at the time that it was a steal and such a savvy move considering that they had so few picks in that draft and he winds up getting prospects that a lot of us liked at the time and were "fallers" in the draft.

Also, and I know everybody loved Wallstedt, but trading down and still getting Bourgault could prove to be a nice little move too especially if Skinner establishes himself as a #1.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Jeremias Lindewall had no points, no shots, was even, threw a hit and played 10:51 over 17 shifts, as MoDo won 2-1 over BIK.
https://statnet-reports.hockeyallsv.../reports/20211121-MODO-BIK-PostGameReport.pdf
Maxim Beryozkhin had no points, 2 shots, was even, got called for cross checking amd played 8:52 over 13 shifts, as Neftekhimik shut out Lokomotiv 1-0.
Game summary: Neftekhimik - Lokomotiv : Kontinental Hockey League (KHL)
Matvey Petrov had 2 goals and an assist, 3 shots, was +3 and named 2nd star, as North Bay won 7-4 over Niagara.
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League
Xavier Bourgault had no points, 4 shots (2 considered dangerous), was +1 and threw a hit, as Drummondville beat Shawinigan 6-1.
LHJMQ – Incluant la couverture en direct des matchs, des clips audio et vidéo nouvelles exclusives, billets, statistiques, classements, horaires et autres.
Ty Tullio had the OT winner, 6 shots, was -1, won 1 of 7 faceoffs, got called for checking from behind and was named 3rd star, as Oshawa beat Kingston 4-3.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Jeremias Lindewall had no points, no shots, was even, threw a hit and played 10:51 over 17 shifts, as MoDo won 2-1 over BIK.
https://statnet-reports.hockeyallsv.../reports/20211121-MODO-BIK-PostGameReport.pdf
Maxim Beryozkhin had no points, 2 shots, was even, got called for cross checking amd played 8:52 over 13 shifts, as Neftekhimik shut out Lokomotiv 1-0.
Game summary: Neftekhimik - Lokomotiv : Kontinental Hockey League (KHL)
Matvey Petrov had 2 goals and an assist, 3 shots, was +3 and named 2nd star, as North Bay won 7-4 over Niagara.
Xavier Bourgault had no points, 4 shots (2 considered dangerous), was +1 and threw a hit, as Drummondville beat Shawinigan 6-1.
LHJMQ – Incluant la couverture en direct des matchs, des clips audio et vidéo nouvelles exclusives, billets, statistiques, classements, horaires et autres.
Ty Tullio had the OT winner, 6 shots, was -1, won 1 of 7 faceoffs, got called for checking from behind and was named 3rd star, as Oshawa beat Kingston 4-3.

great work as usual pal.
I would like to change your name when your on assignment to Agent Oilers 72. Keep up the great work . I’m secret agent 007
89DAECD2-C40B-4B25-81AA-C2CC46E4CBC1.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad