Prospect Info: 2021-22 Prospect Thread (CHL, NCAA, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cake Malar

Oct 14, 2017
The fact that neither guy has Annunen in their Top-10 is kind of funny. He's a better prospect than at least 5 guys on each of their lists.
They were just evaluating skaters. They explained it at the beginning of the podcast. Both are really high on Annunen.

Reactions: Chiarelli

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
I don’t see what others see in Barron …. What am I missing? Is he our unanimous #1 prospect I didn’t think so ?

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
I think if Annunen improves his lateral quickness he will be a legit NHL guy. But he definitely has to improve that or else he will just be a good AHL/ 3rd goalie option.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don’t see what others see in Barron …. What am I missing? Is he our unanimous #1 prospect I didn’t think so ?

Size, skating and puck ability. He has all the tools to be a NHL defensemen, it is about rounding them out and getting his mind and reads correct. I get why people like Barron and pump his tires... I just don't see more than a #4D in his game. Not skilled enough and not good enough defensively.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Size, skating and puck ability. He has all the tools to be a NHL defensemen, it is about rounding them out and getting his mind and reads correct. I get why people like Barron and pump his tires... I just don't see more than a #4D in his game. Not skilled enough and not good enough defensively.

I think his ceiling is the highest of any of our prospects (he still has #2 potential even if it is unlikely) and I think he is an NHL level defender right now. I get his IQ concerns to being more than a #4, but I if he had the right mentor he could round out some of his errors to become a #3. I think the difference between him being a #3 and #4 is cleaning up his own end and decision making defensively. His speed, stick skill and offensive ability all help to make him the top defensive prospect and I personally buy into him as much as Behrens. Size and speed allows for a lot more wiggle room.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Works for me, that's still a top-four defender. And that's precisely the defenseman the Avs are missing with both MacDonald and Byram out.

That said, if you can get something substantial for him via trade, I think you do it.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think his ceiling is the highest of any of our prospects (he still has #2 potential even if it is unlikely) and I think he is an NHL level defender right now. I get his IQ concerns to being more than a #4, but I if he had the right mentor he could round out some of his errors to become a #3. I think the difference between him being a #3 and #4 is cleaning up his own end and decision making defensively. His speed, stick skill and offensive ability all help to make him the top defensive prospect and I personally buy into him as much as Behrens. Size and speed allows for a lot more wiggle room.

IMO Barron ends up a better skating Graves. That's a good player, but still a 4.

Works for me, that's still a top-four defender. And that's precisely the defenseman the Avs are missing with both MacDonald and Byram out.

That said, if you can get something substantial for him via trade, I think you do it.

I'd be okay with moving Barron. He's not going to help in a significant way in this window... and he's not a key piece to a potential next window. If you can shore up today and the next year or two by moving him, I say do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad