Lapland
1656459503529.png

saadly wrong, proving he half follows this team

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
What a year for Dallas prospects.

I’m definitely eating crow from the draft. But I don’t think anyone could’ve predicted this kind of success.

I think Grushnikov is the real deal and plays a mature game that you could see translating to a top 4 role within a few years.

Stranges was really fun to watch this year. Arcuri and Roulette were great. Not to mention Sjoberg and Ljungman had pretty good years overseas.
They won’t all pan out but I can’t remember having this many exciting prospects at once. This draft could be the cherry on top

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
🙄. Better hide this from MrHeiskanen or his head will explode.
I know I have a pretty negative outlook on everything in general , but this shows how clueless Saad truly is, this is the same guy that was beating his chest last year about being the "beat writer" and 90% of his takes are Pejorative Slured to begin with but this is just Shameful. His entire job is to write about the team, this is like Dave strader calling roussel, Dominic all the time.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB

I’m definitely eating crow from the draft. But I don’t think anyone could’ve predicted this kind of success.

I think Grushnikov is the real deal and plays a mature game that you could see translating to a top 4 role within a few years.

Stranges was really fun to watch this year. Arcuri and Roulette were great. Not to mention Sjoberg and Ljungman had pretty good years overseas.
They won’t all pan out but I can’t remember having this many exciting prospects at once. This draft could be the cherry on top
Don't forget Martino

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW

I really hope Nill sticks to drafting high-skill forwards, because it has really been working out. He could always end up flipping some for defencemen if we end up with a surplus as well.

Reactions: Zapp and starsfan86

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I know I have a pretty negative outlook on everything in general , but this shows how clueless Saad truly is, this is the same guy that was beating his chest last year about being the "beat writer" and 90% of his takes are Pejorative Slured to begin with but this is just Shameful. His entire job is to write about the team, this is like Dave strader calling roussel, Dominic all the time.

Wasn't Strader . That was the Blackhawks PbP guy . He also allways called Rads Igor ( Rads brother who once upon a time played for the Hawks )

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Wasn't Strader . That was the Blackhawks PbP guy . He also allways called Rads Igor ( Rads brother who once upon a time played for the Hawks )
Strader did it before he was hired by the Stars, several times

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Memorial Cup game begins now

Game has started but the stream is not up yet

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Hamilton is down 4-1 late in the 2nd. Not playing well either

Right as I post that they make it 4-2. 9 seconds left in the 2nd

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA

Grushnikov named. Dammit.

Sick Gurianov burn. :sarcasm:

But seriously, this sucks. I would think the NHL guys have enough money and influence to get themselves out of this situation, though I'm not sure what the ultimate cost of that will be for them. With someone like Grushnikov, who knows where this ends up. Maybe he gets stuck playing in Russia next year as a result, but that's just my completely uneducated speculation. I think we can start to guage how serious this stuff is by how far someone like Mintyukov falls in the draft, since I would think this affects him as well.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

But seriously, this sucks. I would think the NHL guys have enough money and influence to get themselves out of this situation, though I'm not sure what the ultimate cost of that will be for them. With someone like Grushnikov, who knows where this ends up. Maybe he gets stuck playing in Russia next year as a result, but that's just my completely uneducated speculation. I think we can start to guage how serious this stuff is by how far someone like Mintyukov falls in the draft, since I would think this affects him as well.

Pre-war i think buying themselves out of his likely was no problem. Now the Russian government might want to try and force players to play in Russia as propaganda effort. Price might go up signficantly or the money might not matter anymore

Reactions: Starry Knight

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas

Man, I’m slipping. I didn’t know Marco Kasper was a real guy yesterday and I didn’t notice Gurianov because it was spelled differently today. Just a tough scene all around. But yeah, it’ll be very case by case. I wanna say Mintyukov and his family are located stateside though.

• Haha
Reactions: Satan

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Someone did report yesterday that Mintyukov stayed in North America this summer. I can't remember if was one of the insiders or someone else though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad