GWT: 2021-22 PL Matchweek 1

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
That second half was some game. One of the more physical premier league games there's been in awhile too.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Awesome. Shocking.

Fantastic games from Tangaga, Son, Lucas, and of course Hojberg.

Don't think I've seen that kind of intensity and pressure from Spurs in a long time. Winning challenges all over the pitch, tremendous effort today.

"Are you watching, Harry Kane?" lol

Reactions: Havre

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I didn't think Spurs played especially well, but that effort was heroic. And first time in years I have seen a Spurs team with discipline and concentration.

It is only one game, but this game could prove to be huge for Alli, Reguilon and Tanganga. They were all excellent and that is not something you could have said about Alli and Reguilon for a long long time. Also credit to the CDs, but it would be foolish to think they have suddenly learned how to defend.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
The only Spurs player I want to give a minus is Bergwijn. I think his decision-making is just absolutely trash.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
The only Spurs player I want to give a minus is Bergwijn. I think his decision-making is just absolutely trash.

Disagree. I think he is a very clever player, but he needs to get match fit. Fitness wise he looked OK today. On par with most other players - as expected in the first game.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
He was an incredibly useful outlet, created plenty of chances and made runs in behind that stopped City from sustaining pressure. How can you not be over the moon with how he played?

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Disagree. I think he is a very clever player, but he needs to get match fit. Fitness wise he looked OK today. On par with most other players - as expected in the first game.

I like him, but today wasn't the first time we've seen him have some trouble finishing. He was in and out of the lineup last season, hopefully he gets a more regular role now and can figure out his role. He brings a lot to the table.

Reactions: Havre

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Don't agree with that either. He is a very good finisher - just too fat last season to get into good positions.

You need to be fit to have the mental awareness to take good decisions and get into good positions. He looks sharper now.

A bit similar with Ndombele. When he was fat he looked completely lost. Then he got fit and at times played brilliantly. Hopefully he watched Alli tonight. Ndombele with the intensity Alli played with today would be unstoppable.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
So will Guardiola mention how Spurs can have the best defender in Serie A on the bench while they can't have players like that on the bench due to financial constraints?

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
He was an incredibly useful outlet, created plenty of chances and made runs in behind that stopped City from sustaining pressure. How can you not be over the moon with how he played?

I've never really fancied him much I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad