Speculation: 2021-22 LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster discussion part IV Playoffs? I Danault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
upload_2021-10-11_11-32-59.jpeg
upload_2021-10-11_11-34-0.jpeg
upload_2021-10-11_11-35-57.jpeg

DeficientMasculineCurassow-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Lt Dan

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Kings fans, Oiler fan coming in peace.

As someone who gambles I like to wager on some futures here and there. You have a rookie on your roster this year who is an ex, Oiler ish?, prospect. Just curious where Tkachev sits in your lineup? Any chance he might pull through for the Calder on the 13-1 odds he carries? Is he the next Russian “prospect” that everyone complains “isn’t actually a rookie though”? Thanks for the help

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

As someone who gambles I like to wager on some futures here and there. You have a rookie on your roster this year who is an ex, Oiler ish?, prospect. Just curious where Tkachev sits in your lineup? Any chance he might pull through for the Calder on the 13-1 odds he carries? Is he the next Russian “prospect” that everyone complains “isn’t actually a rookie though”? Thanks for the help

He's expected to play on the "3rd" line with Gabe Vilardi and Lias Andersson, but it was arguably the best line in all of preseason for the Kings.

I wouldn't expect him to win the Calder though. The Kings don't score enough or garner enough media hype, plus half the league is asleep when Kings games starts.

The Kings aren't fantasy hockey darlings.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Horrible jersey. Maybe they can sell advertising like Euro teams do, to add color. Plaster maybe 12 sponsors logos onto this horrid thing. Would make it look better, honestly.

Maybe the only kit in the league begging for jersey ads. Some serious 4d chess being played here by Luc.

At 13-1, I might take it. Problem is Kings are low-scoring, but he's Kaprizov-lite. But there will be a ton of promising rookies out there and all things being equal it will be a market not named LA; Tkachev would have to have a 10-15 point lead on the next guy to even be a thought (everyone's already awarded it to Zegras).

Reactions: Schrute farms

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
At 13-1, I might take it. Problem is Kings are low-scoring, but he's Kaprizov-lite. But there will be a ton of promising rookies out there and all things being equal it will be a market not named LA; Tkachev would have to have a 10-15 point lead on the next guy to even be a thought (everyone's already awarded it to Zegras).

*Caufield. West coast guys don't stand a chance.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

I like them. A modern version of the Gretzky era ones. Glad they're not going with the chrome helmets. I'm sure they'll look great on the ice.

And I will block any of you F'ers who say they should be the purple and gold! #oldlosingerabarneythedinosuarplayersdontlikethem

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Hate that all our jerseys look the same. Really hate the chrome helmets. Absolutely hideous.

love the reverse retros. Wish I could get my hands on one of those.

like the bow tie logo and like the purple and gold. I loved the Gretzky era colors but I think they should have left by now. The purple and gold is so much more vibrant and fun. We stand out in those colors.

I guess we get white wash coloring for a plain and white wash team. Fitting

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
I like the idea of chrome domes actually, curious to see if it'll play on TV. There was nothing wrong with the 90s jersies as is but I think the re-design actually looks pretty good overall. Chrome domes, some shine in the fabric, and white gloves? f*** it let's go. Kinda flashy/cocky. I think our incoming skill players will look pretty good playing in these, honestly.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I like them. A modern version of the Gretzky era ones. Glad they're not going with the chrome helmets. I'm sure they'll look great on the ice.

And I will block any of you F'ers who say they should be the purple and gold! #oldlosingerabarneythedinosuarplayersdontlikethem
They should be purple and gold. Fans love the purple and gold, and it's obvious despite Luc's shenanigans to reduce the sale of those jerseys to fans.

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
I think what they might do is have this as a third in the same way they introduced the current main jerseys as a third. Then next year they will do reverse retro again - which seems like an open secret at this point. That will probably be not too dissimilar from the last one - maybe a gold version? Then they will drop a black version of this new third jersey, and turn them into the mains - and the third jerseys will be the reverse retros. Maybe both of them.

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
Well, I'm a fat dude, so none of these 3rd jersey's are in my size anyhow. I can take it or leave it. It's a look.

Reactions: kingsfan

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Oh damn. I thought it wasn't that bad, but now with a closer look, it's terrible.

Looks like one of those cheap counterfeit jerseys you see on those sketchy Chinese websites.

Very amateur looking.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Honestly, I like them going out on a limb with the glittery silver. However, I hate they decided to do it by exchanging the thick black elbow stripes.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC

If you’ve got money on Knight, Zegras and/or Caufield, Tkachev could be a decent option for a hedge bet. 13-1 could cover a decent wager on a front runner that misses. Honestly at 13-1, I think he’s a bit overrated, but I haven’t dove into the field. If you can get him at 20-1, that might be both a decent hedge and strong value.

Based on his preseason performance his stock has shot up from basically zero, given he was an unknown quantity. I think the Kaprizov comparison combined with his strong preseason may be inflating those odds. But he is older with a strong KHL track record, so he fits the profile.

My personal take is he gets some Calder votes at the end of the year, but he’s not a front runner by any means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad