Prospect Info: 2021-22 Kings Prospects in CHL/College/Europe part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Chromiak looked legit during Prospect camp and the exhibition games. I think he's going to be a steal assuming we don't somehow ruin him once we get our hands on him. I'm sure the Kings will do their best to stunt the offense out of him.

He really did, he looked a level above from a vision standpoint, visibly looked 'different' than the other guys, kind of already looked like a pro playing down a level in a way. Not that he was head and shoulders above skillwise or anything, just an 'it' factor.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
And yet still the leading scorer and +16 despite missing games on a mediocre team he's captaining and scrapping for the playoffs

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Oh look the worst guy is back. Ducks must not be entertaining enough at the moment so you have nothing better to do than hate the kings. Get a life chump
You wouldn't like me on the Ducks board either...I speak honestly there as well. I don't believe in the mantra that "thou shalt say no evil against prospects"

Reactions: ricardfromage

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
You wouldn't like me on the Ducks board either...I speak honestly there as well. I don't believe in the mantra that "thou shalt say no evil against prospects"
I didnt see you in here talking honestly when he was racking up points and saying hes a big time plus on the season. You just wanna be honest if its negative. You have to go both ways.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

This would be believable if you said literally anything else about him all season

I don't mind your criticisms, they're usually reasonable, but that's the only time you show your face--when the Kings or individuals are struggling.

Reactions: ricardfromage

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
This would be believable if you said literally anything else about him all season

I don't mind your criticisms, they're usually reasonable, but that's the only time you show your face--when the Kings or individuals are struggling.
In fairness, I didn't criticize him. I merely pointed out that he was a -5 in that game. I was actually surprised that no one else had mentioned that before I did.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
In fairness, I didn't criticize him. I merely pointed out that he was a -5 in that game. I was actually surprised that no one else had mentioned that before I did.

And I merely pointed out it's unfortunate that every time I see your username I don't even need to read the post to know it's going to be about someone in the Kings org doing something wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I've gone in hard on the team this year myself, I mean this to be constructive criticism.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
And I merely pointed out it's unfortunate that every time I see your username I don't even need to read the post to know it's going to be about someone in the Kings org doing something wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I've gone in hard on the team this year myself, I mean this to be constructive criticism.
Fair enough. But considerate this...if Iafallo or Brown were a -5 in a game there would be 15 pages on the GDT about it. Seems a little hypocritical.

And interestedly, I posted almost the exact same comment a couple of months ago on the Ducks board when Colangelo was a -3 in a game. Virtually identical. No one pushed back or criticized me. In fact, it might have even gotten a couple of likes.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Fair enough. But considerate this...if Iafallo or Brown were a -5 in a game there would be 15 pages on the GDT about it. Seems a little hypocritical.

And interestedly, I posted almost the exact same comment a couple of months ago on the Ducks board when Colangelo was a -3 in a game. Virtually identical. No one pushed back or criticized me. In fact, it might have even gotten a couple of likes.

1. a GDT where much of this forum is watching is a lot different than a drive-by observation on a guy we rarely get to see and

2. the GDTs regularly feature both criticism AND positive observations. You see plenty of pushback on either end.

I'm not saying don't post it, i just think your observations are a lot more meaningful when they're not just strictly about underperformances.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Chromiak with 1+1 so far today. He has 20 goals since March.1st. If Wright hasn’t started so slow and Chromiak hadn’t missed time for WJC + missed games from health, I wouldn’t be shocked if he could have gotten 60-65 goals. Perhaps puts himself in the position of being invited to Slovak WC camp, but there is a ton of competition in the bottom 6 and KGN will probably still be in playoffs than.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Clarke with 1 A and a minus-2 so far today.

Not absolving Clarke of responsibility, but the goaltending and team defense as a whole is pretty bad. For example, on one goal against, the goalie was prone (presumably on the puck) and the rest of the Colts were waiting for a whistle. The puck squirted out of the other side of the goalie, and a Petes player was the only one batting at the puck.

That wasn't even one of Clarke's minuses - he wasn't on the ice at the time.

One of his minuses that I saw (I'm switching back and forth between Kingston (Chromiak) and Barrie); there was an outnumbered attack coming Clarke's way. He was trying to do too much. His partner was covering the puck carrier. Clarke positioned himself as if he thought he could cover the two open players, which ended up putting him in no man's land.

I do think he's already further along than Durzi is now, for comparison. At least as far as defensive reads and incorporating skill with some structured play. But right now, I feel he is falling into the same trap as Durzi where he's playing beyond his means. It leads to learning opportunities and learning limits. But he's definitely more refined offensively than he is defensively.

Chromiak has two assists so far. It's definitely encouraging to be able to build some assist totals and not just goals. Maybe my childhood memories betray me, but there are some Kovalev vibes: you essentially have two different players in the same body. One is skilled; he's fast with a lethal shot and can carry the puck with little compromise to his speed. The other just doesn't move his feet or have any sense of urgency, particularly when the puck is coming back defensively.

These aren't atypical behaviors for prospects/young players. However, he needs to improve his consistency and tempo to give us a better picture of what he will be able to bring.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Another minus for Clarke. He was in the corner with the puck. He turned his body to protect the puck.

The Petes player crosschecked him into the back, knocking him down. No penalty called. The player then took the puck and passed it to the slot, leading to the goal.

So, some goals are on him. But minuses can be misleading.

As I write this, it looks like Clarke is injured. The game was getting chippy, and he got mixed in a scrum. He was pulled down and fell down awkwardly. He can't put any weight on his leg.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Another minus for Clarke. He was in the corner with the puck. He turned his body to protect the puck.

The Petes player crosschecked him into the back, knocking him down. No penalty called. The player then took the puck and passed it to the slot, leading to the goal.

So, some goals are on him. But minuses can be misleading.

As I write this, it looks like Clarke is injured. The game was getting chippy, and he got mixed in a scrum. He was pulled down and fell down awkwardly. He can't put any weight on his leg.
Of course this can only happen to the kings. Just freakin brutal.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i mean "twisted knee" isn't a medical term by any means, that could mean his knee is completely shredded and it's too swollen to MRI.. could also mean it's just a strain by that same definition. i wouldn't read into or speculate on that comment at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad