Injury Report: 2021-22 Injury/COVID Report: 04/28: Werenski, Blankenburg out

Status
Not open for further replies.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
All three out for tomorrow

Wouldn’t surprise me if Boone and Z are done
What I red Patrik and Zach only didn't train yesterday but that doesn't necessarily mean they won't play. Of course it's the big possibility they wont't be.

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio

I am going to start calling Boqvist - Mr Glass. He seems to get hurt every other game or practice. My biggest worry with him.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
According to the latest front and nationwide podcast, porty thinks Werenski has a jaw injury and expects him, Laine, and Jenner to miss the rest of the season

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
According to the latest front and nationwide podcast, porty thinks Werenski has a jaw injury and expects him, Laine, and Jenner to miss the rest of the season

That's two jaw injuries in a row for Zach? Is it a re-injury of whatever was messed up last month?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
With Jenner at his age I'm totally fine not seeing him until next year.

With Laine I was hoping to get some more evaluation time. He spends a lot of time either on the shelf or playing poorly. We still don't know nearly enough when it comes to what level of play we can expect on a given night from him.

Reactions: Byrral

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Saw a picture that Texier posted on his Instagram. Not sure when it’s taken, but he has no cast or anything on his finger. His finger appears to be better

Reactions: Xoggz22

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
S Jennerom v jeho veku som úplne v pohode, že ho uvidím až budúci rok.

S Laine som dúfal, že dostanem viac času na hodnotenie. Veľa času trávi buď na poličke, alebo sa zle hrá. Stále ešte ani zďaleka nevieme, akú úroveň hry od neho môžeme v daný večer očakávať.

Laine leads the scoring despite playing 20 fewer games than Bjorkie and 19 fewer games than Voracek. After his injury, it took him 5-6 games to find his conditioning. The fact that he had a few games off at the end of the season is logical, nobody is a robot (although I would like to see effort in every game). It speaks volumes about his qualities that apart from 2 empty net goals, the rest were always important. 7 game winners, 3 in OT. He has improved transition what is very important, similar like defense and play without the puck. According Voracek he must improve his confidence. More precisely Jakub said if he has confidence in himself he's unstoppable.

Last edited:

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
With Laine I was hoping to get some more evaluation time. He spends a lot of time either on the shelf or playing poorly. We still don't know nearly enough when it comes to what level of play we can expect on a given night from him.

To be fair I think this season he was one of the most consistent players on the team and based on this season alone, if he wasn't Laine I doubt we'd talk much about his inconsistency. Agree though that a full season would've been nice and his injury history is starting to get a bit concerning. I didn't even know he's had his left knee operated several times, but that's not even the concerning part, it's the core stuff. I don't know what this current injury is about, but I hope upper body means he cut himself while shaving and at this point in the season they just want to play it very, very safe.

I've got no rational reason for this, but somehow I've gotten more pessimistic about his future with the Jackets lately. No idea why, just a gut feeling.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Saw a picture that Texier posted on his Instagram. Not sure when it’s taken, but he has no cast or anything on his finger. His finger appears to be better
Yeah, no way he’s been injured and away from the team this long.. I know they mentioned family loss , but starting to wonder if there is a future for Texier .. it’s been radio silence around that whole situation for way too long

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Yeah, no way he’s been injured and away from the team this long.. I know they mentioned family loss , but starting to wonder if there is a future for Texier .. it’s been radio silence around that whole situation for way too long
I sure hope so. Of the three young rrivals from several years ago -Tex, Foudy, Bemstrom - Tex is the only one I’m convinced is a true NHL player. He was showing lots of ability before he departed.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
We're playing the red hot Lightning twice and Pens in the final. I doubt if we were completely healthy it would make much difference.

The Lightning are trying now. They are getting into post season mode.

Pittsburgh probably would rather maintain their position and play the Rangers than get passed by Washington and have to play Florida, so I don’t know if they’ll be resting their old guys.

LoneFunyan

Proud of all the points
Nov 11, 2015

Didn't want to be the first one to say it, but I too feel like there something else brewing with Tex. Portzline posted via Twitter a few days ago that he's got zero information about what's going on. The lack of any kind of update from anyone is odd. It seems kind of like the team and the player aren't talking to each other.

Reactions: DJA

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Didn't want to be the first one to say it, but I too feel like there something else brewing with Tex. Portzline posted via Twitter a few days ago that he's got zero information about what's going on. The lack of any kind of update from anyone is odd. It seems kind of like the team and the player aren't talking to each other.
It's really strange. I know from personal experience that it's terrible when a loved one passes away. But to be gone for so long... After all, even if it's justified by injury, the player has to go for check-ups at least. And Tex hasn't had a gypsum on his hand in weeks. I can only hope it's because of being with loved ones when there's no real chance to play in PO.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It's really strange. I know from personal experience that it's terrible when a loved one passes away. But to be gone for so long... After all, even if it's justified by injury, the player has to go for check-ups at least. And Tex hasn't had a gypsum on his hand in weeks. I can only hope it's because of being with loved ones when there's no real chance to play in PO.

It's obviously not an injury and no one is pretending that it is. I'm not sure if you saw it but the club put out a release a couple months ago that Tex is staying away to be with family in a difficult time for them.

I don't know what is going on, but silence is what you would expect when someone is with family in a situation like this. You don't get trainer updates ("he's 90% done grieving and almost emotionally healed and will be back in the lineup in two weeks"). There's not going to be updates until he is ready.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
It's obviously not an injury and no one is pretending that it is. I'm not sure if you saw it but the club put out a release a couple months ago that Tex is staying away to be with family in a difficult time for them.

I don't know what is going on, but silence is what you would expect when someone is with family in a situation like this. You don't get trainer updates ("he's 90% done grieving and almost emotionally healed and will be back in the lineup in two weeks"). There's not going to be updates until he is ready.
We didn't understand each other. What I meant was that because of the injury, he may stay with his family longer and not return to Columbus much sooner.
Regarding the other, I didn't mean communication with the club, but to make it worse. Although even the death of even one member is a big tragedy.

LoneFunyan

Proud of all the points
Nov 11, 2015

We have no idea what anyone is pretending because there is literally no information from within or outside the org and that's been the case since Mar 10, which is when the CBJ released the statement saying he'd be staying in France to mourn a personal loss.

Compare this to Laine's loss of his father - which, yes, everyone mourns differently and I'm not heading for "Tex is taking too long". Point being we had the announcement of the event on 11/21. On the 30th we had 3rd party reporting that he was skating. On the 6th Portzline reported he was "told Laine is back in Finland". So there was information trickling out every week or so about what was happening, and then he returned on the 14th. While that information wasn't coming from the team, it was getting out.

But with Tex, it's like he's disappeared off the face of the earth. The team could *easily* have said "Texier is fully healed and without a cast and his back is great too, but we're still letting him take his time mourning his recent loss" and I think everybody would be "Cool!"

As I said before, the lack of any information for like 7 weeks seems extremely strange.

Anyway, just a series of observations.

Reactions: Jovavic and DJA

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
But with Tex, it's like he's disappeared off the face of the earth. The team could *easily* have said "Texier is fully healed and without a cast and his back is great too, but we're still letting him take his time mourning his recent loss" and I think everybody would be "Cool!"

Isn't that basically what this is (3/10/2022)?

"Columbus Blue Jackets General Manager and Alternate Governor Jarmo Kekalainen announced today that forward Alexandre Texier has been granted an indefinite leave of absence from the club for personal reasons.

"Recently, Tex has experienced personal losses of people very close to him and our priority right now is to support him in every way possible," said Kekalainen. "We are going to give him the time he needs and look forward to welcoming him back to the Blue Jackets family when he is ready.""

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I give the CBJ credit for allowing Tex to deal with whatever he is dealing with. Tex nor the team owe me any kind of explanation until/if they are ready to talk about it. I support Tex the person and hope things get better for him. As far as Tex the player I hope he comes back because he was becoming a really good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad