Injury Report: 2021-22 Injury/COVID Report: 04/28: Werenski, Blankenburg out

Status
Not open for further replies.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
We have no idea what anyone is pretending because there is literally no information from within or outside the org and that's been the case since Mar 10, which is when the CBJ released the statement saying he'd be staying in France to mourn a personal loss.

Compare this to Laine's loss of his father - which, yes, everyone mourns differently and I'm not heading for "Tex is taking too long". Point being we had the announcement of the event on 11/21. On the 30th we had 3rd party reporting that he was skating. On the 6th Portzline reported he was "told Laine is back in Finland". So there was information trickling out every week or so about what was happening, and then he returned on the 14th. While that information wasn't coming from the team, it was getting out.

But with Tex, it's like he's disappeared off the face of the earth. The team could *easily* have said "Texier is fully healed and without a cast and his back is great too, but we're still letting him take his time mourning his recent loss" and I think everybody would be "Cool!"

As I said before, the lack of any information for like 7 weeks seems extremely strange.

Anyway, just a series of observations.

I'm with Monk and DSL on this. The club told us what is happening two months ago. And this isn't the sort of situation where you expect updates, unless its a superstar with paparazzi following them around. We should be glad for Tex that he gets to deal with his situation privately. It has taken a longer time than I expected but the silence part of it is normal to me.

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
We have no idea what anyone is pretending because there is literally no information from within or outside the org and that's been the case since Mar 10, which is when the CBJ released the statement saying he'd be staying in France to mourn a personal loss.

Compare this to Laine's loss of his father - which, yes, everyone mourns differently and I'm not heading for "Tex is taking too long". Point being we had the announcement of the event on 11/21. On the 30th we had 3rd party reporting that he was skating. On the 6th Portzline reported he was "told Laine is back in Finland". So there was information trickling out every week or so about what was happening, and then he returned on the 14th. While that information wasn't coming from the team, it was getting out.

But with Tex, it's like he's disappeared off the face of the earth. The team could *easily* have said "Texier is fully healed and without a cast and his back is great too, but we're still letting him take his time mourning his recent loss" and I think everybody would be "Cool!"

As I said before, the lack of any information for like 7 weeks seems extremely strange.

Anyway, just a series of observations.
(Me Paraphrasing)

Just listened to Porty’s Podcast with JD and straight from JD - Texier will be here with the Team in the fall. He is skating and working out but it was just unfortunate with his injury and personal situation. JD talked about how good Texier has been.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad