Prospect Info: 2021 - 2022 World Junior Championships

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Second game that Lambert looks to be on another level. He's playing Austria, so be aware of context, but Lambert looks much more aware of his surroundings and can do it at speed to0.

He is raw, but his talent is truly special.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Neighbors will look good in Arizona. Lambert was at one time expected to fall into the late-teens, but I don't see that happening. That kid is a gamer.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I try not to look too much into "who we could have taken" when looking at other prospects. It's unfair to the player that was drafted and the only concern should be how the drafted player will develop.

But man, I wanted Svechkov at the time in the draft and he has only gotten better to watch. I'm not disappointed in Bolduc as I think he will be a fine talent. But Svechkov had talent, intelligence, and the ability to make his lines better. He's so poised on the ice when in the offensive zone. Nashville got a good one in him.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Loof given a match penalty for a check to the head. He's been very aggressive physically so far this tournament and tonight it burned him.

Stealth JD

Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Got to admit, I was very impressed with Wallstedt. He was a brick wall.

I hate that he's in Minnesota, and Askarov is in Nashville. Those teams aren't in danger of slipping into mediocrity any time soon. This division will be 6-deep for the foreseeable future. Injuries may decide on a year-to-year basis which teams make the post-season, and which ones re-group.

Reactions: SwivelSchwartz

Stealth JD

Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
US had to forfeit our game against the Swiss today. Two positive cases.
14vs87.jpg

Reactions: shpongle falls

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Arms were a bit high, but it didn't look egregious enough for a match penalty lol
He has to be more aware that he is a large man and that his raised arms will contact the head.

Just as all players must be responsible for their stick, large players need to take a little extra care when hitting an opponent. Jumbo/Perron

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
He has to be more aware that he is a large man and that his raised arms will contact the head.

Just as all players must be responsible for their stick, large players need to take a little extra care when hitting an opponent. Jumbo/Perron
I would agree, but the player he hit is the same height he is. I think the hit looks worse than it was because the head shot back, but unless Loof tried to lean into Nemec's chest, then it wouldn't matter if Loof's arms were up or not, Nemec's head was getting hit either way. If Loof wants to make more of these hits though, he will have to be more aware this

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I would agree, but the player he hit is the same height he is. I think the hit looks worse than it was because the head shot back, but unless Loof tried to lean into Nemec's chest, then it wouldn't matter if Loof's arms were up or not, Nemec's head was getting hit either way. If Loof wants to make more of these hits though, he will have to be more aware this
Fine, maybe the Slovak player is the same height. Doesn't matter. Loof had that player lined up while he was bent over. Most of us here have participated in athletics and know that it is quite possible to make split-second physical decisions. Leo had time.

Loof saw a player who was bent over, raised his arms and shoved him over face first. That looked egregious to me.

I'm all for toughness, but Loof has to be smarter. Now, I want to see if he has what it takes to reign in the violence and just be normally physical.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Lööf's play was reckless and careless. Hit was way too high (looks like neck was the primary point of contact) and if he's suspended it's deserved. He needs to play smarter. Tho I am loving his physicality outside of that hit. Maybe the next Bortuzzo in that regards.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I hate that he's in Minnesota, and Askarov is in Nashville. Those teams aren't in danger of slipping into mediocrity any time soon. This division will be 6-deep for the foreseeable future. Injuries may decide on a year-to-year basis which teams make the post-season, and which ones re-group.
I have not been impressed with Askarov. He was bad at wjc last year and had rough start this year.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Lööf's play was reckless and careless. Hit was way too high (looks like neck was the primary point of contact) and if he's suspended it's deserved. He needs to play smarter. Tho I am loving his physicality outside of that hit. Maybe the next Bortuzzo in that regards.
Agreed completely. I've been enjoying watching Loof's physicality, but that was a bad hit. Crossed the IIHF line* and deserved the match penalty IMO (*important to note because the IIHF has different rules for hitting, particularly when there is head contact).

It was not only a bad hit, but also a just a dumb play...there were 12 mins left in the 3rd, his team is leading 2-0 and Loof puts his team on a 5 min PK. He was lucky his team rallied and put together a gutsy PK (and that Wallsted was a brick wall), otherwise he could have easily cost his team important standings points in a short tourney like this.

Hopefully he can learn from this and develop into a solid physical NHL dman in a couple years. I think the Bortuzzo comparison is an interesting one. Not sure Loof has the skill and hockey IQ to be a top 4 guy, but there's still a lot of time for him to develop.

Reactions: Blueston

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Analyzing stuff like that from 19 year olds is pointless. Getting a match penalty is completely meaningless in regard to his NHL future.

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Analyzing stuff like that from 19 year olds is pointless. Getting a match penalty is completely meaningless in regard to his NHL future.
"Meaninglessness" is to be determined. If he never does that again, then we can call this "meaningless". But if he does it again, then this is meaningful.

Does he have a history of bad hits? idk

Reactions: execwrite1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad