Rumor: 2021-2022 Trade Rumors and FA Part VI: Lets see how well Sakic can Hagel

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Imagine if Sakic had signed Andersen instead of Kuemper? Avs retain their 2022 1st, 2024 conditional 3rd and 3RD in Timmins?

I’m okay with Kuemper but the Avs would have so much more flexibility at this TDL if Andersen hadn’t gotten nervous and signed with the Canes early on. But then I’d have been nervous if we went after Andersen so there’s that.

Meh...

I know LeBrun said Anderson was Plan B, but Colorado bungled Plan A (Grubauer) pretty hard. They had all the time in the world to negotiate with Grubauer but didn't due to the Landeskog situation, which was also nearly bungled.

Freddy signed with Carolina minutes (12:06 PM) after free agency opened and Colorado was still negotiating with Grubauer for a couple hours after that, so I wonder what level of discussions actually happened with Andersen. :dunno:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
A big time miss by Sakic last year. We were rumored to be on Anderson to the last minute but Grubauer played us to the last minute as well. Sakic had a little too much trust on his former players and it burned him but he partially made up for it with Darcy.
It’s not on Sakic that he couldn’t figure out whether or not Grub was worth re signing over a years time? Come on now.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
It’s not on Sakic that he couldn’t figure out whether or not Grub was worth re signing over a years time? Come on now.

We can all act like we know what it entails to be an nhl GM but we don’t. Grubauer didn’t like the number he was offered and got overpaid elsewhere, is what it is. We are getting good goaltending. Kuemper for a full season is easily worth a first and Timmins types are easy to find.

Reactions: Vk1ing

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
We can all act like we know what it entails to be an nhl GM but we don’t. Grubauer didn’t like the number he was offered and got overpaid elsewhere, is what it is. We are getting good goaltending. Kuemper for a full season is easily worth a first and Timmins types are easy to find.
Of course I don’t know everything that goes into being a GM. But you’d think over the course of the previous season he’d at least have a ballpark for what Grub wanted and whether it was to high or not.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Of course I don’t know everything that goes into being a GM. But you’d think over the course of the previous season he’d at least have a ballpark for what Grub wanted and whether it was to high or not.

Most pending ufas don’t want to talk dollar amount until their season is done, especially if they are on pace for a career year. Wasn’t singling you out, I myself judge moves too but in the end we just don’t know what happened.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Most pending ufas don’t want to talk dollar amount until their season is done, especially if they are on pace for a career year. Wasn’t singling you out, I myself judge moves too but in the end we just don’t know what happened.
There was plenty of time over the summer to talk numbers.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I mean Sakic knows the ufa goalie market. He should’ve been able get a ballpark from the agent. Even if they didn’t talk all season there’s plenty of time in the off-season. He poorly managed his time on the Gru contract. All there is to it.

Reactions: The Moops
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad