GDT: 2021-2022 Trade Deadline frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
A league leading team that’s heavily carried by the top 6 and top pairing D pair. Our bottom 6 compared to other contenders is putrid and we will get throttled by any team in the east in a 7 game series.. this has been the case for 4 years and counting now I’m surprised people still don’t see it.

Is that right? Girard, EJ, J Johnson, Manson, Murray (and hopefully Byram) don't add anything?
Also, our bottom 6 now consist of Sturm, Helm, JT, LOC, NAK (also newish) and Newhook. That's vastly different to last years P/O's

Reactions: Alienblood

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
A league leading team that’s heavily carried by the top 6 and top pairing D pair. Our bottom 6 compared to other contenders is putrid and we will get throttled by any team in the east in a 7 game series.. this has been the case for 4 years and counting now I’m surprised people still don’t see it.

This hasn't been updated with Sturm and Manson yet but it's still clearly indicative of where the Avs main weakness is (i.e. bottom 6 forwards).

1647820046745.png

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
And he is slower.

TB seems to have become slower overall as a team, now losing Joseph from its bottom 6 after losing Goodrow and Coleman last year. I don't like the Paul for Joseph trade for TB.

Edit: I forgot Gourde as well.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I’m not sure why so many fans would rather get rag dolled in a playoff format than spend a first who ends up being a martin kaut or Tyson Jost level player. Avs suck at drafting outside the top 10 too.
Not entirely. However, those picks are more valuable being spent for the TDL.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Their bottom 6 is gonna be an animal to play against.

Paul - Colton - Hagel
Maroon - Bellemare - Perry

Bigger, but I don't like the downgrade in skating overall from their bottom 6 last year. It is a significant difference and their bottom 6 is much weaker in my mind than last year.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Is that right? Girard, EJ, J Johnson, Manson, Murray (and hopefully Byram) don't add anything?
Also, our bottom 6 now consist of Sturm, Helm, JT, LOC, NAK (also newish) and Newhook. That's vastly different to last years P/O's
The bottom 6 outside Newhook is 4th liners or AHLers.

Your talent assessment is godawful. NAK has been awful the last 2 months. LOC has taken a step backwards and is overplayed. Compher sucks and gives 0 effort. Helm… lol. Sturm it’s hard to say.

I see 3 NHLers in the bottom 6. 2 should be 4th liners and nothing more.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I mean Paul is bigger, but.. seems like a downgrade for them.

But it's also Tampa, so I trust their judgement lol

The Paul move could have been made specifically with Toronto and Florida in mind. Both of those added big LHD's in Chiarot, Hagg, and Giordano. Paul gives Tampa a battering ram against those guys.

Reactions: Balthazar

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
As I said, it's a bit outdated. The Avs definitely do still need help on the 3rd line.

Yup, when Landy is back, Newhook is down there, Sturm is new, Helm was a beast last game (hope he keeps that up), LOC (you know what you get there), Compher and NAK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad