2021-2022 Roster Speculation Thread, pt. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I have not watched a game this season but just looked over some stats. Is Tage Thompson our 1C? He's leading all forwards in ice time.
So far Mitts is injured probably yes, Tage looked very good in the center position.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Honestly that's unbelievable. What a test tonight.

Eh, Granato is much more about rolling lines and pairs than heaving excessive ToI to one particular line or pair. Thompson's line is also getting a lot of offensive zone starts (more than any other line), though they are all weighted to the O-zone since they've owned possession so much more in their opening games.

Grouch

Apr 22, 2021
So far Mitts is injured probably yes, Tage looked very good in the center position.

Its time to go get Strome from Chicago. Prob cost a 3rd rounder. Maybe take on Shaw contract (insured, doesn't cost real $ I don't think). Hope to extend him for 2ys @ $2-2.5 per and have a solid 2C or 1C if necessary. Chi coach is useless and misusing him I think, and I think he could thrive in BUF.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Its time to go get Strome from Chicago. Prob cost a 3rd rounder. Maybe take on Shaw contract (insured, doesn't cost real $ I don't think). Hope to extend him for 2ys @ $2-2.5 per and have a solid 2C or 1C if necessary. Chi coach is useless and misusing him I think, and I think he could thrive in BUF.
I'm not sure if a player like Dylan Strome would fit the Sabres current model of play. Mittelstadt is probably not out for too long. Thompson looks good. Eakin or Girgensons will be the center in their link with Okposo. Cozens in theory could play on the wing, but I think they want him to play in the center.

Reactions: Jacob582

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

He can’t handle a 1C role. He’s up for arbitration in off season.

Grouch

Apr 22, 2021
He can’t handle a 1C role. He’s up for arbitration in off season.

He is, but bring him in and if it doesn't work out, you don't qualify him and he's unrestricted. I'd venture to say he's just as (if not more) capable of handling a 1C role than anyone else on this team. And could ease a bit of pressure on Mitts to jump into the 1C like he has and gain some more level of comfort playing 2C.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
I'm not opposed to them rotating Butcher and Caggiula out of the lineup.

With Caggiula scratched, an Amerk forward can get a short stint while Eakin's out. I'm not picky about who to recall, but would rather see them be proactive about rotating in-and-out potential upgradeable parts to find a better fit. They probably won't do it tomorrow night, with no extra forward recalled, or soon for that matter.

I also doubt Wolanin will draw in for a debut on defense with the opponent being Butcher's former team (NJD). Surprisingly, none of the other defense make much sense to sit right now.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Peterka and Quinn lighting it up in Roch. Do they eventually get promoted this season, or does Adam's leave them down there to make a Calder run? Do they come up when the Amerks are safely in a playoff position, then get sent back down for the playoffs?

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
We could probably see something like this after TDL or next season.

Skinner - Mitts - xxxx
Asplund - Tage - Olofsson
Quinn - Cozens - Peterka
Zemgus - Eakin - Okposo

Hell, in recent years, I never thought that we still need to find a place for all the players, there is already not enough. I used to think with someone to replace these useless Vesey, Sheary and similar players.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Buffalo should go after Georgiev.
I loved Georgiev years ago but he's not the same goalie. Could be coaching but I think we can get him for free the way he's trending right now.

It's sad. Gusev was another one of my favourites that have turned to shit.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
We could probably see something like this after TDL or next season.

Skinner - Mitts - xxxx
Quinn - Cozens - Peterka
Zemgus - Eakin - Okposo

Hell, in recent years, I never thought that we still need to find a place for all the players, there is already not enough. I used to think with someone to replace these useless Vesey, Sheary and similar players.

There you go....

Skinner - Mitts - Weissback
Quinn - Cozens - Peterka
Zemgus - Eakin - Okposo

Where does Krebs fit??? ;)

Reactions: Dingo44

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
There you go....

Skinner - Mitts - Weissback
Quinn - Cozens - Peterka
Zemgus - Eakin - Okposo

Where does Krebs fit??? ;)
But then it is not clear what we get for Eichel. I don’t know what plans they have for Olofsson after this season, and I’m also not sure if Thompson will be guaranteed to play center.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
But then it is not clear what we get for Eichel. I don’t know what plans they have for Olofsson after this season, and I’m also not sure if Thompson will be guaranteed to play center.
Maybe the Sabres include Tage in an Eichel deal if they get a Krebs/Rossi type of center prospect in return. Tage could fill as a center till Eichel returns? Options are endless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad