2021-2022 Roster Speculation Thread, pt. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Unless there's a callup, looks like Hayden draws in on Friday. Wonder if we'll make a callup for the upcoming Western roadie?

Seems likely that they would recall someone. I'm curious who that will be - I would think a center since they now have put R2 and Gus back in the middle (at least for this practice).

member 334057

Seems likely that they would recall someone. I'm curious who that will be - I would think a center since they now have put R2 and Gus back in the middle (at least for this practice).
Unless they shift Pysyk to the wing and have Wolanin in the line-up

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Girgs can play center call up a winger if needed.

Bjork-Girgs-KO
Asplund-Thompson-olofsson
Skinner-Cozens-Hino
Cagguila- R2- JPP

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
I think they would be well advised to put in their big boy lineup vs Boston and especially Tampa.

maybe Murray gets a call up?

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
When I read about how close Ullmark was to the other Swedes on the team, I think that the Sabres felt really strongly that they could get him to stay.

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
I think a lot of people have been overlooking the one major change that’s clearly responsible for this season’s early success: The return to the co-captains model.

ECF here we come.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Granato's?

If Samuelsson proves to be NHL ready this year- what do the pairings looks like when fully healthy?

Dahlin-Joki
Bryson-Miller
Samuelsson-Pysyk

I've been pleasantly surprised with Bryson thus far, so he's earned a spot in my line-up for now. Leaving Butcher out is tough, though. I know he started the year as a healthy scratch, but I think he's done an admirable playing on his off side. Hagg has also played well, but has his hand grenade moments, though his physicality is a welcome addition. If Samuelsson plays like he did last year, then he's the better option.

***I've only watched about half- 2/3 of each game so far, so take my opinion with a grain of salt!

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
If Samuelsson proves to be NHL ready this year- what do the pairings looks like when fully healthy?

Dahlin-Joki
Bryson-Miller
Samuelsson-Pysyk

I've been pleasantly surprised with Bryson thus far, so he's earned a spot in my line-up for now. Leaving Butcher out is tough, though. I know he started the year as a healthy scratch, but I think he's done an admirable playing on his off side. Hagg has also played well, but has his hand grenade moments, though his physicality is a welcome addition. If Samuelsson plays like he did last year, then he's the better option.

***I've only watched about half- 2/3 of each game so far, so take my opinion with a grain of salt!
Hagg's been great, I wouldn't take him out of the lineup. Seems like a good problem to have. This D just seems so much better than last year.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Dahlin-Joki
Bryson-Miller
Samuelsson-Pysyk

They've had relatively few mistakes by the defense so far so that's hard to easily pick one guy at the moment. Getting Samuelsson into practices, perhaps even sending him to Rochester to get up to game speed, seems like a way to kick that decision a week or two down the road.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Hagg's been great, I wouldn't take him out of the lineup. Seems like a good problem to have. This D just seems so much better than last year.
It does. Coaching has been great thus far. What a difference. And yeah- definitely a good problem to have. I just hope once Samuelsson gets his shot- he's impossible to pull from the line-up.

They've had relatively few mistakes by the defense so far so that's hard to easily pick one guy at the moment. Getting Samuelsson into practices, perhaps even sending him to Rochester to get up to game speed, seems like a way to kick that decision a week or two down the road.
Yup. Def think this is the route they will go in the short-term. Hard to remove players when the defense has played so well. I guess I'm nitpicking Hagg a bit based on the perception I had of him before playing for the Sabres. Really surprised by this group so far.

I'm assuming Samuelsson will get his shot in the near future.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I have not watched a game this season but just looked over some stats. Is Tage Thompson our 1C? He's leading all forwards in ice time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad