Celtics/NBA 2021-2022 Regular Season Part 1: Trader Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I am glad Ime is holding guys accountable and I am also glad that Marcus knows he stepped in it and is owning it

Reactions: CDJ

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
All the other three leagues for the most part have been operating fine

What is it about NBA players that they have such a difficult time following very simple rules?

Most player driven major sports league in the United States. Everything they do is under a microscope and with so few roster spots everything that happens is amplified

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Don't start looking for subtext that isn't there.

But really, other than the Washington Capitals' Russian hotel party, we haven't seen the kind of brazen ignoring of rules in any of the other active sports leagues that the NBA seems to be going through every week. I think there is something to it being a players' league where they pretty much have all the power over their coaches and GMs because it's such an individually-driven league.

In the NFL they can up and cut you with no pay in a minute like Cam Newton, so people are more careful. But like, Marcus Smart can do whatever he wants and Stevens isn't going to cut him. If they get really fed up maybe they trade someone (like when Harden forced his way out last year by going to strip clubs). But GMs don't have the luxury to just dump someone for misbehavior.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Celtics down 5 and Marcus Smart interjects himself. Bricks a contested 3 and then an awful turnover on next possession...game over. Winning plays!

Reactions: smithformeragent
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad