Rumor: 2021-2022 Official Boston Bruins Rumors and Roster Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I think Haula-Coyle-Smith could be a very solid 3rd line. So then what to with the other lines, when Marchand comes back? Hall looking much better with Bergeron and Pastrnak (who wouldn't).. Can Marchand prop up a line on his own, with lesser players?

Hall-Bergeron-Pasta
Marchand-Foligno-Kulhman/Fred
Haula-Coyle-Smith
Blidh-Nosek-Lazar

2nd line looks gross.. but there aren't many options.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
If we trade another good player or an asset for a guy like Chiarot because he's big and strong I'm going to lose it. It's 2021 people. We don't need to have shitty players on our team just because they are tough. Ben Chiarot sucks.

Reactions: bbfan419

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
If we trade another good player or an asset for a guy like Chiarot because he's big and strong I'm going to lose it. It's 2021 people. We don't need to have shitty players on our team just because they are tough. Ben Chiarot sucks.

What about our shitty players who aren't tough? Our bottom 6 forwards are combined for 4 goals in 103 games.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
I don't know, I just don't get when people say "___ SUCKS!" while we have a half dozen of them eating up our forward group.

I wasnt talking about our forward group. Chiarot is a LHD. I don't know what is happening in this back and forth at all ha.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Dude. It wouldn't take both DeBrusk and Frederic to get Deslauriers, lol.

Dude, Deslauriers has LITERALLY DOUBLED FREDERIC output last year and this year. Way tougher than #11. DeBrusk is damaged goods, you aren't getting
much of anything for him beyond a 3rd. You free up about 1.5-2M in cap also.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Keep Jake. Call up Stud and Steen when you can. If Trent isn’t going to be physical in games like last night then sit..Lazar sent down.

top six
Jake-Studnicka-Steen
Haula-Nosek-Foligno

#profit
Jake's gotta go. And not because of the tired reasons like "he's lazy" or "he doesn't care" or whatever other slander keeps getting thrown around.

I just think he's gotta go because he apparently has trade value and plays our strongest position. He's our 3rd best LW but is going to require a QO of $5m+. With Marchand & Hall ahead of him and his inability to be effective at RW he's just not a good fit going forward IMO. Plus Haula is looking really good at LW.

we have more LW depth than any other part of the lineup and Jake's salary & limitations make him the odd man out so let's use him to make another part of the team better. Nothing personal (unlike some posters here apparently). Just business/hockey.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Jake's gotta go. And not because of the tired reasons like "he's lazy" or "he doesn't care" or whatever other slander keeps getting thrown around.

I just think he's gotta go because he apparently has trade value and plays our strongest position. He's our 3rd best LW but is going to require a QO of $5m+. With Marchand & Hall ahead of him and his inability to be effective at RW he's just not a good fit going forward IMO. Plus Haula is looking really good at LW.

we have more LW depth than any other part of the lineup and Jake's salary & limitations make him the odd man out so let's use him to make another part of the team better. Nothing personal (unlike some posters here apparently). Just business/hockey.

oooo a rare constructive/data-driven take - not sure I can handle this lol

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

I like that take on it. That’s why I don’t get this.

guy has a lot of value

he asked for a trade a while ago

you were signing Hall

you fully well know Jake isn’t a bottom six type player. Bruins could have filled some hole before the UFA period. I just don’t get it sometimes. They trade Dougie Hamilton five minutes after he says he’s not signing here (he had no power by the way) but Jake has remained in their clutches for months even though there may be a big market and he doesn’t want to be here

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
So are the Bruins basically just showcasing Swayman right now for when the inevitable happens and Rask comes back and they're stuck with Ullmark or can they send Sway down to Providence or what

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

guy has a lot of value

you were signing Hall

you fully well know Jake isn’t a bottom six type player. Bruins could have filled some hole before the UFA period. I just don’t get it sometimes. They trade Dougie Hamilton five minutes after he says he’s not signing here (he had no power by the way) but Jake has remained in their clutches for months even though there may be a big market and he doesn’t want to be here
I think in the case of Dougie an offer sheet was imminent so they traded him quickly so they could control their own destiny and restock the farm (obviously that part didn't work out well lol). The alternative would have been lose him via offersheet for a slightly worse package of picks or to match and be stuck with him for a year so they did what they did.

They have considerably less pressure to move Jake. With that said, I agree that it seems like they should have been able to trade him in the summer and come into camp with their "final" lineup instead of having to deal with this in December.

Reactions: Gordoff

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

guy has a lot of value

you were signing Hall

Its more than likely DeBrusk doesn't have the return
people think or more importantly Sweeney must think.
Otherwise he would be gone, right? Probably will wait
until deadline or another team has winger injury issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad