Rumor: 2021-2022 Official Boston Bruins Rumors and Roster Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Tarasenko at 5.25 million for a guy playing on our 2nd line, a guy playing in providence and a 2nd rounder? Wow

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Which would you prefer…

A) An underperforming over paid star player that is essentially being cap-dumped in the hopes that the star player returns to form. Someone like Monahan or Wheeler.

B) A really talented young player who has high upside but hasn’t been able to find success yet (and his current team is done waiting). Like maybe a Sam Steel.

C) A youngish player who has shown top6 talent and production but like DeBrusk has regressed the last few years and all that’s left is the hope that a change of scenery will jumpstart him. Like Dylan Strome.

D) A rental type, a UFA to be where the acquiring team would rather roll the dice on a 24 year old who’s proven he’s at least capable of scoring 20 goals than another draft pick. For example, AZ has 3 first round picks, so maybe they’d rather get a player than another pick for Kessel.

Give me A then D to be honest lol

A - Maybe overpaid but we saw Hall come to Boston last year and light it up. If its an underperforming/overpaid star center that a 2c then he might get going playing with Hall

B - Bruins suck at developing forwards and don't wait with young players themselves, so seems like a waste of time

C - See B

D - Don't love it or hate it, but by the end of the year you could be left with nothing for JDB.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Nick Foligno returned a 1st RD pick, so yeah I absolutely
can see Chiarot, whom I like getting a first. Becomes
Boston's #1 LD. So if Foligno can get a 1st why not Chiarot who becomes Boston top LD?

Because the Bruins and Canadiens have made one (1) trade since the late 60s?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Sure did love Haula/Coyle/Smith

Hall/Studnicka/??? as your second line?

That ??? has to be a legit talent. Someone you could argue is a first liner (or Pasta and that new person plays with 63/37 instead).

Too bad Lysell isn't a few years older, lol.

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA
I haven’t watched Tarasenko at all this year, but the numbers are solid and he’s signed for one more year beyond this one.

would look nice on the RW with Hall and Coyle. Gives you two legit scoring lines. Doesn’t do anything to address that pathetic D corps, but one thing at a time, I guess.

Reactions: bbfan419

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Sure did love Haula/Coyle/Smith

Hall/Studnicka/??? as your second line?

That ??? has to be a legit talent. Someone you could argue is a first liner (or Pasta and that new person plays with 63/37 instead).

Too bad Lysell isn't a few years older, lol.
Ideally, the bottom 9 yesterday all move down a line.

I think the Bruins should see if they can get a #2C or #2RW for DeBrusk++. Depending on the return, then try out Studnicka, Steen, or Senyshyn as the third player on that line until the trade dradline.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I haven’t watched Tarasenko at all this year, but the numbers are solid and he’s signed for one more year beyond this one.

would look nice on the RW with Hall and Coyle. Gives you two legit scoring lines. Doesn’t do anything to address that pathetic D corps, but one thing at a time, I guess.

“pathetic”. Get a grip man

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Keep Jake. Call up Stud and Steen when you can. If Trent isn’t going to be physical in games like last night then sit..Lazar sent down.

top six
Jake-Studnicka-Steen
Haula-Nosek-Foligno

#profit

Please God no.

And now we finally have a day after a game where he looked like a player. Move now before the other Jake shows up tomorrow.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Monahan is the most intriguing name you mentioned. Was productive at one point in his career and is still relatively young at 27 years old. What’s his deal? His play seems to have really fallen off the last couple of seasons. Injuries?

He played last season with a bum hip and had surgery in the offseason and now he's playing 3rd line (sometimes 4th line) minutes because his body is betraying him. It's probably just too soon after surgery but would you want to bet on him returning to form at $6m per for this year and next? Scary.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad